List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to be honest, I haven’t watched a lot of Perryman. Is he cut out for the midfield minutes?

He played as the versatile utility and as that shut-down defender role this season, so it's a wait and see, but l think he would be able to play as a full-time mid easily.
He's a good size, been in the system awhile now so he has that good hardened upper body strength, and does go in to win the footy. His tackling was above average this season, so l think he would be a good addition into our midfield mix...

I’m not there with any of the love toward Dean, but with the rookie list changes and our dearth of KPD options that one makes zero sense to me. The Perryman stuff is incredible to me, not as in amazing, but I find it incredible that he would walk past that deal from Port.
Maybe we think there’s better key defender prospect out there in the draft or a better mature ager in the state leagues.

He played as the versatile utility and as that shut-down defender role this season, so it's a wait and see, but l think he would be able to play as a full-time mid easily.
He's a good size, been in the system awhile now so he has that good hardened upper body strength, and does go in to win the footy. His tackling was above average this season, so l think he would be a good addition into our midfield mix...
How’s his speed?

How’s his speed?
Feeling Old Season 8 GIF by The Simpsons

I’m not there with any of the love toward Dean, but with the rookie list changes and our dearth of KPD options that one makes zero sense to me. The Perryman stuff is incredible to me, not as in amazing, but I find it incredible that he would walk past that deal from Port.
I also find the decision on Dean strange and gives me some false hope that they have someone lined up. the thought of Frampton and Dean was bad enough, somehow only having one of them without someone coming in is even worse

Despite the revelations I'm still not against the idea of Stringer totally and the exposure if anything might be a positive.

If he wants to get a 2 year deal he knows at the very least clubs aren't going to stand for any dodgy friends in the rooms and hopefully he might be persuaded to make better life choices with new influences at our club.

Even if he doesn't he wouldn't be the only footballer in the AFL with less than desirable hangers on.
I have a concern, no desirables in the change rooms might make it a little difficult, maybe set Stringer up on Zoom and he can do the team build up from the car park, run through the outer gates and straight onto the field. I think he’s good missing the warm up, maybe up the car heater a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’s his speed?

I wouldn't say he's overly quick, but he has a good footy brain and is hard to bring down in a tackle.ln games l have seen him play, he seems to have the ability to work himself out of trouble alot.
He is a hard, tough player, and will be a good acquisition if we get him, particularly in a midfield mix with Naicos and Allan. Two younger bodies that we may want some protection for during games...

Last edited:

I mean... If you're earning 800k or whatever a year, you're probably in a position to take a slight haircut to avoid living in Adelaide.

If he's the type of guy who'd like to play in Melbourne... and under Fly...

I'm only assuming we're offering less. I'll be more worried if he comes to us and they get band 1

Richards will be interesting to see what happens there, now we have given him the additional year.
Is it worth packing up and moving interstate for one extra year on a contract or back yourself in at the Pies and take the 3 years, and work hard to be a senior regular from next season....🤔

The cautionary tale for perryman is what happened with hopper and Taranto, go to a club that is likely to lose a coach within 12 or so months and the whole dynamic can change, or go to a club where it’s likely the coach will be there for the next 4-5 years at least

The cautionary tale for perryman is what happened with hopper and Taranto, go to a club that is likely to lose a coach within 12 or so months and the whole dynamic can change, or go to a club where it’s likely the coach will be there for the next 4-5 years at least
IMO Perryman is different.
Hopper is a one trick pony.
Taranto is good but questionable disposal and again no very flexible.

Perryman is like a defensive version of WHE or Sidey in that he can play mid, wing, def (Chrisp style). If we are trying to recruit him as an inside mid I don't have a problem but if it's an inside/outside mid I question his pace. He can run all day but doesn't have the explosive pace to breakaway.

Unless we are flat broke and unable to get the deal done, in a year when we have no first round pick and we're bringing back a lot of older players, going hard after a free agent who can make us better in 2025 is nothing but sensible.

Saving the money until we're bereft of options and our older players have retired is silly.

This is an option to bring in a player that, if traded for, would have drawn a first round pick, effectively giving us the first round value that we lost trading the pick last year.

Not worth quibbling over the increase of a small value in terms of contract or an extra year or two.

Yup.

Have to blood a few youngins. Give them a chance to hopefully unleash their confidence and potential. Pies need youth.
We need approx 5 "refreshes" next year - 2-3 youngsters step up; - 2-3 trades - inc a bull midfielder, intercepting back and a mark clunker up front

Harry Perryman draft profile's for those who are interested in a bit of reading:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back