List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this.
Besides, Too Injured Tom could have joined the Pies a few years ago and thumbed his nose at us.
So as far as I’m concerned, he can enjoy what’s remaining of his AFL career anchored at the bottom of the ladder with Richmond.

Not sure he thumbed his nose.

Balme had done a fair chunk of the work, Eddie Everywhere hamstrung Balme by bringing Gubby in. Balme leaves to Richmond.

Also, we clearly didn’t have the funds to recruit Lynch from a cap perspective. 2 seasons after Lynch signs on at Richmond at over 1mil a year we have a fire sale.

If it’s a choice between Two Metre Peter and Tom “Disloyalty is my middle name” Lynch, then it’s an easy decision. The latter will cost about 10 times as much on a per game played basis, once injuries are factored in.

Both are B-graders these days, so go the cheaper option and spend the saved money elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our list is pretty fkd, let’s be honest.

Still relying on veterans next year to help us win games.

One of the worst list of kids in the league. Nick Daicos and then daylight…

No one to replace Darcy Moore in coming years. No up and coming key forwards. And no first round round draft picks this year, or assets to trade..

The club have sold the farm to try and pinch more flags, and it has backfired. But have also been hampered by poor draft pick hands, player trade dumps and poor drafting. No finals this year and finishing below hawthorn.

Salary cap room the only weapon we have, so the club will need to pull multiple rabbits out of the hat to improve.

And I don’t buy the “too many injuries disrupted us, so we’ll have to be better next year” bs.

All of the following prime moving players will likely be worse next year:

Crisp
Mihocek
WHE
Elliott
Pendles
Sidey
Howe
Mitchell

JFC... we won a flag last year.

Geeez we are scrapping the barrel now with some names getting thrown around here
Can confirm stringer has spoken to pies
As to the extent or outcome
That’s unknown

Trade using what currency? We don't have draft picks (and if we did, we wouldn't trade them, we'd use them to get younger), and we wouldn't trade any young quality (see above, our goal is to get younger), so which older players do you propose we can trade to get 4-5 useful 25 or below players?

Would you trade any of Moore, De Goey, Maynard, McStay, Crisp, Cameron, Schultz? Noble already going, so that's one, but I doubt we accept anything other than a draft pick in return (if we can get pick 20). I assume we don't get quality back for the any of the older players like Elliott, Mihocek, Howe, etc.

I really like Davies and Peatling after seeing their ages and tackling rates. Both will fit with what McRae and the Pies are aiming for.... elite defensive pressure.
Those 2 are realistic gets because their teams arent asking for the world, Noble for Davies is a fair swap already, noting that Davies is younger and has higher ceiling still.
Peatling is outside of GSW's best 18 and only recently got to show case his skills but players ahead of him arent likely to decline any time soon.

Two more players to aim for. Pies can trade with another team under the need for need philosophy.

So the choice is a bloke who can’t play more than 4 games a season or someone who was dropped from a side who went worse than us this year…

I was on his bandwagon when the suns moved him and he still has some good footy in him.

in 2021 he kicked 29 goals and 208 hit outs. Wright and Mcstay make Cox redundant.

he kicked 53 in 2022 when he stayed home and didnt ruck.

if he is fit he's a pretty handy player.

I really like Davies and Peatling after seeing their ages and tackling rates. Both will fit with what McRae and the Pies are aiming for.... elite defensive pressure.
Those 2 are realistic gets because their teams arent asking for the world, Noble for Davies is a fair swap already, noting that Davies is younger and has higher ceiling still.
Peatling is outside of GSW's best 18 and only recently got to show case his skills but players ahead of him arent likely to decline any time soon.

Two more players to aim for. Pies can trade with another team under the need for need philosophy.

Add Davies, Peatling and Wright and that's as good as it will get with the hand they have this year.

Basically adding Degoey, Mitchell, Davies, Peatling, Allen(?) to this years midfield.

Add Davies, Peatling and Wright and that's as good as it will get with the hand they have this year.

Basically adding Degoey, Mitchell, Davies, Peatling, Allen(?) to this years midfield.

I think Harrison, Allan, Jiath woud get opportunities next season also. Pies have a bunch of 20-22 year olds that need to be bloodied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll throw this into the trade thread for what it's worth. Heard from one of our players ( what would they really know? ) that we are very, very progressed with securing 'he of the leonine torso' and also realigning draft picks, dollars and tarot cards in order for 'too injured Tom' to stroll across Swan street.

Not sure he thumbed his nose.

Balme had done a fair chunk of the work, Eddie Everywhere hamstrung Balme by bringing Gubby in. Balme leaves to Richmond.

Also, we clearly didn’t have the funds to recruit Lynch from a cap perspective. 2 seasons after Lynch signs on at Richmond at over 1mil a year we have a fire sale.
And bucks blabbed about the secret meeting with lynches which went down like a lead balloon

I can't believe it's still 6 weeks until the trade period begins and what 700 pages and counting.......

So far what we know
  • The Petracca pipe dream vanished up its own backside faster than a rat up a drainpipe - was amusing for a few weeks
  • Stringer anyone - yuk. I just can't stand the guy
  • 2MP - hmm not convinced he will look good in a black and white guernsey.
  • Hobbs from bombers - bit vanilla for me
  • Tom Lynch - played what 4 games in 2 years and still getting paid a $million a year - surely not?
  • Peatling from GWS looks a good prospect - be very keen but plenty of other suitors
  • Davis from Suns - maybe as part of a JNN trade.
  • Keane - back to the future - hopefully we dont over pay
On the way out JFN - sad to see him go but consensus is statistically he is every bit as good as Rioli where speculation has it that he is worth pick 6 and some more, but our JFN only a bit of loose change. I hope we play hard ball and get a decent pick for him.

Richards - like to keep but he would be mad to stay if he is getting 3 years +1 at Port. We must maximise the trade value and get back into the first round.

I think we might have to accept that not much is going to happen this trade period.

I can't believe it's still 6 weeks until the trade period begins and what 700 pages and counting.......

So far what we know
  • The Petracca pipe dream vanished up its own backside faster than a rat up a drainpipe - was amusing for a few weeks
  • Stringer anyone - yuk. I just can't stand the guy
  • 2MP - hmm not convinced he will look good in a black and white guernsey.
  • Hobbs from bombers - bit vanilla for me
  • Tom Lynch - played what 4 games in 2 years and still getting paid a $million a year - surely not?
  • Peatling from GWS looks a good prospect - be very keen but plenty of other suitors
  • Davis from Suns - maybe as part of a JNN trade.
  • Keane - back to the future - hopefully we dont over pay
On the way out JFN - sad to see him go but consensus is statistically he is every bit as good as Rioli where speculation has it that he is worth pick 6 and some more, but our JFN only a bit of loose change. I hope we play hard ball and get a decent pick for him.

Richards - like to keep but he would be mad to stay if he is getting 3 years +1 at Port. We must maximise the trade value and get back into the first round.

I think we might have to accept that not much is going to happen this trade period.

Get use to it

Be around 1k Pages when it finally starts

Sydney seem the landing spot for stringer of he leaves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can see it now. If he goes to Sydney and performs, this board will go into melt down. We should have got him when we had the chance...I knew it, we should have got him.....I told you so.....I said we should have got him last year..... sack the board..

I can see it now. If he goes to Sydney and performs, this board will go into melt down. We should have got him when we had the chance...I knew it, we should have got him.....I told you so.....I said we should have got him last year..... sack the board..
Stringer would improve any forward line. And Wright proved last year he’s more than capable. The right environment can help.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back