List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

My view is we need to add a quick flanker or two, preferably cheaply. I don't think we're giving it a shake next year without adding to the flanks - depth at the least. He'd be on my list of train on invitations. Who would you suggest?
We don't need flankers, particularly hacks like Hind and Owies. Ask yourself, if you think these players would suit us, why is it they can't get games in clubs that are below us on the ladder? We need key position players, particularly a key forward since Kreuger and Ash Johnson have shown nothing at AFL level. We also need speed through the midfield.

I insist on a F1
f1 GIF

Okay. F it than. Happy to watch Geelong and hawthorn dominate for the next umpteen years. Good for them
It is great recruiting and management by the Hawks that they have young players not on high salary. IIRC only Sicily was on the list of AFL top 100 salaries. They reportedly have no back ended contracts. Their older players are on low year to year contracts, They can afford to throw $$$ at FA. They are a destination club for several years. However they have had a one good year out of the past 9 so lets wait to see what happens b4 we claim they will dominate for years. Geelong is attractive for different reasons. Geelong is a mecca if you love golf, surfing or country. It takes 30 mins from Anglesea to Kardinia Park. It takes longer coming from Essendon to CBD 9kms away. New homes on good blocks down here are significantly cheaper than Melbourne. A very well run club and a tightly managed salary cap and a very wide recruiting network. They will not dominate for long if at all

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I did go out on a limb with the punchable man but he's a really good small forward who has pace and can push up on the wing. Carlton are stupid
On that we can all agree.

How many teams are in the AFL again?

Pick 20 is in the second round.

And will be pushed back further with bids on FS and Academy selection

But spookily it comes before the first pick of the second round.

Either way, we'll have to pay more than Noble to get it if this draft is as deep as everyone says.

Not sure if people are serious about a straight swap of Noble or just setting up to complain about our trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez... So many melts. Not a destination club? Blah blah... Who of real relevance have we "missed out on"?

Can guarantee there are stones in the fire that haven't been spoken about as yet. The club will be active, if it weren't for other circumstances Petracca would have loved to be traded to us for next season.

We don't need flankers, particularly hacks like Hind and Owies. Ask yourself, if you think these players would suit us, why is it they can't get games in clubs that are below us on the ladder? We need key position players, particularly a key forward since Kreuger and Ash Johnson have shown nothing at AFL level. We also need speed through the midfield.
HA.
Billy Frampton
Oleg Markov
Bobby Hill
All couldn't get games...

Serious question.
If Geelong drafted Finn and we drafted Max Holmes, do you think Finn would be an A grader for the Cats and Holmes would be struggling to break into our 22?
Theyre too different types of players... Holmes can play multiple roles, Fins a inside slow mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back