List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

All this talk of trading JDG is nonsense.
He’s still in our top 5 players at the club. Is still 28yrs old too at the moment.

He’s one of two or three genuine match winners we have to boot in terms of being able to change, dominate and swing a game off his own boot.

The other side of the coin is…to get a player of his quality back into the club will also cost us more to outlay than what we are already paying him to have here.

He’s very much a required player, it’s been unfortunate he has battled OP which has caused other injuries due to his inability to train week to week —we just need to spend the summer getting this right and he will return to his best next season in a much healthier state.

Sport Soccer GIF by Real Madrid

And most of that slowness is in our MIDS, Howe et al are on the end of it and they're the ones made look silly but it starts and rolls through our MIDS. That's where we need the speed, Bruz, IQ, Nobes or Markov, Darce....these aren't slow defenders (nor incidentally is Howe, he's never lost his agility).
Just having Beau back last week made a huge difference to our look because he covers so much of our midfield defence. But to say Howe needs to be shoved out because he's old and slow...well that's just a plain misnomer. Any defender will look slow and second to the ball if their mids let them down and that's what's been happening so much this year. Titch's absence and his defensive traits have been missed and JDG's ability to burst forward has been missing all year.

Get more speed and responsibility in our mids (and defensive forwards) and you'll go a long way to fixing our transition woes, and take the onus off our defenders to hold up the team all the time.

I think Howes running ability is underestimated. he's a very good athlete.

Personally I think Lukosius will end his career as an untapped talent. Seems content to float through his career playing on his terms and isn’t the dominant strong contested marking key forward we need.

I’m hope we steer clear. Particularly if the price is a future first. Which could very easily be a top 5 pick with our list demographics.
Jack Lukosius was omitted this week too. It’s only one game but he could be falling out of favour. Let’s see.

DGB was a star at U18’s state level for WA. He just did not come on at Hawks.
As a talented player prior to draft, surely he hasn’t forgotten how to play footy. He was a strong mark and read the play well as an intercepting key backman.
For a low pick, he may be worth a go.
That's the thing for me, he has talent and talls always take a long time to develop. If the Hawks were to delist him he wouldn't cost anything as a DFA.

Interesting that Lukosius has been dropped.
He's a huge talent - maybe he's already out the door?
Hardwick's comments after their loss to WC suggests there will be changes.
I'd have him in a heartbeat.

If we pay him the average wage, why not bring him in for 2 or 3 years.
He has been out twice this year with hamstring issues scarring). He was out for 5 weeks with the last one in June. He also has had similar issues with his ankle which he has had to manage. I like him but get Daniel Wells vibes about him

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk of trading JDG is nonsense.
He’s still in our top 5 players at the club. Is still 28yrs old too at the moment.

He’s one of two or three genuine match winners we have to boot in terms of being able to change, dominate and swing a game off his own boot.

The other side of the coin is…to get a player of his quality back into the club will also cost us more to outlay than what we are already paying him to have here.

He’s very much a required player, it’s been unfortunate he has battled OP which has caused other injuries due to his inability to train week to week —we just need to spend the summer getting this right and he will return to his best next season in a much healthier state.
Bar Naicos JDG is the most vital player on our list. However, over the past 8 years he has missed on average 6.5 games per season.

And most of that slowness is in our MIDS, Howe et al are on the end of it and they're the ones made look silly but it starts and rolls through our MIDS. That's where we need the speed, Bruz, IQ, Nobes or Markov, Darce....these aren't slow defenders (nor incidentally is Howe, he's never lost his agility).
Just having Beau back last week made a huge difference to our look because he covers so much of our midfield defence. But to say Howe needs to be shoved out because he's old and slow...well that's just a plain misnomer. Any defender will look slow and second to the ball if their mids let them down and that's what's been happening so much this year. Titch's absence and his defensive traits have been missed and JDG's ability to burst forward has been missing all year.

Get more speed and responsibility in our mids (and defensive forwards) and you'll go a long way to fixing our transition woes, and take the onus off our defenders to hold up the team all the time.
100%

And the problem worsened because we had gotten in slow mids as midfield cover as SSP players and then they got played as flankers when some of our quick forwards were out injured.

Hope the Rayner talk gets going, hype the shit outta the bloke and bump the amount the Lions will need to pay him, if he gets anything over 850k then the Lions got fleeced
850k next year is probably the equivalent of 650k a couple of years ago when we grabbed McStay.

I’d happily pay him that much to come to Collingwood, and the Lions would happily pay that to keep him.

If Lukosius is on big money, he might be worth prying out on the cheap. It's simply inevitable that more players will fall out of the Suns as the side gets older - they won't be prioritising their third most valuable tall forward.

When I say cheap, I mean I think he might be gettable for a second if his entire contract is taken up.

I'm not convinced we can play a three tall forward line without one being able to ruck, however. We simply can't expect it of McStay nor Mihocek, and we couldn't play three talls + Cameron and Cox. So the question begs - would what we lose by playing Luko instead of Maso as second ruck be negligible with what we gain around the ground?
He has two years to go on decent coin. He is 195/196cm but plays like a flanker. I wouldn't be taking over his contract for him to play 3rd/4th tall

I'd like to see us target Lukosius. Right age profile in a position of need (KPF/KPD) with uptapped talent upside.

A potential win/win trade could be:

Pies trade: Future first, 2024 2nd round, 2x 2024 3rd rounds

Pies receive: Lukosius, GC pick 12, GC future 2nd

Based on current standings, our picks this year will match the points of GC pick 12 for their academy player Lombard whilst they get to upgrade their future 2nd for a future ~pick 8 for Lukosius. We can use 2x 2nd rounders next year to match Mcguane and maybe look to stockpile another future 2nd if we end up trading a Richards/Macrae/Reef type.
I like this. And he’s a great kick!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back