List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Barrass has requested a trade to Victoria. I think he'd be excellent for us. A solid full back to free up Moore.
Hawthorn. He has requested a trade to Hawthorn.

"Hawthorn is going to have to get creative to pull off its trade for West Coast defender Tom Barrass with Eagles sources declaring the club was likely to want two first round picks for the intercept defender."

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Hawthorn. He has requested a trade to Hawthorn.
I mean if I didn't know that after the last three posters quoted and responded to me i'm set now ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Hawthorn is going to have to get creative to pull off its trade for West Coast defender Tom Barrass with Eagles sources declaring the club was likely to want two first round picks for the intercept defender."

I’d be asking the same if I were them. He’s their vice captain with 3 years left. Hawks have offered him a big deal by reports. Pay up

I don't like wce but hopefully Hawks are made to pay overs.

It’s a reasonable stance if you think the Hawks are PF bound. Barrass is worth a top 10 pick every day of the week and a PF run puts Hawthorn’s 1st post 17 after bids on Ashcroft and Lombard. At the very least the deal is Hawthorn’s 1st + ?

No of course not, and the success of 2018 isn't applicable given we traded for him in that offseason after.

List management teams make mistakes, this was clearly just not one that significantly hamstrung this side's ability to assemble a premiership-winning potential for the 5 years you said. Grundy/Treloar contract fiascos are the sort of mistakes that cost you premierships if not aggressively navigated out of.
Just to be clear you do not think bringing Beams back for 2 1st rd picks and a 4yr contract worth $2.4 million is not as much a fiasco as either Grundy or Treloar contracts plus the fact he only played 7 games at nearly $350.000 a game mate with deals like that it is wonder we are still in business.

I think you are right we did aggressively trade our way of the Treloar and Grundy contracts and bloody good thing we did but that Beams trade was a massive fiasco as that rookie poster correctly surmised.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back