List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it’s just a case of 12, they offer 26. We settle on 20. Fairly straightforward negotiations tbh
I won't be surprised if it's a bigger trade than that.

With where their academy kid is supposedly rated, GC are likely to trade some value into next year. If they hold 12 and 20 they'll probably move both of them.

Something like this could be possible:
Future first, Noble and 3rd rounders
12 and 20

I won't be surprised if it's a bigger trade than that.

With where their academy kid is supposedly rated, GC are likely to trade some value into next year. If they hold 12 and 20 they'll probably move both of them.

Something like this could happen:
Future first, Noble and 3rd rounders
12 and 20
I’d also do that. And I like the thinking.

This is why I, and many others, are not too fussed that Keane is staying at Adelaide:

"Keane played five matches for the Magpies after making his debut in 2020 but returned to Ireland in 2022, leaving the Magpies short a defender on the eve of the season."

From The Age.

This is why I, and many others, are not too fussed that Keane is staying at Adelaide:

"Keane played five matches for the Magpies after making his debut in 2020 but returned to Ireland in 2022, leaving the Magpies short a defender on the eve of the season."

From The Age.
100%

How many players will the Suns add? They've chopped 6 players, and will add 3 in Noble, Rioli and Lombard. Did they still have to cut their list down from the exception the AFL made for them whereby they could have a few more players on their list for a couple of years, or is that done?

Realistically Lombard probably goes top 10 which means any pick after then is expendable. If we tack on the right add-on, 12 isn't out of sight.

There was talk that Richmond may not use all of their top picks in this years draft but push them into 2025. Wonder if we can somehow exchange our F1 and they give us a 2024 first, might help us push up the draft board.

Thats if we dare to gamble with our F1
If its a reasonable pick (ie not a late first that will be pushed in to the 20’s) then it’s hardly a gamble at all, we’re just getting a first round selection to develop a year early.

Also... just read that post from the Mongrel Punt re: Blues' woes coming into 2025 and beyond.

I reckon Lewis Young would absolutely be a great addition if we could find a way to make it. Agile, tall and a good interceptor. We could do with a little sharpening up in our defence height-wise.

Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane. A genuine battler at AFL level.

How many players will the Suns add? They've chopped 6 players, and will add 3 in Noble, Rioli and Lombard. Did they still have to cut their list down from the exception the AFL made for them whereby they could have a few more players on their list for a couple of years, or is that done?

Realistically Lombard probably goes top 10 which means any pick after then is expendable. If we tack on the right add-on, 12 isn't out of sight.
Yeah they had to cut their list, which is why they have delisted 6
Prob just noble and Rioli
Lombard in the draft and upgrade 2 rookies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's far better than us asking if pick 26 would be OK.
Go for it Leppa!
I’m actually retracting that we’ll never get 12. We won’t for Noble alone, but with some savvy pick swaps it could be a mutually beneficial trade for both clubs.

It is great recruiting and management by the Hawks that they have young players not on high salary. IIRC only Sicily was on the list of AFL top 100 salaries. They reportedly have no back ended contracts. Their older players are on low year to year contracts, They can afford to throw $$$ at FA. They are a destination club for several years. However they have had a one good year out of the past 9 so lets wait to see what happens b4 we claim they will dominate for years. Geelong is attractive for different reasons. Geelong is a mecca if you love golf, surfing or country. It takes 30 mins from Anglesea to Kardinia Park. It takes longer coming from Essendon to CBD 9kms away. New homes on good blocks down here are significantly cheaper than Melbourne. A very well run club and a tightly managed salary cap and a very wide recruiting network. They will not dominate for long if at all

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Their kids are on nothing because they're all in the infancy of their careers.

Let's wait and see what happens in 2-3 years when they're all seeking more coin.

There was talk that Richmond may not use all of their top picks in this years draft but push them into 2025. Wonder if we can somehow exchange our F1 and they give us a 2024 first, might help us push up the draft board.

Thats if we dare to gamble with our F1
Pick 5 could deliver both Whitlock boys.

I’ll rephrase my question.
Do you think Geelong would have developed Finn better than we have?
And similarly, do you think Max Holmes would have become an A grader had we drafted and developed him?

Worth listening to Eddie talk about Holmes on his podcast this week, as he played junior Footy at Eddie's local club.

Says Holmes is just replicating the kind of Footy he played during his junior career. He's got the elite combo of speed, power and endurance. Knows where the footy is as well.

Pick 5 could deliver both Whitlock boys.
Can you imagine if we find a way to get both. But neither are in the top 10, so you could get both with say pick 12 and maybe one around pick 20/25
Jack is more higher rated one.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back