List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Sullivan and long survive
So far

Have a feeling Houston is a part of the reason Sullivan survived

Long I'm perfectly fine with giving another chance. He's only 21 and showed enough

Ralph = biggest loser in history.
The end

Are you sure about that count?

I've got us at 33 senior listed players now, and 5 rookies. If we add Membrey as a DFA, that would bring us up to 34, which means to have three list spots at the draft, we'd only need to delist and re-rookie one, and then we'd get to the minimum of 36 on the senior list with three draft picks.

Reef would seem like the obvious candidate for delisting and rookie listing.
AJ I would think. And hope someone else takes him before us

Sullivan and Long are very lucky.

Reef has so much potential he just needs to stop being played as a KPF.
Play him as a smaller player even though he’s tall
Either as midfielder or half back even to begin with

Sully can be but Need a Long Type as In and Under Mid that we don't have many of and Long played fair bit at end of the Season

Are you sure about that count?

I've got us at 33 senior listed players now, and 5 rookies. If we add Membrey as a DFA, that would bring us up to 34, which means to have three list spots at the draft, we'd only need to delist and re-rookie one, and then we'd get to the minimum of 36 on the senior list with three draft picks.

Reef would seem like the obvious candidate for delisting and rookie listing.
Can't bring in Membrey as DFA until after the draft so if your numbers are right(I haven't looked), no need for further delisting.

AJ I would think. And hope someone else takes him before us
They won't.

Depends on how tight our salary cap is now. It definitely costs more to do this with a contracted player than to just rookie list someone uncontracted because you're then paying them rookie wages.

As I missed Steene's promotion, there'll need to be two, and there's probably a few candidates - AJ and Reef, as mentioned, but a bunch of guys I'd doubt we'd be concerned about anyone snaking: Billy Frampton, Fin Macrae, Jakob Ryan, Oleg Markov.

How these "professionals" struggle to contain their biases is absolutely baffling

"Richmond got all these picks Collingwood suck lol"

Mate...please show me where it's carved in stone that Top draft pick are guaranteed to be superstar players? Because as a Collingwood supporter our history would suggest otherwise

Did Jon bother to think about how Richmond will keep all these kids if they all become stars?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised AJ didn't get the flick. Has been on the list 4, 5 years now? That's plenty of opportunity to show something... which he hasn't. Is he contracted?

How these "professionals" struggle to contain their biases is absolutely baffling

Mate...please show me where it's carved in stone that Top draft pick are guaranteed to be superstar players? Because as a Collingwood supporter our history would suggest otherwise

Did Jon bother to think about how Richmond will keep all these kids if they all become stars?

Richmond and Collingwood where Winners but for 2 Different Reasons

Houston wanted Sullivan retained because they know each other from junior footy ?

I didn't say that

I'm just saying that his relationship with Houston probably played a part in him surviving.

I personally would argue Bytel was actually better than Sullivan (neither were actually overly good) so I can only assume Houston's survival helped save him

Surprised AJ didn't get the flick. Has been on the list 4, 5 years now? That's plenty of opportunity to show something... which he hasn't. Is he contracted?
Yeah contracted, but he could be one we delist and rookie

The last time they had this many picks was the Buddy draft. They had six ( four in the Top 20) and while the Hawks got Buddy, Roughead and Lewis, they got Deledio, Tambling, Pattison, Meyer, Polo and Luke McGuane. Only Lids had a successful career, Tambling serviceable, the rest were all gone within a few seasons.

The best top 10 pick they’ve had since Dusty is Vlaustin

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back