List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McStay to me is another Mihocek, although a poorer version. Mihocek is a better mark and harder at it.

This is not to denigrate McStay, Mihocek is a gun…I just hope the club know what they are getting and that it fits with the strategy. I would have preferred a marque forward rather than another role player.
McStay is a pro who plays a selfless team game. He'll make us better.

Watching May and Lever bickering last night got me to thinking.
If Grundy goes to Melbourne, maybe we should ask for May.
Apparently May wanted to come to us and couldn’t as we didn’t have the trade capital.
Melbourne handed over pick 6 for May and Kolodjashnij (retired I believe).

A firm no from me. As good as May is, he seems to have done more harm than good for that team.

Love the McStay haters, thread went quiet in the last 2 pages for some reason ?

Should have had 4 goals.

-Thought the review was over the line
-Fred after a strong tackle, advantage and -goal on siren to Hipwood
-2 goals of his own.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should have, could have. He barely made contact with that ball with his shin, after first fumbling the pickup and later failing to block Petty touching it.

He also turned it over routinely during the night.

I’m happy to be in the sceptic camp. As I’ve said before, just because he will be playing for Collingwood doesn’t automatically change my opinion of him as a player.

In my opinion he is a second or third key position role player who is going to be on ridiculous coin for his output.

Meanwhile we haven’t even got the lead character in the show.

Last edited:
I think you need to study the salary Cap harder to understand what ridiculous coin is
Won’t be on much over the average especially as the cap increases with new pay deal.
And we are getting him for free trade wise

I think you need to study the salary Cap harder to understand what ridiculous coin is
Won’t be on much over the average especially as the cap increases with new pay deal.

Average AFL player salary is $372,224.

IMO $600k is ridiculous to pay for McStay, who himself is an average AFL player..

Watching May and Lever bickering last night got me to thinking.
If Grundy goes to Melbourne, maybe we should ask for May.
Apparently May wanted to come to us and couldn’t as we didn’t have the trade capital.
Melbourne handed over pick 6 for May and Kolodjashnij (retired I believe).
Had a punch up with a team mate (🤣) at both his clubs.

Who would he fight at Pies?

Should have, could have. He barely made contact with that ball with his shin, after first fumbling the pickup and later failing to block Petty touching it.

He also turned it over routinely during the night.

I’m happy to be in the sceptic camp. As I’ve said before, just because he will be playing for Collingwood doesn’t automatically change my opinion of him as a player.

In my opinion he is a second or third key position role player who is going to be on ridiculous coin for his output.

Meanwhile we haven’t even got the lead character in the show.
You're going to have to embrace him at some stage or you're in for a frustrating few years

Nice article on our boy.
They are taking the piss aren't they. Head of development is pleased with the progress of a 25 yo in his 8th season who they are not offering another contract to, who has been playing SANFL since round 8 but know another club has some interest.

The are clearing hoping we are silly enough to stump up a 3rd rounder. He is clearly a DFA or trade for a pick we would otherwise not use. He has been down back for a season and a half without making it and 24 games over 8 seasons says he is not AFL standard. No one on this board has been able to come up with a player who has 8 seasons in the AFL with little production and then makes it. As for learning the back craft he has been at that for a season and a half. It doesnt take that long. Liam Jones struggled as a forward, much less than Frampton though, was immediately an excellent KPB, on moving down there. A young Ben Reid had 3 seasons as a forward then went back and was flag CHB in his 1st season there and AA the next etc etc

Frampton has to be the very definition of a list clogger. Ben Kinnear used to be joked about on this board for the length of time he stayed on the list, 7 seasons for 50 games. Thats twice as good as Framptons 24 in 8. What evidence can there be that after 8 season he will reinvent himself. SANFL form for a mature player after all this time surely isnt the answer

We shouldnt waste a list space on someone in their 9th season who has been booted by 2 other clubs

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are taking the piss aren't they. Head of development is pleased with the progress of a 25 yo in his 8th season who they are not offering another contract to, who has been playing SANFL since round 8 but know another club has some interest.

The are clearing hoping we are silly enough to stump up a 3rd rounder. He is clearly a DFA or trade for a pick we would otherwise not use. He has been down back for a season and a half without making it and 24 games over 8 seasons says he is not AFL standard. No one on this board has been able to come up with a player who has 8 seasons in the AFL with little production and then makes it. As for learning the back craft he has been at that for a season and a half. It doesnt take that long. Liam Jones struggled as a forward, much less than Frampton though, was immediately an excellent KPB, on moving down there. A young Ben Reid had 3 seasons as a forward then went back and was flag CHB in his 1st season there and AA the next etc etc

Frampton has to be the very definition of a list clogger. Ben Kinnear used to be joked about on this board for the length of time he stayed on the list, 7 seasons for 50 games. Thats twice as good as Framptons 24 in 8. What evidence can there be that after 8 season he will reinvent himself. SANFL form for a mature player after all this time surely isnt the answer

Surely we shouldnt waste a list space on someone in their 9th season who has been booted by 2 other clubs
It’s not so much a reinvention of himself though. He was playing very well at senior level this season (and Adelaide were winning!) before he got dropped for their younger, worse KPDs.

I think the first, second, third forward is the wrong way to look at it.

To me it's about how good your forward line is at scoring or locking it in with different entry types. Due to pace, smarts and finishing skills, our forward line is good with quick entries - we hit up and double back really well, but we aren't very good at scoring or locking it in when the defence is set and we're bombing it to the hotspot. No one in the league takes many marks in that situation and McStay certainly won't, but he'll bring it to ground and importantly keep his feet and stay in the contest and just as importantly, he's a lovely kick, so when chances fall his way it often involves his team scoring. He'll make our forward line better with the entry type that we're currently not effective at.

Ahh, but I didn't say noble wouldn't drop him, just that he would just keep getting up after every punch, lol
He’d duck and weave around May’s angry haymakers, get low than drive a short left into his knacker bag, then upper cut him with his right, before a big roundhouse kick to his jaw that sends him to meet the Sandman.

Johnny will spare him his life in an act of grace to show that he is a humble and magnanimous man.

I think you need to study mathematics more if you think that approximately 60% above the average AFL salary “isn’t much”.

He’d duck and weave around May’s angry haymakers, get low than drive a short left into his knacker bag, then upper cut him with his right, before a big roundhouse kick to his jaw that sends him to meet the Sandman.

Johnny will spare him his life in an act of grace to show that he is a humble and magnanimous man.
Sounds possible, but I see a much simpler situation not involving Noble.

May being a knob and Maynard decking him with one punch that shatters his moronic protruding jaw.

Surely we shouldnt waste a list space on someone in their 9th season who has been booted by 2 other clubs
I hear what you are saying but no issues giving him a crack for little cost. Say Moore gets injured again given his previous history, who plays? We don’t have a replacement for roughy, let alone Moore. Deans shown simply that he’s chronically injured at this point, Kelly will be delisted, McMahon isn’t ready. Only viable option would be kreuger down back at this stage, depending on our plans for mcstay. IMO our interest in frampton stems from Deans injury clouds

Average AFL player salary is $372,224.

IMO $600k is ridiculous to pay for McStay, who himself is an average AFL player..
This is what it always comes down too, he's not Wayne Carey and he's paid to much. How do you know the deal is 600k per year? Have you seen the contract? When speaking about Collingwood the media always adds zeros and clubs like Richmond they subtract them and suckers fall for it everytime.

His form in the 6 games he played at AFL level were decent. Averaging 18 disposals and 7 marks a game, not bad for a big man. Not sure why the Crows didn't give him any further games for the season. Maybe they just wanted him to spend this year developing his game as a key position back at SANFL level, and then make a decision on him after that, and considering his form at SANFL level and he is only 25, you'd think they would want to continue with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back