List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

How these "professionals" struggle to contain their biases is absolutely baffling

"Richmond got all these picks Collingwood suck lol"

Mate...please show me where it's carved in stone that Top draft pick are guaranteed to be superstar players? Because as a Collingwood supporter our history would suggest otherwise

Did Jon bother to think about how Richmond will keep all these kids if they all become stars?
Dean Polo, Richard Tambling, J Oakley Nicholls

Dean Polo, Richard Tambling, J Oakley Nicholls

To be fair those are quite old lol

I think the strike rate on Top 10 picks is far better than it's ever been, but it's still not a guarantee. Let alone anything outside the Top 10

There are so many ways this can go wrong for Richmond:

1) All those kids turn out not great
2) All of them turn out great but they can't keep them all under the cap
3) They turn out great but want to leave after playing in a garbage team for their first 3 years

Whether you like our "players not picks" strategy or not, we objectively strengthened our list. One of the players we did that with was a player who was unanimously agreed to be the best player available in the trade period

Membrey must be a lock with Kruegs gone
I Guess The Breakfast Club GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Dwayne gets it. All these other dipsticks talking down our future. 2025 is the future. Coming off a premiership & then just missing the 8, why wouldn't we be going for another premiership next year? Isn't that what you should be aiming for unless you're going through a complete rebuild like Tigers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair those are quite old lol

I think the strike rate on Top 10 picks is far better than it's ever been, but it's still not a guarantee. Let alone anything outside the Top 10

There are so many ways this can go wrong for Richmond:

1) All those kids turn out not great
2) All of them turn out great but they can't keep them all under the cap
3) They turn out great but want to leave after playing in a garbage team for their first 3 years

Whether you like our "players not picks" strategy or not, we objectively strengthened our list. One of the players we did that with was a player who was unanimously agreed to be the best player available in the trade period
Yeah… I was just taking the Pi55.
At the very least, if they all become good they will be good trade able assets for the future.
The challenge is devoting the resources for all of them at the same time to meet each of their individual development needs over the next four or five years while bringing in new draftees over this time.

Dwayne gets it. All these other dipsticks talking down our future. 2025 is the future. Coming off a premiership & then just missing the 8, why wouldn't we be going for another premiership next year? Isn't that what you should be aiming for unless you're going through a complete rebuild like Tigers?
I don’t get Carlton.
They traded pick 11, F1 and F2, Owies and Kennedy for an 8 pick upgrade in an even draft and a very late second/ third rounder?

Did I miss something?

I don’t get Carlton.
They traded pick 11, F1 and F2, Owies and Kennedy for an 8 pick upgrade in an even draft and a very late second/ third rounder?

Did I miss something?
This number 3 pick has all the pressure in the world on him. I hope they stuff it up royally. One things for certain, we'll be making comparisons to Nicks first and second years and if he doesn't compare they'll be coping it

I absolutely love what Richmond has done for the 17 other clubs in the AFL.

Looking forward to a result similar to 2004:

1. Deledio
4. Tambling
12. Meyer
16. Pattison
20. Polo

Notable misses by the Tigers in the top 10:

Jarryd Roughead
Lance Franklin
Jordan Lewis
Chris Egan

Liked for including Chris Egan as a miss. Maximum mirth points.

I'd do that with him rather than Reef, because Reef has a touch more of a chance to make it - so you don't want him to come on and then be a UFA down the track. A small risk.

Good point Swipey!

How these "professionals" struggle to contain their biases is absolutely baffling

"Richmond got all these picks Collingwood suck lol"

Mate...please show me where it's carved in stone that Top draft pick are guaranteed to be superstar players? Because as a Collingwood supporter our history would suggest otherwise

Did Jon bother to think about how Richmond will keep all these kids if they all become stars?

That is the problem - very rarely are these things revisited.

It seems now a days their are premierships awarded for a teams presence in the national draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back