List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because we certainly will have other plans in place to get back into this draft (or next)

If we end up with another pick or two to go with Daicos and Dib that would be a great outcome.

If we pick up daicos dib lipinski Stengle Kreuger and a draftee this year on top of the 12 players last year, and a first round pick and a free agent next year...... hopefully it wonā€™t matter that we donā€™t have a second or third round pick. That should be a solid foundation to build on.

And if we want one, we can trade one in!!!

So for those watching at home, we currently have 22, 36, 41, 43, 46, 48, 58, 79 in the 2021 ND.

We have a 2022 first rounder, the GCā€™s 2022 fourth and our own 2022 fifth.

On nick d, it would not surprise me, if north donā€™t bid, and that he get to four before he is bid on

Iā€™m thinking the same. Might have a gentlemanā€™s agreement with GWS last year when we gave them pick 2 and now the same with GC in this afternoons trade that they donā€™t bid on him. If North are feeling friendly as well then he may slide to 4 and we end up in a much better position than weā€™re all stressing about

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Me too. Iā€™m waiting to hear!

Could be a natural inclination to melt?

The trade looks like astounding business to me. We keep our best asset (future first) and webring our other assets forward 12 months, when they're needed most.

Mind you, we could finish in the bottom four again and the value still lines up. Gold Coast couldn't have been kinder to us here.

It's day one of trade week. We have the flexibility we're after. We've ticked the Daics/Dib box and, depending on what cost Lipinski/Krueger have, we could have some extra picks left to target some other young talent in the draft.

Can anyone who hates this trade explain why to me?

I donā€™t think anyone ā€œhatesā€ it. If you read through I think everyone with half a mind for how this stuff works is hedging their bets on what we do with 22. For instance Apex36 has probably gone hardest, but my sense is if we flip 22 into a usable draft pick this ones a winner to him. Am I right?

daicos goes pick 1, whatā€™s our current deficit?

We now just about 3,000 points. EVEN if it was at pick 1, thats only 2400, plenty left over.
If it was pick 2 it would cost 2,014 points.
Pick 3 - 1,788, which would leave over 1,000 points left over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone who hates this trade explain why to me?

We had 36, 41, 43 and 48. Together they went close to matching a bid at #3 and would have matched a bid at #4, I believe.

Now we have given up our 2022 second rounder, for pick 22 and some more later 2021 picks.

If a bid for Daicos comes in and we havenā€™t traded back out of 22, then that is the first pick which disappears. NOT all the later picks weā€™ve been stockpiling. We would keep those later picks and if we wanted to use them, turn over half our list for players who are not highly rated.

Presumably, we havenā€™t lost our minds and we will trade 22 out again. After last year, I hope itā€™s not for magic beans.

I would think we'll trade pick 22. For example, to Bulldogs for Lipinski and their future 2nd, which would get us back into 2022's 2nd round.
We might trade for other picks in this year's draft, 22 for Richmond's 38 & 42 - worth about the same points.
I'm sure something like this is in the works.
We could always offer them Henry šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
seems our biggest bargaining chip right now

Iā€™m thinking the same. Might have a gentlemanā€™s agreement with GWS last year when we gave them pick 2 and now the same with GC in this afternoons trade that they donā€™t bid on him. If North are feeling friendly as well then he may slide to 4 and we end up in a much better position than weā€™re all stressing about

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I sincerely hope we didn't assume that our pick would be high enough to even threaten a Daicos bid, given that even last year Daicos was touted as a top 5 pick. It presumes that the club knew we would finish near the bottom and traded the pick out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back