List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They have Croft in the wings too.
I’d be interested to see how Croft is doing in the reserves, because tbh he’s the one who’s going to be up against it trying to compete for a spot in that forward line with Naughton, JUH and Darcy.

Honestly I was almost surprised that he didn’t opt to just go in the open draft last year. The dogs aren’t a good landing spot for any prospective KPF right now.

There would be players staying at home and getting on the piss the day before a final. they don't have to get blind drunk but they drink. I just don't see the big deal if he goes to the pub to unwind before a big final.
Let's see how patient & forgiving Mitchell is if Ginni gets busted doing lines & posting stories about being out in the wee hours before a day game (King's Birthday).

We wouldn't have moved him on for just going to the pub either.

I’d be interested to see how Croft is doing in the reserves, because tbh he’s the one who’s going to be up against it trying to compete for a spot in that forward line with Naughton, JUH and Darcy.

Honestly I was almost surprised that he didn’t opt to just go in the open draft last year. The dogs aren’t a good landing spot for any prospective KPF right now.
I wonder how Busslinger is travelling? Another young tall who can’t seem to break-in to the team.

I was surprised he didn't opt for the open draft as well given how many talls the dogs have.

Let's see how patient & forgiving Mitchell is if Ginni gets busted doing lines & posting stories about being out in the wee hours before a day game (King's Birthday).

We wouldn't have moved him on for just going to the pub either.
He is a little shit. anyway, he's not our problem anymore. If it was known that Ginni does lines, surely he would be target tested

Once again I think this was one of his dumb rigid best available on his list rules. Morris was clearly on our radar and would likely have been rated near our first pick.
It’s too early to write off Harry, because at a minimum he has the right work ethic, but I agree it’s a bitter pill to swallow watching a player like Morris playing finals for a strong team like Brisbane in his first year when he was exactly the kind of marking forward we could have used this year in the constant absence of both Mihocek and McStay.

I don't. It's becoming more and more of a runners game and ours are getting old. Morris is going to be a good player, but he's not the right size to be a structural piece and his teams will succeed more on the blokes higher up the ground giving him better chances than him being better at making the most of those chances. I think we wen't the right player type - unless Morris was rated as likely to become a heap better at his role - which may very well be the case - time will tell.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we could start a thread on players and draftees whom we can/should chase after and possibly get. You know, players we would like to see in our team. Players we don't want/like would be fine also. It would make a refreshing change from our past misses, contract stuff ups and bad trades.

I don't. It's becoming more and more of a runners game and ours are getting old. Morris is going to be a good player, but he's not the right size to be a structural piece and his teams will succeed more on the blokes higher up the ground giving him better chances than him being better at making the most of those chances. I think we wen't the right player type - unless Morris was rated as likely to become a heap better at his role.
I also think the Mid sized forward is becoming just as important these days. Morris was the perfect checkers replacement and is already exceeding expectations. Players like Waterman, Georgiadis, checkers, Henry etc, are worth their weight in gold. There's no doubt a midfielder was higher on hine's list and he went for it but morris was a no brainer for us. We thought we'd get him with our next pick. I completely agree that we need runners buit also need players to replace our current tallish forwards.

Maybe we could start a thread on players and draftees whom we can/should chase after and possibly get. You know, players we would like to see in our team. Players we don't want/like would be fine also. It would make a refreshing change from our past misses, contract stuff ups and bad trades.
you have the power to start such a thread

you have the power to start such a thread
There's one already:

I don’t think that Hine has an aversion to a particular player type tbh, it’s just that he has a rigid rule of best available regardless of list need. From a talent ID perspective it makes sense but from a list management perspective it ends up putting us in the situation we’re currently in. No high end KPP talent coming through in our youth, and us having to try to find established ones to trade in, which is more difficult than it sounds when we’re constantly weakening our own draft hands through unfavourable trades.

I’m hoping that Leppitsch coming in to list management and a better budget will change the

Really he hasn't had the luxury of using non FS top 10 picks all that often the last 6 years.

But think we could still improve on what we have done across other bands.

Also the whole future first trading strategy needs a massive rethink.

The whole KPP aren't worth spending top picks on is another that needs review.

I believe the club much like Sr36 is of the belief mids and flankers are a better bet to succeed then the talls and think a good role player like McStay is all that required no need for a 70 goal FF etc.
Whilst I think it's sufficient to a degree you'd always prefer at least 1 Hogan or Curnow or Mackay up front.

Can Dan lift his Goals Per game Ave? Potentially but I still only see a Checkers level from him (30 to 40 goals bracket).
Given his previous best was 28 goals a few seasons ago.
I half agree with the club that the it's a good strategy to go for role player kpfs and not pay top dollar. On the other hand I'd like to see us pay top dollar for gun kpbs. They are less risky and are having an ever increasing impact on the game. Plus you can often get a gun key back a little lower in the draft (outside top5)

I wonder how Busslinger is travelling? Another young tall who can’t seem to break-in to the team.
I would assume not great given they decided to turn Lobb in to a defender rather than giving Buss a go.

I don't. It's becoming more and more of a runners game and ours are getting old. Morris is going to be a good player, but he's not the right size to be a structural piece and his teams will succeed more on the blokes higher up the ground giving him better chances than him being better at making the most of those chances. I think we wen't the right player type - unless Morris was rated as likely to become a heap better at his role.
Yet despite all that it was pretty well publicised that Morris was well and truly on our radar so the likelihood your theory is wrong is pretty high.

There's one already:

I was meant to maintain that…😳😩

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back