List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not keen for Henry to leave but if he goes I won't be surprised. He's always struck me as someone whose been drafted by his 5th or 6th choice. Most young blokes are just stoked to be picked up but even when playing seniors his enthusiasm hasn't knocked me over.

Barry wanted to live in Melbourne after a long career in Sydney. He went into pre season draft which was big back then with a price on his head to get to Carlton. Carlton with their first pick did not taken him and to the surprise of Mitchell and the Blues we took him before their second pick. He was only with us a year and then went to Carlton where he wanted to be.
Yeah was a bust for (fairly sure) a Million $?

I'm not keen for Henry to leave but if he goes I won't be surprised. He's always struck me as someone whose been drafted by his 5th or 6th choice. Most young blokes are just stoked to be picked up but even when playing seniors his enthusiasm hasn't knocked me over.
Seemed pretty invested on Sunday

The only players in the league who averaged over 5 clearances per game that we are a chance at (or to keep) are:

Shiel - 6.1 clearances
Grundy - 5.5
Mathieson - 5.3
Adams - 5.2
Mitchell & Omera - 5.1

Hopper at 4.7 & Crouch at 4.4.

It’s not really crazy to see why we lose clearances when Adams & Grundy both don’t play.

Can someone please explain to me why we would have any interest in Tom Mitchell? A plodder who kicks helicopters, hardly ever looks where he’s kicking. I would be ropable with list management if they went down this path.

it seems we can’t afford Taranto, so we should be looking for another young mid in the 22-23 year old bracket, I hope this is what they are doing. Apparently Tanner Bruhn is a lock for the cats according to the media.

The only players in the league who averaged over 5 clearances per game that we are a chance at (or to keep) are:

Shiel - 6.1 clearances
Grundy - 5.5
Mathieson - 5.3
Adams - 5.2
Mitchell & Omera - 5.1

Hopper at 4.7 & Crouch at 4.4.

It’s not really crazy to see why we lose clearances when Adams & Grundy both don’t play.
Lose clearances but win matches , another peculiar stat anomaly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Those close to dealings maintain the Pies won’t be holding out for a king’s ransom at the trade table either."

Geez. We lose our best ruckman, pay 300k of his salary for years and get bugger all in return? I hope we're getting a top midfielder with the freed up salary not bloody McStay!
If true, we are the worst traders in the AFL, always giving everything away and receiving bugger-all in exchange.

I hope we're in Harry McKay's ear to join us next year.

Boy oh boy wow wee

As discussed with Will Hoskin Elliot.. talked with him for 20 mins after training last Friday.. still connected with Giants players.. Bobby Hill and Taranto are keen on Pies.. said Bruhn is keen but looking at others.

As noted .. I met WHE when he was playing with Giants and said it would be great 👍 for you to become a Pie this trade period and he did.. we have this as a running joke between us both

Take the mail as mail ..

Boy oh boy wow wee

As discussed with Will Hoskin Elliot.. talked with him for 20 mins after training last Friday.. still connected with Giants players.. Bobby Hill and Taranto are keen on Pies.. said Bruhn is keen but looking at others.

As noted .. I met WHE when he was playing with Giants and said it would be great 👍 for you to become a Pie this trade period and he did.. we have this as a running joke between us both

Take the mail as mail ..

This can't be real? lol

He’s now failed at 2 Clubs, so why are you confident he can make it with us.
Isn’t Fiorini a better option ?
Charlie Constable is 23 and Fiorini is 25. Constable couldn't get a game at the Cats at age 22 because their midfield runs deep and they were mainly playing the older players. Clarke also couldn't get a game at the Cats and he's doing really well at Freo. Not sure why Constable hasnt had much game time at the Suns. Injury perhaps or was it attitude? Either way, the Suns have an extended list and probably only saw Constable as back up. Not sure its a fail at Geelong, and dont know what happened with the Suns. With regards to Fiorini, i haven't seen him play so cant make a judgement on him. My guess is Fiorini wont be as cheap as Constable, as Fiorini is contracted until end of 2023.

Very disappointing result if Taranto picks Richmond, and sets us up for a 2023 with a not good enough midfield to compete while we have so many players 28+ in the twilight of their peak.
We’ll go back to back.

You gave TradeDraft a laugh but the article makes a lot of sense. McStay is not a required player, nor is he worth the money or length of contact reported to be offered to him. We would most likely be repeating the Chris Mayne error, overpaying someone we don't really need or have a spot for, and should be concentrating our drafting efforts elsewhere. It beggars belief that we can perform so well on field but, even with Wright at the helm, continue to recruit very ordinary players on rather high salaries. Picking up a 28 year old who has no more ceiling on a 5 year contract is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back