List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m open to flipping our future first into this years draft pool as long as the pick we can get is valuable enough
Especially if we forecast Mcguane to command a first next year

Whisper is they made trade Cerra

The only ones saying that are optimistic Carlton supporters, and they'd be happy to see the back of him because he's becoming more injury prone than Sean Rusling.

I can't see any world where someone would take the risk on Cerra unless Carlton paid some of his salary and/or it cost nothing in a trade.

If we get Stringer, prob spells the end of opportunities for richards.
Don’t see how they are L4L.
Agree though our forward structure may change if we get Stringer.
Can see him 60% Forward, 25% mid with De Goey swapping and 15% on the pine.
I really believe our Kaso game style suits more natural see ball get ball players like him.
If Checkers and Mcstay are fit with Mcstay doing a bit of second ruck I could see Stringer more value than Cox in a forward setup.
Let’s not forget we spent half this year without key or ball drawing figure and if we had stringer then it would have been a better outcome I’d have thought.
Also Stringer won probably 3 games off his boot this year and with the Pies forever having close games I’d hate to be minding DeGoey, Daicos x 2, Hill, Elliot and Stringer around a forward bull up.

The only ones saying that are optimistic Carlton supporters, and they'd be happy to see the back of him because he's becoming more injury prone than Sean Rusling.

I can't see any world where someone would take the risk on Cerra unless Carlton paid some of his salary and/or it cost nothing in a trade.

1726039414198.png

I don’t really follow their list strategy. Have they been into Houston or just jumped in when he was looking around. And Haynes from GWS along with Houston coming in and Cerra possibly leaving leaves more gaps in their team to me. Maybe Vossy has a plan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True that - but in Swanny's case, he wasn't really fat per se, and he was a hard trainer.

I wouldn't mind Stringer in the black and white, but I worry about a bloke who can't run 5k and says he had to learn how to run.
I can't believe how much conjecture there is about this. If an unfit Jake Stringer turns up next year he plays VFL and we've wasted a late 2nd round pick, like we do almost every year. If we had the same Stringer who's turned up for the last decade playing for us this year, we're playing finals. We can get a proven match winner for a song and people are gun shy about it!?

I can't believe how much conjecture there is about this. If an unfit Jake Stringer turns up next year he plays VFL and we've wasted a late 2nd round pick, like we do almost every year. If we had the same Stringer who's turned up for the last decade playing for us this year, we're playing finals. We can get a proven match winner for a song and people are gun shy about it!?
An unfit Stringer is still an AFL standard forward. A change of scenery out of that depression resort should fire his enthusiasm

I don’t believe they’d make him available as they’d be selling him at his bottom price but if he was put up, you’d have to look into Adam Cerra
If our conditioning dept believed they could get his hamstrings right and we could get him relatively cheaply he’d be a perfect fit. Only 24 still.

An unfit Stringer is still an AFL standard forward. A change of scenery out of that depression resort should fire his enthusiasm
The guy still played all 23 games and kicked 42 goals this year, whilst the Bombers were dropping the likes of Peter Wright. Imagine if we got him enthusiastic!

The guy still played all 23 games and kicked 42 goals this year, whilst the Bombers were dropping the likes of Peter Wright. Imagine if we got him enthusiastic!
Strong leadership. Obviously was allowed to piss fart around on ability alone at Essendon and never really challenged. Pendles, Darcy, Titch and co can help with that otherwise we could always just put him on Maynard at training to convince him. 😂

The only thing I will say for cerra is that Carlton's fitness and rehab department hasn't exactly been that effective recently, as evidenced by the litany of soft tissues injuries that Carlton had to deal with the last few seasons. It is possible that they may have mismanaged the identification and treatment of his soft tissues injuries. So if cerra is available at a cheap price , i wouldn't mind allowing our fitness department have a crack at getting his body right.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back