List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

We picked McCreery in the 40s after Poulter and McMahon and we picked Harrison in the 50s after Draper and Murley so it really isn’t something to be concerned about at the moment.
36 pushes out. The 50s picks come in and at that range the likelihood of getting a player is very similar regardless if they're 10 picks apart.

Deadset can't believe we will land Houston.

He is going be awesome next year and better yet no more Darcy Moore kick ins.

Can you explain how we would disappear considering the majority of our 22 outside of Pendles, Sidey and Howe are mostly 29 and younger?
I’ve explained it a few times, lots of experience is going to retire after 2025, our up and coming talent is thin at best, tassie is coming in, our forward line is aging. If we can pull off one more premiership next season, beautiful, but we won’t be contending after next year and I will be happy to eat my words if we do though. Not looking great. Next year is the year

So as it stands, we have turned Noble, Richards (the 9 gamer with some promise) and pick 36 ( who knows what that could have been) into Dan Houston for the next 6 years and 58?

By the way and as I understand we came late to the party as he was Melbourne or Carlton bound…

Red Roses Omg GIF by Studio Hamburg Serienwerft GmbH

At the end of the day we’ve lost 2 VFL players and replaced them with an AA player.

Next years first rounder was hopefully worth nothing to us anyway.

But Port getting 29 and 36 and us effectively giving up Noble for nothing is disappointing, but not worth losing an AA over.

Frightening to think we could’ve missed out on RamBeau.
The crazy thing is that we were tossing up between Beau and Phoenix Spicer. Norf swooped on Spicer (traded up for him iirc) after learning about our interest in him. Beau is now a premiership player and Spicer is out of the system already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 23-29 age group will now stand at

Beau - 23
Bobby, IQ - 24
Perryman, Jaicos - 25
Schultz, Lipinski - 26
Houston - 27
Maynard, JDG, Moore -28
DC, McStay - 29

Add in Nick at 21, Allan at 20, Harrison at 20 plus McGuane next year

That's 14 of our best players in the perfect age bracket, plus Allan and McGuane who we are super excited about, and our older guys

Crisp, Titch, Mihocek, Elliott (32) who are all 31

21 guys who should be with us for at least the next 3-5 years, and untried guys like Jiath and Demattia at 19, am I one of the only ones who think we are in a REALLY good spot moving forward? With opening $ space, no reason we can't top up and try poach guys like LDU/Trac and potentially some KPP depth.
Im with you. You hit the draft to try to get a Nick Daicos. We've got one already. Just keep loading up around him.

Wouldn’t you if you played every game then got shafted come gf time
Not the point. That's done & dusted.

He's a professional & still gave his usual 110% this year. And he would have again next year if this trade didn't get done.

The reality is he wants to move to GC to be closer to family.

And if this trade gets facilitated, we get an upgrade with Houston... that's a win/win for everyone involved.

Disagree. This move keeps us in it in 2025-27

We haven't just replaced 2023 Pendles and Sidey, we've just upgraded them.

And it's not just WHE and Checkers getting two years older. It's also Nick, Hill, McCreery, Josh, IQ.

We're going to need to poach a forward soon with our two best in Elliott and Checkers getting on. But Im not sure why people think we wont be able to.
This 100%.

The majority view on here after the 2021 season was very negative, but a few of us knew we had a strong core that made a granny a couple years earlier, and we just needed to fill in the gaps with smart trading. 5/23 of our premiership winning side were recruited 2022 onwards, plus McStay who helped us get there, but didn't play. Yes there's been some shocker trades and draft recruits over the last few years, and yes what we're doing now may hurt in a few years time, but if can get our hands on another premiership (or 2 🤞) it's all worth it.

Good trade period, a nice long break, a full preseason, the hunger will be back next year and I'm very bullish.

Deadset can't believe we will land Houston.

He is going be awesome next year and better yet no more Darcy Moore kick ins.

No more Howe or Moore kick ins and no longer need to throw Nick or Josh at half back

Seems too much... shocked we give the pick in the 30s up and effectively take ourselves out of this year's draft.
Nah it’s still a good trade, just not the bargain it could have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back