List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Wright would be a good get and slot nicely into our forward line.

Could see it working well with McStay and Mihocek with Hill, Elliott and Schultz roaming around.

Would be interesting to see who would get the 3rd tall defender, reckon at least one of them would get off the chain.

Don't mind this as a group of targets. Cheap fringe younger guys who look capable, just starved of opportunity.

Davies <> Noble would seem to make sense.

Could be a Lipinski type scenario of being stuck behind some gun incumbent mids, but having value and potential for development in the right system.

Davies <> Noble would seem to make sense.

Could be a Lipinski type scenario of being stuck behind some gun incumbent mids, but having value and potential for development in the right system.
That is how I see it. GC have a greedy collection of midfield talent that we should pounce on

And the stories that his father told him didn't seem quite real, god help him, he was only 19
Snap. I went there too.

And then someone yelled high contact and ****ing Curnow scored.
But we hooked in there for hours. And a god almighty roar
As Jakob kicked a goal the day that Carlton shat the bed.
God praise him.
He is only 19.

I hope we still get Lukosous from the Suns.

We promise him to be a forward. He comes over and we do the Jeremy Howe switch if things aren’t going well.

FWIW, he’s a very good forward. He will do very well in a competent forward line.

I can see him take WHE’s spot in the forward line, which will then allow WHE to play as a defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know trading our F1 is dubious for obvious reasons but if we can snag the 2 Whitlock boys, would you?
Pies give - Noble, F1st, Pick 32
Suns Give - Davies, Pick 20 + 13
Something similar to this trade would be nice.
If Davies doesn't want to come over to us then we get a F2nd/F3rd instead of Davies.
Obviously this is a rough estimate of picks that will be swapped.
Am I on the ball? What are your thoughts? Too much, too little?

Peter Wright would be a good get and slot nicely into our forward line.

Could see it working well with McStay and Mihocek with Hill, Elliott and Schultz roaming around.

Would be interesting to see who would get the 3rd tall defender, reckon at least one of them would get off the chain.
How serious is the talk that Wright would leave Essendon? He won the B+F two seasons ago and is turning 28 next week. On the face of it he would be a good acquisition but how injury ravaged is his body?

How serious is the talk that Wright would leave Essendon? He won the B+F two seasons ago and is turning 28 next week. On the face of it he would be a good acquisition but how injury ravaged is his body?

He’s got plenty of football left.

He was out of favour and spent plenty of time in the VFL.

He’s gettable.

I know trading our F1 is dubious for obvious reasons but if we can snag the 2 Whitlock boys, would you?
If Davies doesn't want to come over to us then we get a F2nd/F3rd instead of Davies.
Looks about right to me. I'd do it, but try to hold on to 32 and sling them our two thirds instead, as they need points.

Hit the draft with 13, 20 and 32.

I hope we still get Lukosous from the Suns.

We promise him to be a forward. He comes over and we do the Jeremy Howe switch if things aren’t going well.

FWIW, he’s a very good forward. He will do very well in a competent forward line.

I can see him take WHE’s spot in the forward line, which will then allow WHE to play as a defender.
Unless suns have a change in heart and make it a salary dump situation, it's pretty clear we aren't that interested.

Yes, if we have the ability to nab both, it would be worth it.
Richmond is the big watch here with Jack Whitlock.
They would want one of them I'd think.

He’s got plenty of football left.

He was out of favour and spent plenty of time in the VFL.

He’s gettable.
I think of the possibly attainable KPF's, 2MP is the best investment, and the player I'd look at acquiring in that position, if we were to go down that route.

He's in a strange position as I think he's a victim of circumstance with the club he's at- and sadly for him does not suit the Essendon style/skillset, as you can see with the likes of Langford and Stringer being their leading goalkickers. They (Essendon) rely on a "chaos" style game plan, given their squad and lack of clean foot skill players, so they require more mobile/explosive types to get on the end of movement or burst in to space to find their goals.

Contrast that with our "cleaner" ball users and style, it's easy to envision someone like a 2MP getting hit up on the lead from one of the Daicos boys - which has always been Wright's best strength, being a strong lead up, mark and goal type KPF. He's not going to be the bloke that splits a pack apart from 3 deep, however that's more what a McStay or Checkers is in the side for anyway, playing purely out of the square as a lead up marking target, I can see 2MP being a 40 goal kicker for us in 2025.

Snap. I went there too.

And then someone yelled high contact and ****ing Curnow scored.
But we hooked in there for hours. And a god almighty roar
As Jakob kicked a goal the day that Carlton shat the bed.
God praise him.
He is only 19.

Don’t make me find the famous version of this about Sidebottom and the 2010 GF.

Too late! I found it😍

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back