List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

True. They definitely need someone to properly support Cripps, and it ain't Walsh.
Yeah, Walsh isnt an inside mid. I view him as a better winger. His best was his first few years; kinda has declined a bit since. And with cripps getting toward the wrong side of 30, they need some more talent young mids to take the mantle.

Cerra isn't the answer either.

Pick 3 for 12+14 may not be as crazy as it sounds. West Coast could send 14 to Richmond to get Baker, and then use 12 in the draft on the top WA prospect in Bo Allan (if they think he'll be available at that pick).

If so that will be a massive coup for the Blues, whether it's O'Sullivan they want or one of the other top mids.

A caller to trade radio last Friday floated an interesting idea to remove the issue of FA compensation which would also make points more relevant in general. The gist of it was instead of a pick getting sent back you get DVI points so Battle might have been worth 1600 and St Kilda could offer 1300 for pick 13 and bank the rest to use on an NGA or FS of their own later down the line. At the very worst it would have removed 3 picks from the 1st Rd and I suspect that we’ve only scratched the surface of academies impacting the draft…
I like the left-field thinking from the caller but Trade Radio is entirely the wrong medium to float it. The few hosts on there who would understand that idea and be keen to discuss it would be under strict orders from the producers to not get bogged down in the detail so it can be clipped up into soundbites or tweets and they can quickly go to an ad break.

We really need a proper outlet in footy media to have some of those more cerebral discussions.

A caller to trade radio last Friday floated an interesting idea to remove the issue of FA compensation which would also make points more relevant in general. The gist of it was instead of a pick getting sent back you get DVI points so Battle might have been worth 1600 and St Kilda could offer 1300 for pick 13 and bank the rest to use on an NGA or FS of their own later down the line. At the very worst it would have removed 3 picks from the 1st Rd and I suspect that we’ve only scratched the surface of academies impacting the draft…
I remember that call and also think it's a great idea. Stops punishing everyone else when there's a FA compo.

Just hand me some rope with a noose. I've had it re.
So much negativety here FFS.
Stop listening to trade radio you idjuts. Stop posting that crap here.
Settle down and wait.
Now, now, J, you know you're not the noose type.

(Have you got any big pieces of lumber, nails & a hammer there?).

Just hand me some rope with a noose. I've had it re.
So much negativety here FFS.
Stop listening to trade radio you idjuts. Stop posting that crap here.
Settle down and wait.
This thread reminds me of one of my favourite Talking Heads songs appropriately titled Crosseyed and Painless:
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Still waiting, still waiting, still waiting, still waiting

Actually from a points system it works.
Pick 3 - 2234
Picks 12+14 = 2429

Which is why I want Collingwood to get 19 and 22 from Sydney and get 23 and 29(swap 36 ) from GC.
With the later picks we have and using the points system we can improve our hand to 15,18,23,29

This is why I am so annoyed at us trying to make 13 work.
Points are useless unless you have an academy/fs selection. Never go full points value, some will laugh at you.

GC will find a way to make a deal because Hardwick wants this Noble - speed and run out of the backline has been identified as an area they need strengthen, in particular with Weller suffering his second ACL injury mid year. They have openly admitted this.
Don't think they are going to finish the trade period and not get the players he has specifically asked for. Our demands may be overs but they are not outrageous.
I'm a big fan of Noble. Happy if he stays. But Rioli covers that well, and whilst they would obviously want two, they could cope without him. I have no problem with us asking for as such, but there's not any club in the land that would say Noble is worth a pick in the teens. Utilising him in a Houston trade would be perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 3 for 12+14 may not be as crazy as it sounds. West Coast could send 14 to Richmond to get Baker, and then use 12 in the draft on the top WA prospect in Bo Allan (if they think he'll be available at that pick).

If so that will be a massive coup for the Blues, whether it's O'Sullivan they want or one of the other top mids.
I think what clubs know, and we don't is what the picks likely mean in terms of players. It's like how people think North would be insane to offer their first next year for picks this year. For all we know, there might be 20 players this year who would go top 5 any other year.

This is probably pretty stupid, but I think we need to cut several players off our list for next year?

But I wonder why they don’t make the decision earlier, just for example say Ash Johnson, Finn and say Reef ( I hope not him!) … but may one or a couple of them not have some trade value eg a possible second or third rounder.

Richmond have lots of picks and may be interested in those types of guys??

Given we’re so close with GC and Port with the deal to get Houston in, may not those potential extra picks be a possible sweetener to get that deal over the line?

Maybe the answer is it will depend who we get in, before we best know who becomes the appropriate one to go out, but any other reasons?

They decided with Begg so early, so why not others?

This is probably pretty stupid, but I think we need to cut several players off our list for next year?

But I wonder why they don’t make the decision earlier, just for example say Ash Johnson, Finn and say Reef ( I hope not him!) … but may one or a couple of them not have some trade value eg a possible second or third rounder.

Given we’re so close with GC and Port with the deal to get Houston in, may not those potential extra picks be a possible sweetener to get that deal over the line?

Maybe the answer is it will depend who we get in, before we best know who becomes the appropriate one to go out, but any other reasons?

It will depend who we get in before we best know who becomes the appropriate one to go out.

This thread reminds me of one of my favourite Talking Heads songs appropriately titled Crosseyed and Painless:
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things

“Letting the days go by” waiting for a trade to happen”letting the days go by”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So sounds like Carlton totally out of the race for Houston now? Or any chance they are bluffing with these pick charrades with Eagles ? Does sound to me like they legit have dropped Houston and are gunning for pick 3.

In which case, North the only other suitor? They are possibly on the improve from here but surely Houston o wants the chance To win a flag.

Thanks Jen

So, in that case, it does come at a cost then not knowing what type of players we’re aiming to draft.

Obviously you can’t know exactly and often it’s simply opportunistic.

But on the other hand, if for example we lose out on getting Houston because we didn’t throw in say pick 38, that we may have got for Reef or Ash, that’s the cost I guess.

Swings and roundabouts

I don't mind if Carlton want to put all their eggs in the one basket.

For pick 3 they would have effectively traded 12, 34 and a F1 to get it and if he comes up Toumpas rather than Sheezel it would be delicious.

If this draft is as strong in the 1st round as they claim I'd rather 2 swings.

Their value will be very low, as in pick in the 50+. I think Reef would be a chance as a delisted free agent over summer, or maybe a very late pick, and Macrae a pick or he just stays for the contract year. Given that Richmond will be loading up, I can't see them being interested, they will already have a lot of young players and elite talent to blood. Maybe someone will take a chance at Reef, I think he's shown enough but clubs will know we've continually dropped him and he's a free hit.

Feel bit sorry for Perryman as gone bit forgotten with the Houston Talks
I think he'd be just fine Dave. Probably on hols somewhere exotic.

He's going to have plenty of attention & pressure on him next year living up to that multi million dollar contract which goes up a hundred thousand dollars everytime his name is mentioned.

I'm sure the Kane's of this world will remind us of that 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back