List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Also... just read that post from the Mongrel Punt re: Blues' woes coming into 2025 and beyond.

I reckon Lewis Young would absolutely be a great addition if we could find a way to make it. Agile, tall and a good interceptor. We could do with a little sharpening up in our defence height-wise.

Mate he is terrible by foot. In this day and age this is a massive liability. Brions left him on his own as they were happy for him to get the ball.

Mate he is terrible by foot. In this day and age this is a massive liability. Brions left him on his own as they were happy for him to get the ball.

According to Fly himself, we don't care about that

Also... just read that post from the Mongrel Punt re: Blues' woes coming into 2025 and beyond.

I reckon Lewis Young would absolutely be a great addition if we could find a way to make it. Agile, tall and a good interceptor. We could do with a little sharpening up in our defence height-wise.
He's weak at the contest and lacks fortitude - as the Carlton board constantly laments.
That's not what we need in a defender.

If Richards leaves, we should get Owies. If we can get him cheap, just do it

Why the hell would we want Owies?

We have plenty of small forwards as well as mids that can play forward

We need mids and we need a young Key Forward

my carlton mates would be wrapped if he left carlton. they don't rate him.

If Richards leaves, we should get Owies. If we can get him cheap, just do it
The whole reason Richards would leave is that it wouldn't be worth it to us to either give him a longer term contract or guaranteed game time in the seniors because we have too many small forwards.

I don't understand why we would be recruiting another one if Richards were to go.

We'd be redirecting our resources elsewhere.

Personally, I think we should be looking and moving Richards up to the wing and encouraging him to have a massive pre-season of running to get to that point. Sidey to play tagger/half back next year and Josh Daicos to spend more time in the middle.

slag-vomit.gif

He's not really worth pick 20 it's an end of first round pick - particularly in a strong draft. They'd probably be able to trade it for a future first. JFN isn't worth that - particularly as we're keeping the F.

I think we'd have to throw in our third round picks as well as JFN to get that pick 20.
End of first round pick/early second round pick ……… tomato (US) tomato (AU).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to target a key backman to replace Murphy. Once Murphy retired, our structure broke down. It was so visible. We also need to find 1 more young big bodied midfielder. If we can stop the ball coming into our backing so quickly from a centre bounce, this will relieve the pressure on our backmen. Hence, it all starts from the centre.

I would also look at a few position changes. Perhaps Pendles playing halfback distributor or half forward, sidebottom as a tagger, crisp off halfback, maybe Q on the wing.

If we can turn Noble into pick 20 (given it will end up pick 24ish) and perhaps a F2 from port for Richards, we could perhaps use our own F1 and move up the draft board this year and have 2 picks in the first round. Given we will want McGuane next year, loading up on 2 round picks for next year would be advantageous.

However, I like the development of Allan, Parker & Harrison. Allan and Parker will have a bigger part in our season next year. Perhaps McInnes needs a positional change. I would throw him in the centre at VFL level and see how he handles that. but I think the writing is on the wall with Macrae......

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back