List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

GC can always downgrade 12 to pick 15-16 . Use those extra picks towards its academy players and on trade the new pick to us for Noble.

Bevo is a nut but one of the things he's got right was phasing Macrae out of the midfield, and unfortunately Jack isn't of great use elsewhere. The game doesn't have a lot of space for slow one-dimensional midfielders unless they're elite ball winners and/or distributors. That area of the game has gone past Jack.

Macrae was still getting plenty of it.

The Dogs had another failure of a season.

They're deadset nuts to keep Bevo on.

Can you imagine if we find a way to get both. But neither are in the top 10, so you could get both with say pick 12 and maybe one around pick 20/25
Jack is more higher rated one.
I’m always keen on young talent. Even moreso with Nick - don’t won’t him playing his career out with only the odd final.

Our FD have a very challenging task over the next four years. We wish them well with the recruiting and developing of players.

I won't be surprised if it's a bigger trade than that.

With where their academy kid is supposedly rated, GC are likely to trade some value into next year. If they hold 12 and 20 they'll probably move both of them.

Something like this could be possible:
Future first, Noble and 3rd rounders
12 and 20
sold-ray.gif

Jesus, I didn't know he was 30.

I can't see it working for us from a trade and cap perspective, even if you could get your head around how he fits in the best 22.

He looks like a prime candidate for North.

Watching him on the weekend, he's a shadow of the player he once was and the slide has been happing for a couple of years now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But spookily it comes before the first pick of the second round.

Either way, we'll have to pay more than Noble to get it if this draft is as deep as everyone says.

Not sure if people are serious about a straight swap of Noble or just setting up to complain about our trading.

It doesn't in a nominal untouched draft.

Only after concessions or priority picks is pick 20 a technical "first rounder".

We're really, truly, outstandingly bad at deathriding future first round picks so I reckon it's a hard pass on that one.
"We've tried it 17 times before and always failed"

"Ah, but they will never expect it an 18th time!"

There’s no death riding. We won’t need it with McGuane. Trading into this year and getting a full 12months development is the better play

Just need to have someone not named Derek Hine make the pick.

So reading the rumors are we any chance of:
Noble hawks 2nd pick and a 2024 3rd rounder for 12
Future 1st for Sydney’s 2 early picks probably our future 3rd included
Richards and other 2024 3rd for port future second. Gives us 3 top 25 picks this year and 2 seconds next year for points

I won't be surprised if it's a bigger trade than that.

With where their academy kid is supposedly rated, GC are likely to trade some value into next year. If they hold 12 and 20 they'll probably move both of them.

Something like this could be possible:
Future first, Noble and 3rd rounders
12 and 20
They still need to trade for Rioli. Tigers are supposedly asking for 2 first round picks. Not that he is worth anywhere near that. I think your scenario is ripping off the Suns a bit. In fact if we got pick 20 for JFN I’d be chuffed.

They still need to trade for Rioli. Tigers are supposedly asking for 2 first round picks. Not that he is worth anywhere near that. I think your scenario is ripping off the Suns big time. In fact if we got pick 20 for JFN I’d be chuffed.
Pick 12 for Noble and a second rounder is fair. Schultz cost us pick 10!!!

There’s no death riding. We won’t need it with McGuane. Trading into this year and getting a full 12months development is the better play
Why don't we hold on to our F1 until we know roughly where it will fall, and where McGuane is realistically going to be rated closer to his draft? Then we can trade it out if it falls after where McGuane is projected to go.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back