List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richards leaves, we should get Owies. If we can get him cheap, just do it
Mods can we get a vomit emoji added to the reacts for posts like these?

We don't need flankers, particularly hacks like Hind and Owies. Ask yourself, if you think these players would suit us, why is it they can't get games in clubs that are below us on the ladder? We need key position players, particularly a key forward since Kreuger and Ash Johnson have shown nothing at AFL level. We also need speed through the midfield.

We need to draft some talls for the future, but in the short term McStay and Checkers are fine. And I thought WHE was good as depth this year.

Who are our wingers and back flankers next year - we don't have enough?

Sidey was very good as a run with mid, but looked like his time on the wing was up. Noble is gone. We were already down to playing Bytel on a wing.

Sure Hind might not be the right option, but we need to add someone ready to go. I'd be leaving a couple of free SSP spots for train on runners to compete over - unless we trade someone in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theyre too different types of players... Holmes can play multiple roles, Fins an inside slow mid.
I’ll rephrase my question.
Do you think Geelong would have developed Finn better than we have?
And similarly, do you think Max Holmes would have become an A grader had we drafted and developed him?

Just to further acknowledge Sr’s take on our needs I don’t know why we’d have any interest in Macrae. I’m not sure if those that are keen on him have been watching footy in 2024, but the two “weakest” midfields remaining in it looked by far the hottest teams on the weekend because they’re running game was so far ahead of the rest.

What made us the best in it last year was our ability to move the ball and our quality of flanker. All that Macrae adds is competition for Mitchell and dead cap space. Aside from Houston there aren’t many names being thrown around that will increase that flank profile so load up on draft picks, have a shy at the stumps for CJ or Walker, take a flier on a runner like Bice or the next Humphries and back in the likes of HDM and Parker.

Last edited:
Agree to some extent. But we should have won that Freo game and that Sydney game. Sure we won a few close ones but those two I felt should have gone our way. But yeah mostly injuries was a cause.

We lost the Freo game because of injuries. No one left on the bench and tried to close down the game. Didn’t work unfortunately but we had no choice.

Sydney was on the coaches, well up and decided to shut down too early. Cost us the game, had we kept playing as we were we prob wouldn’t win by 40.

No one would be talking about Rioli going there either if it wasn't for Jon Ralph trying to cheer lead multiple picks in Richmond's favour.
The proposed Ralph Richmond trades are laughable. Straight pick 6 for Rioli is what it should be. Same with his talk about 9 and 10 for Bolton. What a laugh. Straight swap for 9.

If they value Noble enough to offer 3yrs then pick 20 is fair because it’ll end up being pick 25.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back