List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

agree - but i struggle to find another position for Richards that gives us a NET positive change compared to an incumbent.
I think small fwd is his most valuable position.
The difference with Reef is he has the body and speed to be trialed in other positions suitable to these attributes.
Wing. I think the wings are open. You need a good distributor from half back if the run and gun handball chains are blocked off. Josh looked the go there and Sidey was outstanding as a run with mid at the back end of the year

I agree, lets get Parfitt seems to be an annual suggestion and Ive never seen the attraction, seems like a completely ineffectual fringe player to me...
Not fussed either way, but I'd prefer him as depth over any of Sullivan, Long, Bytel, Macrae. He'd be handy if we could move Macrae to another team, but otherwise I wouldn't go with both on the list.

Probably Carlton, in which case we might pick up Kennedy cheaply. He and Perryman would certainly bolster our midfield as Pendles, Sidey and Mitchell move towards retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That definitely seems like the more likely outcome, given Houston's ties to Carlton players, but who knows?

I think he will prove to be closer to Daicos levels than the Brown brothers, hard to think he could be Naicos level but then again hard to see anyone on Nicks level but if he get,s close to Josh,s level we can be well pleased.
Let’s hope he’s nowhere near brown levels .. Callum’s kicking still traumatises me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’s the logic of this?! Upgrade the guys at 30-35 on our list with a guy that will sit at 25-30. That’ll definitely get us back in the premiership mix.
What is this going to cost us in terms of opportunities?

It doesn't stop us from doing anything else we might do, and you're acknowledging it's an upgrade, so why would we not do it?

We will find out just how serious he is about midfield minutes vs the cash and length on offer.

Its not only how much he wants to play in the midfield. It's also the opportunity to play for arguably the biggest club in Victoria, play majority of games at the G in front of huge crowds, particularly in marquee games....

What is this going to cost us in terms of opportunities?

It doesn't stop us from doing anything else we might do, and you're acknowledging it's an upgrade, so why would we not do it?
Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough. Shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic won’t improve us just as the additions of Bytel, Long and Sullivan didn’t 👍

You do understand what Geelong are doing, yeah? They’re clearing list spots for a ripping draft. Collingwood then choosing to clog one up with a guy who doesn’t add anything to the best 23 is the South Park version of the story of Joseph Smith finding the Book of Mormon.

Last edited:
So Dimma on 360 said something along the lines of we don't need first round picks? We need specific players.

Sounds to me that a first rounder is achievable for Noble.

Win win trade.

I just hope Geelong don't come and crash our party.
Does Oleg fit their type of player? Hello pick 20/26 🤣🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back