List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering how much hope everybody has had over the past week, not getting Houston would be seriously disappointing. But at the same time keeping Noble isn’t the worst thing, obviously he’s not as good at Houston, but we know he’s more then reliable and will help us contend next year.

Would feel for Noble if he doesn’t get to GC, but he’s contracted so we have more than a right to keep him.

Considering how much hope everybody has had over the past week, not getting Houston would be seriously disappointing. But at the same time keeping Noble isn’t the worst thing, obviously he’s not as good at Houston, but we know he’s more then reliable and will help us contend next year.

Would feel for Noble if he doesn’t get to GC, but he’s contracted so we have more than a right to keep him.
We have to trade Noble. Get pick 23 or 29.
Give Reef a go half back.

GC decision comes down to
Do they want to improve their draft hand with the best offer for 13 - continuing to stockpile young talent or
Do they want specific players who will help them move up the ladder
Remember Hardwick claimed 80% of what he needed was there already - he has told them what the 20% extra that he needs is and they targeted Rioli and Noble
I would be shocked if they trade 13 to someone else and risk the deal falling over

Noble is contracted for 2 more seasons, there are other clubs we can trade with to try to get draft capital to satisfy any Houston trade. Do not like the idea of one club dictating everything. By taking noble off the table we can force gc to avoid other offers and accept ours. You would have to consider playing that card if GC continue to waste time
Or continue negotiations knowing what is exactly going on in them rather than being informed by biased/idiotic media for clickbaits.
Or get jumpy because things aren’t going to your liking. Okay.
Still glad you’re not Leppa.

Anyone who thinks that Wright is going to come in on his first day as Brian Cooks assistant, and immediately interfere in the footy department strategy (which even the actual CEO shouldn’t be doing), needs to get their head checked.
Media is using Wright starting today as bait and they’re hooking people left right and centre it seems.

Either way we should look to trade out F1 and get into the First round this year . Safe to assume that next year's draft pool won't have the talent depth that this year's has.
Freo is the only club with a pick they may be willing to trade (pick 11) if they can't get Baker.
They could use our F1 to make a play for Warner next season.

I'm assuming we have been talking to Freo, rather than dealing exclusively with GC on pick 13

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton were always interested in Houston
They’ve just been giving diversionary breadcrumbs to media

Fact remains tho

13 plus Richards is still better than 12 or 14

Only issue is if Wright does a Schultz and sells the farm
Possibly this but I’d say the foundations of the deal are in place already. Have been for a while I suspect.

Possibly this but I’d say the foundations of the deal are in place already. Have been for a while I suspect.
Course they have. Look at what else is happening? **** all. Without this trade to cup each others balls over the journos would have hardly any content so its been drawn out deliberately

Either way we should look to trade out F1 and get into the First round this year . Safe to assume that next year's draft pool won't have the talent depth that this year's has.

Why?

Next year we need McGuane

This year what would be do with a Top 20/30 pick?

Why are people assuming we'd do anything reasonable with a Top 20 pick this year? Again, Hine's recent (as in the last decade) with first round picks that aren't Father/Sons or Next Gen Academy players is not very good. At all.

If we don't get Houston then keep Noble and try and keep Richards

But I reckon we'd be silly not to go all out for Houston given what will be transpiring in next year's trade and draft period

Anyone who thinks that Wright is going to come in on his first day as Brian Cooks assistant, and immediately interfere in the footy department strategy (which even the actual CEO shouldn’t be doing), needs to get their head checked.
Media is using Wright starting today as bait and they’re hooking people left right and centre it seems.

100% was going to come on to post the exact same. Don’t get sucked in people.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why do we have to trade him? He has a 2 year contract to see out.
Sorry GC, you can't be f wits and still expect something from us. Sorry Johnny but you will have to see out your contract with us...
Noble wont get any better. He'll be 28 next season and his value has never been higher than now.
We may as well keep building and give an opportunity to Ryan, Parker, Reef etc off half back.

To think we are in competition with North over pick 13 does not look good for us. Yes Suns want Noble but why would you not take a North future 1st.
North aren't gonna be crap forever you'd think, and North need established players

Just the fact that they haven't even considered their offer yet makes this even more confusing

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back