List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Our future first for GC pick 12 seems a reasonable offer albeit better ones will probably surface.

Richards for pick 55 (discounted price tied to the Houston deal).

Noble pick 48, 51, 55 for pick 20.

Pick 12, 20, for Houston (we forgo asking for pick 37 in the Richards deal).

Stringer for pick 33.

To meet our minimum draft requirements we simply take the best of what's left out of U18 competition or look towards the state leagues or those newly delisted for mature aged talent and bypass the SSP like last off season.

In reality to have any small chance for a player like Houston we're going to need to trade away our future first alongside trying to secure another valuable selection for this year. Others will still be able to beat our offer.

As much as Essendon don't want to offer Stringer the deal he's after he remains contracted for next season so they hold some valuable cards. If we're all in on next year then a late 2nd round pick for someone who just kicked more goals than anyone on our list seems like the asking price for him. I doubt they'll take less.

This is the issue for me
From a footy perspective I'm sure he would do quite ok

Yep.

Can play.

Not a fan of the person he has been.

I want a flag, but not that much.

Sounds really dangerous :think::rolleyes:
Most of the kids are 5yo - 12yo (not his past age group of 17yo).
He's not what I would call an active dad (watching his kids) as he's mostly on his phone.
In saying that he's just keeping to himself and not interacting with anyone.
His breakup with his first wife was 7-8 years ago when he was in his early 20's so hopefully he's happy with his 2nd wife and kids.

Most of the kids are 5yo - 12yo (not his past age group of 17yo).
He's not what I would call an active dad (watching his kids) as he's mostly on his phone.
In saying that he's just keeping to himself and not interacting with anyone.
His breakup with his first wife was 7-8 years ago when he was in his early 20's so hopefully he's happy with his 2nd wife and kids.
I just don't like to judge people too much without knowing them. He could be an arseh*le or he could be great. My only concern is if he's as lazy as some say. He doesn't really look fat to me

Our future first for GC pick 12 seems a reasonable offer albeit better ones will probably surface.

Richards for pick 55 (discounted price tied to the Houston deal).

Noble pick 48, 51, 55 for pick 20.

Pick 12, 20, for Houston (we forgo asking for pick 37 in the Richards deal).

Stringer for pick 33.

To meet our minimum draft requirements we simply take the best of what's left out of U18 competition or look towards the state leagues or those newly delisted for mature aged talent and bypass the SSP like last off season.

In reality to have any small chance for a player like Houston we're going to need to trade away our future first alongside trying to secure another valuable selection for this year. Others will still be able to beat our offer.

As much as Essendon don't want to offer Stringer the deal he's after he remains contracted for next season so they hold some valuable cards. If we're all in on next year then a late 2nd round pick for someone who just kicked more goals than anyone on our list seems like the asking price for him. I doubt they'll take less.
No.
But thankfully Houston won't choose us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he's a not your key full forward type is he? He plays more like a small forward who goes in the midfield than a kpf. That was my point.
Except he doesn’t really. As a forward I’d regard him as more a lead and mark type who’s also good at ground level. He’s very 2018 JDG-like as a forward, and 2018 JDG was a pseudo key forward.

Why is Stringer no longer referred to as ‘the package?’ In fact, why was he called that in the first place?

Assume it’s because of his early potential - which was never fully realised. Although he helped the Doggies to a flag.

Ambivalent about this one. The player at his best would be very welcome, but not so sure about the person.
Because back in the day a package was secured using string. Stringer. Package. At least that’s the reasoning BT gave when he gave him the nickname iirc.

I just don't like to judge people too much without knowing them. He could be an arseh*le or he could be great. My only concern is if he's as lazy as some say. He doesn't really look fat to me

When he first joined Essendon he told the weight and condition coaches that he doesn't do a whole lot of heavy weights because he puts on to much size.

They kind of laughed it off and made him do the heavy weights program.

From memory he put on like 9 kgs in 3 months and had to pull him back as he got to big.

He does struggle with weight and manages it like alot of AFL players, 2nd and 3rd efforts are what let him down.

I'm a bit confused by the tweet.
Whether he means thats his salary, or the reported salary offered by GC
He means that there are rumours or stories of us asking for pick 12 and JFN getting an $800,000 contract from GC, but both these rumours are rubbish.

He means that there are rumours or stories of us asking for pick 12 and JFN getting an $800,000 contract from GC, but both these rumours are rubbish.
I didn't even realise there was a rumour about him being offered 800k.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back