List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Only reason they'd continue with Esava is the sunk cost fallacy, honestly. He did not improve their back line at all and was a comically bad forward option. Not even good at providing a contest up forward and getting the ball to ground.

If I'm ranking Port's best tall forwards options, I'm going
1. Georgiades - still only 22 remarkably. Great player.
2. Lord - more than competent forward-ruck. Kicked 4 in a final. Loads of potential.
3. Lukosius - nice third tall and linking half-forward. Can be a ripper with the right support.
4. Finlayson - would still be best 22 at a few clubs IMO. Solid depth option.
5. Ratugolea - just not AFL standard at either end.

I really hope we can get Lord out of them, but with two years on his deal I can't see it.
I still can't work out why they wanted Ratugolea - he's useless.
Ditto Zerk-Thatcher.

Only reason they'd continue with Esava is the sunk cost fallacy, honestly. He did not improve their back line at all and was a comically bad forward option. Not even good at providing a contest up forward and getting the ball to ground.

2. Lord - more than competent forward-ruck. Kicked 4 in a final. Loads of potential.
3. Lukosius - nice third tall and linking half-forward. Can be a ripper with the right support.

I really hope we can get Lord out of them, but with two years on his deal I can't see it.

What about holla for a marshall? At 4 or 5?

We've had so many of those.
Scharenberg & Freeman instead of Cripps.
Stevo instead of Naughton.
Georgiades or Sam De Koning if we hadn't traded Beams back in. (Chad Warner went the pick before Rantall in that draft).

Every club has f**kups like that, though.

One might argue that Sydney f***caked up on Warner too… or at least were lucky. They drafted three different players ahead of him with little to show for those picks… the most successful of those three is now plodding away at North

It’s a lottery at the best of times.

I still can't work out why they wanted Ratugolea - he's useless.
Ditto Zerk-Thatcher.
I can't work out why you would recruit Ratugolea as a reasonable defender & then play him forward where he has failed time & time again. Dumb as dogsh!t move from Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember the "Fab 5" being splashed all over the back page of the HS. Deledio (The only hit), Richard Tambling, Danny Meyer, Adam Pattison and Dean Polo. They followed up the following year with Jarrod Oakley-Nicholls and a triumphant Greg Miller claiming that Collingwood had stuffed up the draft by over reaching for Scott Pendlebury
Pendles has played more games that all of them put together, and then some.
Two premierships, Norm Smith medal.
It was good that Miller was there during their "ninth again" period.

I reckon Peatling really is leaving GWS.

They’ve had a three-year contract in front of him for ages and he still hasn’t signed.

I don’t think he’d have gone as far as touring Melbourne clubs if he was just trying to squeeze some more $$$ out of GWS.

Dare we dream of Perryman AND Peatling? Or even Perryman, Peatling and Kennedy?

Some combo of those three would really sure-up our engine room as we move towards the retirements of Pendles, Sidey and Mitchell.

They've got Marshall too. Someone will go back surely?

One might argue that Sydney f***caked up on Warner too… or at least were lucky. They drafted three different players ahead of him with little to show for those picks… the most successful of those three is now plodding away at North

It’s a lottery at the best of times.
Recruiters would just bullshit with Warner. We rated him top 5, but knew he'd last until pick whatever.

I reckon Peatling really is leaving GWS.

They’ve had a three-year contract in front of him for ages and he still hasn’t signed.

I don’t think he’d have gone as far as touring Melbourne clubs if he was just trying to squeeze some more $$$ out of GWS.

Dare we dream of Perryman AND Peatling? Or even Perryman, Peatling and Kennedy?

Some combo of those three would really sure-up our engine room as we move towards the retirements of Pendles, Sidey and Mitchell.
Just Kennedy would be a cheap, solid player to help protect Nick.
Nick will forever have a target on him, because other clubs will think stop Nick=stop Collingwood.
We need to give him help.

Have a listen to this in full and make up your mind if he was talking about a balance or his preference is players. and doesn’t have much of a car for picks.

I love fly he’s my favorite collingwood coach since I’ve been alive, but this is a worrying philosophy in my opinion.

It’s been well addressed by several posters. Read through the thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back