List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet he didn't help Bombers make a final..
Frampton didn’t help Port or Adelaide in that respect either. In a 22 man team, one player not elevating everyone else is poor justification for rejecting a player. And I don’t even want Stringer.

Exactly why I don't think Stringer is the missing piece for our next premiership as some are suggesting.
That also makes no sense. If you don’t want him that’s fine, flimsy justifications aren’t needed. I don’t want him because I think he’s a crap human being, despite the fact he’s actually fit pretty well in to our forward line.

That also makes no sense. If you don’t want him that’s fine, flimsy justifications aren’t needed. I don’t want him because I think he’s a crap human being, despite the fact he’s actually fit pretty well in to our forward line.
I was responding to someone who said we'd win a premiership next year if we got Stringer.

I have my own reasons for not wanting him. Unfit. Lazy. Inconsistent.. are just a few.

1) That’s your opinion, don’t disguise it as fact.

2) If we were in no way interested in Stringer, the club wouldn’t have met or talked to him/his manager in the first place, and there wouldn’t be reports of our interest, regardless of how minimal it might be.

3) Shut up Carl.
It’s not my opinion. It’s fact! I don’t need to prove anything to anyone here. I’m just relaying what I know. I won’t bother posting. Cheers

Haven't included our full complement (but fairly close because I may have missed a couple) but Beams, Ball, Krakeor, Elliott, Ramsey, Sier, Maynard, Murphy, Rantell, McInnes*, Poulter*, McMahon and McCreery* are pretty much our 2nd rounders (take out Ball, Krakeor and Elliott if you want because they were selected strangly) for the last 15 or so years. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's probably closer to 100 games for those that are not still playing.
Left out McClarty, C Brown and Kelly, then included Mcreery (44) but not Bianco(45). So from that list of 15 regular second round draftees in 15 years you've got:

100+ games - Beams and Maynard
50+ games - Murphy, Mcreery, C.Brown

That leaves 10 players, 9 of which played less than 10 games. So that gives us a 40% chance of drafting a player that plays more than 10 games, let alone the odds of drafting one that gives Stringer's level of performance.

“This is such a fascinating watch at the moment because Essendon will not, and I don’t think will blink at all. They are determined to stick to the trigger at the moment that has Jake Stringer contracted for 2025 on very modest money.

“Jake’s determination to land a second year to that has him out in the open market at the moment. There is no obvious suitor at this stage, Collingwood have been linked, I’m not sure if they are any further advanced than anyone else at this stage.

“He has not found the second year. If he does get it, then obviously there is a big decision to make, he has told people he’s not keen on going back to Essendon, that he has played his last game for Essendon.

“I still think it’s a possibility that he might have to go back there, what would sit in behind that would be significant.”

Left out McClarty, C Brown and Kelly, then included Mcreery (44) but not Bianco(45). So from that list of 15 regular second round draftees in 15 years you've got:

100+ games - Beams and Maynard
50+ games - Murphy, Mcreery, C.Brown

That leaves 10 players, 9 of which played less than 10 games. So that gives us a 40% chance of drafting a player that plays more than 10 games, let alone the odds of drafting one that gives Stringer's level of performance.
No.

Ruscoe, Bianco, McInnes, Macrae and Sier have all played over 10 games. You should have gone with 40 and you would have been closer.

Edit: Plus some are still going so the average is still going up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.

Ruscoe, Bianco, McInnes, Macrae, Kelly and Sier have all played over 10 games. You should have gone with 40 and you would have been closer.
Dunno if those are the names you want to raise in a defence of drafting over trading for Stringer

Dunno if those are the names you want to raise in a defence of drafting over trading for Stringer
Anyway we can go with Stringers 50 games of maybe good or bad or we can select a player in the second round of a strong draft (sure second rounders average the same amount of games that Stringer will give us but it's a strong draft). I'm not a Stringer fan and the club doesn't appear to be that interested but if we do try to pick him up I hope it's for a later pick.

This is the exact attitude that landed us in the Schultz trade debacle. Now we are left looking to get creative in a draft that is very deep, that we should’ve had a top 10 pick in. Back your recruiting team to pick decent players. That is their sole job and if they’re incompetent, they should be moved on. You can’t rely on other clubs to continue to pick players for you and try to poach them years later at a premium.

This is the exact attitude that landed us in the Schultz trade debacle. Now we are left looking to get creative in a draft that is very deep, that we should’ve had a top 10 pick in. Back your recruiting team to pick decent players. That is their sole job and if they’re incompetent, they should be moved on. You can’t rely on other clubs to continue to pick players for you and try to poach them years later at a premium.
Crisp, Mitchell, Howe, Hill, Frampton, WHE, Lipinski, Cameron.

This is going to be my only reply because your takes are straight up terrible and I would be doing the greater community a disservice by encouraging you to continue.

Crisp, Mitchell, Howe, Hill, Frampton, WHE, Lipinski, Cameron.

This is going to be my only reply because your takes are straight up terrible and I would be doing the greater community a disservice by encouraging you to continue.
And we’d have struggled without JDG. Not saying don’t trade. I’m saying don’t sell the farm.

Crisp came as steak knives with pick 5 for Beams. Pick 5 was JDG. All of the rest cost us absolutely nothing at the trade table.

Before you start giving lip, have a think and get some perspective.

And we’d have struggled without JDG. Not saying don’t trade. I’m saying don’t sell the farm.

Crisp came as steak knives with pick 5 for Beams. Pick 5 was JDG. All of the rest cost us absolutely nothing at the trade table.

Before you start giving lip, have a think and get some perspective.
And Jordy by far the best of them all. Don’t make it or win the flag without him.

Anyway we can go with Stringers 50 games of maybe good or bad or we can select a player in the second round of a strong draft (sure second rounders average the same amount of games that Stringer will give us but it's a strong draft). I'm not a Stringer fan and the club doesn't appear to be that interested but if we do try to pick him up I hope it's for a later pick.
It would be in a similar to vein to the T. Mitchell trade. Probably better because Stringer is OOC and he's made it clear that he's played his last game for them.

I do know. We are in no way interested in Stringer, and for good reason. He’s a bad egg.
Woah, steady on there chap, no need for that sort of language!

I do know. We are in no way interested in Stringer, and for good reason. He’s a bad egg.
I don't know that I'd go that far. Maybe a little cracked, or slightely scrambled; but a "bad egg"?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back