List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm tipping we say thanks but no thanks, and we're going to the draft...

I hope they find a deal and get Houston. Picks in the teens are a lottery and by the time he develops Pendles is retired.

Lets get a very good player now and try to win in '25.

Leppa said they also want to get into the first round of the draft, so imagine thats where pick 23 comes in.

I odn't understand how Gold Coast don't see Noble as worth pick 23

If Rioli is worth pick 6, then Noble is 100% worth 23

I hope they find a deal and get Houston. Picks in the teens are a lottery and by the time he develops Pendles is retired.

Lets get a very good player now and try to win in '25.
I'm on the wrong side of 70 and want to see another flag. Houston could help us get one in 2025. Get the deal done, pleeeeeeeeease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will but hes going to try and squeeze everything he can out of them first rather than take the first offer. I like this trade period with some backbone kind of stuff
Leppa has a couple things in his favour here:
1) both Port and Suns want something from us, Port also want something from Suns who want a good return from Port. The deal for Houston is intertwined with others and it's unlikely it gets separated.

2) even though Houston did not nominate a club, we are the only ones who have made a serious play for him. In my view this puts us in a stronger position than if he had nominated. There's been an "open" process and Port did not get better offers than ours. The way Carlton have played it to this point means there's a very good chance we can keep pick 23.

I must admit Leppitsch didn't fill me with much confidence in actually been able to get the Houston deal done.
Sounds like if it gets to complicated and requires too much in picks etc we're willing to pull out.
Leppa being confident the other day got all the journo's in a fluster, so perhaps he's just playing it cool today & keeping his cards closer to his chest.

I think Carlton are right back in it. They should be because he is exactly what they need.
Do Carlton have the cap space?

Anyway, I am interested to see if Port are asking too much for Houston, and if sun's not giving us what we want for noble, whether we keep Noble and re-sign Richards. Richards would obviously have to agree and Noble have to be happy to stay.

The chance Carlton just don’t have the cap space for Houston and are being used to ensure we pay a higher price feels likely to me
I think you’re probably right tbh. I’d wager that if anyone had been willing to take Kennedy and Owies off their hands they might have had the room, but with the lack of interest there’s probably just not enough room in their cap to add Houston right now.

If you’re the Swans; (19 + 21) > (14).
It’s been reported they offered those picks for 13, so not sure a 1 pick difference would change their minds that much?

I think you’re probably right tbh. I’d wager that if anyone had been willing to take Kennedy and Owies off their hands they might have had the room, but with the lack of interest there’s probably just not enough room in their cap to add Houston right now.
I think Owies is out of contract so he likely doesnt really impact their cap, i think they just want rid of the spud

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back