List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hoping we get Hind in to train over preseason. There's something there.
No more delisted SSPs please. We've had much more success with mature aged recruits with late/rookie picks like Mihocek / Noble / Richards / McCreery. Same as Geelong with Humphries, Mannagh etc. You don't see them picking up delisted rejects.

You want to give a chance to the high performing VFL guys that have never had the chance in elite environments rather then the ones that have and failed.

AFL May have to put in a few rules to stop players only going to club of their choice. Geelong and hawks seem to get everyone. Maybe if they leave there club without a fair deal they go into a draft. If a side drafts them and they refuse to go they have to sit out a year while clubs get compensation.
Why should Geelong and Hawthorn be punished for making themselves attractive destinations?

No more delisted SSPs please. We've had much more success with mature aged recruits with late/rookie picks like Mihocek / Noble / Richards / McCreery. Same as Geelong with Humphries, Mannagh etc. You don't see them picking up delisted rejects.

You want to give a chance to the high performing VFL guys that have never had the chance in elite environments rather then the ones that have and failed.
Current:
Tyson Stengle delisted by Adelaide.
Emerson Jeka was delisted by Hawthorn.

Past:
Jonathon Ceglar delisted by us.
James Podsiadly delisted by us.
Sam Menegola delisted by Hawthorn and Freo.

Don't close off any avenues to players. Cast the net wide and evaluate all options.

Worth pick 20 full stop. I doubt we get a sweetener though
He's not really worth pick 20 it's an end of first round pick - particularly in a strong draft. They'd probably be able to trade it for a future first. JFN isn't worth that - particularly as we're keeping the F.

I think we'd have to throw in our third round picks as well as JFN to get that pick 20.

Hind to his credit is a good player. Had a very good run of form for the Dons and is a swingman who can play DEF and FWD. Would not mind him whatsoever as a stopgap, especially considering he’d cost nothing to bring in. IMO was stiff to be delisted and Dons fans online tend to agree
He really isn't and swingman in his case is code for doesn't really play any position well, it's over for him and he won't be back in the AFL.

Wrong. You've got no idea. You know nothing about ...

Sorry. Just channeling Carl

He's worth letting him trial for a rookie spot.
I've put a lot of these player acquisition ideas into the trade analyser and so far it's running at 0%. The challenge is to come up with a player who might actually come to Collingwood so I look forward to what you can come up with and won't hold my breath it might actually happen.

I've put a lot of these player acquisition ideas into the trade analyser and so far it's running at 0%. The challenge is to come up with a player who might actually come to Collingwood so I look forward to what you can come up with and won't hold my breath it might actually happen.
My view is we need to add a quick flanker or two, preferably cheaply. I don't think we're giving it a shake next year without adding to the flanks - depth at the least. He'd be on my list of train on invitations. Who would you suggest?

Last edited:
I don't really understand all this contract jumbo-humbo.

If Bailey Smith's contract has ended... why do Bulldogs get to demand anything? Can't he just walk? Can someone with a bit of background in this set me straight?

Also... just read that post from the Mongrel Punt re: Blues' woes coming into 2025 and beyond.

I reckon Lewis Young would absolutely be a great addition if we could find a way to make it. Agile, tall and a good interceptor. We could do with a little sharpening up in our defence height-wise.

If Bailey Smith's contract has ended... why do Bulldogs get to demand anything? Can't he just walk? Can someone with a bit of background in this set me straight?
Contracts expire after the trade period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's only a certain number of ways that you can get onto a different list. As an uncontracted player who hasn't been delisted - it's with a trade from Dogs or through nominating for a draft. And he and the cats wouldn't want the draft.

Please don’t do this. That kind of talk is similar to the rubbish being pedaled by Tigers supporters in the Rioli thread…

Noble isn’t worth Pick 20 plus a sweetener.
20 by itself is probably slight overs, which is exactly what we should be demanding for a contracted player we’d rather keep who’s been offered a long term deal elsewhere. If he was uncontracted then we’d probably have to settle for a pick in the 30’s, but we actually have leverage in this situation so I’d hope we’re going to use it.

He’s not a free agent so a trade has to be facilitated. Failing that he can walk to the draft but it’s 100% certain he’d never get to Geelong that way so they need to deal.

Contracts end Oct 31 I believe, so players are still under contract through the trade period.
And sure, he can walk through the PSD, where dogs would lose him for nothing and he could end up anywhere, someone like Norf. So neither Geelong or Dogs get what they want.

So sick of geelong thinking they can get whoever they want for bugger all, I can’t wait until a out of contract player requests a trade from them and another club royally screws them in the deal

Question is - will this happen before we get the train line to the airport, or even better, a fast train to Sydney?

Not relevant examples, I know, but about as likely to happen (in my lifetime at least) as Geelong getting screwed over in a deal.

Because Bailey Smith hasn’t earned free agency yet he either needs the Bulldogs to trade him where he wants to go or he has to go into the draft and hope no one else picks him up (or as others have done when a trade couldn’t get done go back to the Dogs and sign a new contract)

It’s the same reason why if as expected Joe Richards requests a trade to Port, Port then need to trade with us.

Having said that Smith being out of contract does reduce the Dogs leverage because Smith has the option to walk for nothing to the draft.

20 by itself is probably slight overs, which is exactly what we should be demanding for a contracted player we’d rather keep who’s been offered a long term deal elsewhere. If he was uncontracted then we’d probably have to settle for a pick in the 30’s, but we actually have leverage in this situation so I’d hope we’re going to use it.
Gold Coast have high picks that are not worth much to them, eg.:
  1. They need mature leaders not more kids
  2. Leonardo Lombard (Academy) will eat points
  3. They will have limited list space as their extended list size is being wound back

Question is - will this happen before we get the train line to the airport, or even better, a fast train to Sydney?

Not relevant examples, I know, but about as likely to happen (in my lifetime at least) as Geelong getting screwed over in a deal.
Tim Kelly says high. It’ll take a unique set of circumstances to see one come up the highway. My take is you can’t compete on that front with them so we need to be better at finding the diamonds. I don’t think we struggle in that space I think we just loaded up on too many of the same type in 2024.

Tim Kelly says high. It’ll take a unique set of circumstances to see one come up the highway. My take is you can’t compete on that front with them so we need to be better at finding the diamonds. I don’t think we struggle in that space I think we just loaded up on too many of the same type in 2024.
Time to pump some money into recruiting and player development. We don't spend enough on them and are slowly falling behind

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back