List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s the entire point though, this is big picture stuff. If you cut the positive things we’ve been able to do in our recruiting out then of course you’re going to find it disappointing.
Pretending Perryman constitutes part of the picture with respect to our uses for draft capital is disingenuous.

If we land Houston at the mooted cost per the deal hypothesised yesterday we’ve done well out of it this year. It doesn’t make the absolute shitshow of our dealings last year any better. Trying to lump the Perryman freebie in to make our 2023 off season decision making look better is misleading.

So the blues gave up Pick 12, a future 1, a future 2 and Owies for Pick 3 and Pick 60something ? Lot of pressure on whoever they pick at 3 especially if they do badly next year
I just can’t understand why they’d be so intent on putting their eggs in one basket in such an even draft.
Last time they had two mid first round picks they got Curnow and McKay. Last time they had pick 3 they got Paddy Dow.
They could have obtained Houston for less than they’ve paid for pick 3. It’s a really strange move in my book.

I think he was being critical of the Blues...........not us.
Yeah I get it, but Carlton are supposed to be a top 4 contender and was top 4 premiership candidate last season... and now they have a top 5 pick.

Pies can take a season off, rest Naicos every second game and tank for a top 5 pick if there is a real can't miss stud.

Tanking is unfortunately a strategy, even for teams that don't need it.

The media used to report on and analyse trades. Now they’re blatantly trying to influence/sink them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know, and media types like Edmund, Maher, Korn, Lyon never say they're barracking, yet you have Kane Cornes texting people at Port Adelaide to basically refuse the trade....🤣🤣🤣

I just can’t understand why they’d be so intent on putting their eggs in one basket in such an even draft.
Last time they had two mid first round picks they got Curnow and McKay. Last time they had pick 3 they got Paddy Dow.
They could have obtained Houston for less than they’ve paid for pick 3. It’s a really strange move in my book.
Will be so funny if they draft a spud

Carlton have sold the farm for pick 3. Would want to get the pick right
Finn O'Sullivan the likely get - wonder if he is any relation to Carlton great Luke O'Sullivan. 10 years on their list for 62 games. Kept his spot through some tough times on the back of being hilarious and a party animal who was good for team morale.

His greatest achievement was turning up at Tullamarine for an end of season trip with his hair permed. Just for the laughs.

Pretending Perryman constitutes part of the picture with respect to our uses for draft capital is disingenuous.

If we land Houston at the mooted cost per the deal hypothesised yesterday we’ve done well out of it this year. It doesn’t make the absolute shitshow of our dealings last year any better. Trying to lump the Perryman freebie in to make our 2023 off season decision making look better is misleading.
The OP was an overview of our entire recruiting cost vs obtained in the last couple of years, not specifically draft capital. If you want to turn it in to something it’s not that’s your prerogative, but let’s not pretend that free agents don’t count as a part of off season decision making.

What's up with the astronomical number of people who are forgetting that Richards is out of contract?
Nope hadn't forgot that. But we did offer him a contract. Presumably if he isn't traded he could walk to Port via the draft if he were nominated with another club potentially picking him up.

I would have thought a more attractive option would be to stay with the club who gave you the opportunity and has offered a contract as opposed to running the gauntlet of the draft.

I know, and media types like Edmund, Maher, Korn, Lyon never say they're barracking, yet you have Kane Cornes texting people at Port Adelaide to basically refuse the trade....🤣🤣🤣
It's not just US mainstream media or Australian media who have conflict of interest with corporations or political sides they support (vice versa)... sporting media also affected.

Thought it was just ESPN with Lakers and LeBron, now it's AFL with the plethora of ex players leading their media entities with biases to and against AFL teams. If it was just on field bias... fair enough... but trades and transactions? Where managers and officials are paid for... these ex players are walking talking conflict of interests. Investigations need to happen.

This is looking like mishandling by Port. Seems their list manager came to an agreement but was overruled. I do think it's ridiculous that Suns aren't including pick 23. Should always have been there. Their Rioli offer is extremely bad. Still time to get this done, but don't see how it's possible without the Suns helping us out.
Could it be that there’s an error from Ports side? Maybe offering too much and getting not much back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston clearly does not want to go to North. I think, although unannounced, he wants to come to the pies. Port have asked him to keep his powder dry so they can get the best deal. They have now renegged and shat all over him. If I was Houston, I would tell them if they don't do the trade with CFC then I'm sticking to my contract. BUT I am moving to Melbourne and training on my own..See you on match day.
Reports saying Houston wants to play for us.

It's not just US mainstream media or Australian media who have conflict of interest with corporations or political sides they support (vice versa)... sporting media also affected.

Thought it was just ESPN with Lakers and LeBron, now it's AFL with the plethora of ex players leading their media entities with biases to and against AFL teams. If it was just on field bias... fair enough... but trades and transactions? Where managers and officials are paid for... these ex players are walking talking conflict of interests. Investigations need to happen.
Should but won’t

I've got the welcome to collingwood Dan houston thread ready to go. Just have to push the button.
Sorry, in case that happens, Dave has already started one and ready to go at a click.

The OP was an overview of our entire recruiting cost vs obtained in the last couple of years, not specifically draft capital. If you want to turn it in to something it’s not that’s your prerogative, but let’s not pretend that free agents don’t count as a part of off season decision making.
Except it absolutely isn’t, otherwise it would be encompassing the Ginnivan deal along with the draftees taken and any other selections along the way.

It’s cherry-picked.

I have no issue taking the holistic picture but the post I quoted was absolutely not doing that.

For the outgoings that the OP had put for discussion, Perryman is not a linked acquisition. He shouldn’t be lumped in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back