List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending on how GC want to spread their picks this is pretty much bang on! Lukocious is barely above Lachie Jones in terms of hot garbage.

A versitile 195cm player who can play forward, wing or defence but is soft is only worth a downgrade from pick 20 to pick 4?

It comes with Adelaide interested in home grown forward Jack Lukosius but with the Suns likely to ask for a first-round pick in exchange if he does decide to head to the Crows.

Adelaide made clear earlier this year its current and future first-rounders are on the table for elite talent, so the Suns might request their future first rounder.

That remains to be seen given Adelaide would suggest it is helping Gold Coast’s salary cap given Lukosius is in the second year of a four-year deal worth at least $650,000 a season.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/cf68a0ced03d26ab5f7a72395031f8d9

A versitile 195cm player who can play forward, wing or defence but is soft is only worth a downgrade from pick 20 to pick 4?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/cf68a0ced03d26ab5f7a72395031f8d9
It’s future 1st so they’d be hoping pick 10-12 in 2025 instead of pick 4. There is just no way I’m involving pick 4 in a deal for Lukocious under any circumstances.

Lukocious is also owed $2m over the next 2 seasons which is approximately $1m more than he’s worth and if he’s a valuable defender come forward why would GC entertain moving him? The reality is he’s an overpaid, flanker, who can be flaky and is on the edge of selection with a bottom 10 club.

For a player comparison in a straight swap he’s worth less than Keane, IMO, because of his salary. Take the salary component out and he’s a minor upgrade.

His face value didn't look serious to me. However, a fit Lynch would definitely give us much needed depth in the position.

I don't think it'd add much to our best 22, but it would certainly improve us over the course of the season when we're likely to have at least one of Cameron, Checkers, Lynch, Cox, McStay out at times.

I'd like it, but whether or not it is realistic probably comes down to whether we play Cox as the best we've got or whether we do really value the role's contribution in the ruck - a role that McStay looked pretty ordinary in when he played it last year - and I doubt it'd be Lynch given those ruck minutes considering his age and body.
It looked the same to every other presser to me where he acknowledged areas for us to improve while being pragmatic in acknowledging that the type of player we need is rare. The thing is on the same day he makes those comments Lynch’s name pops up on here. A fit Lynch wouldn’t add depth he’d be our best goal kicker and by a considerable margin.

I agree that it wouldn’t add much to our mix structurally because for the goal kicking gains you make you lose plenty in the ruck, but at the cost both in terms of salary and trade capital its one you consider, IMO. I’d also feel comfortable in letting the club sort out who they overlook to make room for a fit Lynch. Essentially if they’re looking at him unlike the previous regime you know they’ll have already taken that into account.

I’m pretty ambivalent to it overall because it’s not hurting us if we take that path. Again though I’d take the Wright option myself.

A fit Lynch wouldn’t add depth he’d be our best goal kicker and by a considerable margin.

I didn't mean Lynch would be depth - McStay or Cox - depending on priorities.

At this stage of their careers, Lynch is likely to be an upgrade on McStay, but not a huge one - McStay would then give us league best depth in the role. More likely though, we'd have a tall injured most weeks and his addition to the roster would make us a have a significantly better team on the park most weeks. I've come around to the idea - go for it Pies.

At this stage of their careers, Lynch is likely to be an upgrade on McStay, but not a huge one - McStay would then give us league best depth in the role. More likely though, we'd have a tall injured most weeks and his addition to the roster would make us a have a significantly better team on the park most weeks. I've come around to the idea - go for it Pies.
Lives a few blocks away from me. A few times have had to run around to get by him and his dog. Did it easily. He is very slow these days. Pass.

Lynch has played less games then McStay the past 2 years, why would we bother?
Depth. Put enough old crocks together so that we can get enough of them out on the park for games

Unlikely to get full seasons out of all of Cameron, Cox, McStay and Checkers - and WHE playing tall might be our only ready depth next year. Johnson, Krueger and Reef likely to be gone or not relevant as depth for the role.

Last edited:

Lynch is going to be 32 at the end of October this year. I'm not convinced he'd be an upgrade but seems more like an older model McStay. Provided we don't give up our first pick in the draft in a trade of some kind I'd want it used to select a player like Matt Whitlock.

It’s future 1st so they’d be hoping pick 10-12 in 2025 instead of pick 4. There is just no way I’m involving pick 4 in a deal for Lukocious under any circumstances.

Lukocious is also owed $2m over the next 2 seasons which is approximately $1m more than he’s worth and if he’s a valuable defender come forward why would GC entertain moving him? The reality is he’s an overpaid, flanker, who can be flaky and is on the edge of selection with a bottom 10 club.

For a player comparison in a straight swap he’s worth less than Keane, IMO, because of his salary. Take the salary component out and he’s a minor upgrade.
The article I linked notes he is on $650K per year.
"Lukosius is in the second year of a four-year deal worth at least $650,000 a season."
Unless it is indexed or back ended that isn't a lot.
Cal Twomey said it would take offers close to $1M to get him to leave GCS. Not that he was on $1M.

Lynch has played less games then McStay the past 2 years, why would we bother?

he is certainly in the high risk category now. if he passes a medical and Richmond are paying half his wage I'd be ok with it for 1 year and then maybe a second year on significantly less. certainly wouldn't be offering any picks before 50 for him.

I get the 'look to the future' view but the game is about winning flags and the comp is as even as its ever been. If we'd snuck into finals with our best 22 I'd back us from 8th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do we think the club's plan is for Ash Johnson? He's contracted for next year. He has great athletic attributes but as we have seen this year his competitiveness has been missing. What could we get for him if we put him on the trade table?

Would we be interested in Tim Membrey as a cheap, short term forward option?

What do we think the club's plan is for Ash Johnson? He's contracted for next year. He has great athletic attributes but as we have seen this year his competitiveness has been missing. What could we get for him if we put him on the trade table?
We'd probably get a "you keep him" in return. I can't see anyone wanting him. We might have to keep him

We won't get anything. He's contracted. I think we'll be hopng to find a club willing to take him on and if we do - they'll get him for free. Otherwise - delist and rookie.

We'll probably end up holding on to him - possibly on the rookie list? Port did apparently have a level of interest in him - though that seems to have diminished.

At the end of the day he's contracted for next year - so best case scenario he re-discovers some confidence and his best form, and worst case is a repeat of this season and he's simply delisted at the end of 2025 and we part ways.

Sadly he is the embodiment of an unfulfilled talent. He is a shadow of the player he was in late 2022.

I don’t think he’ll ever recover from the unfair barrage he received on social media earlier in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back