List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 12 for Noble and a second rounder is fair. Schultz cost us pick 10!!!
If he was coming to us instead of leaving us, would you still say that? We got ripped off on the Schultz deal. You can’t use that as a fair guide.

Why don't we hold on to our F1 until we know roughly where it will fall, and where McGuane is realistically going to be rated closer to his draft? Then we can trade it out if it falls after where McGuane is projected to go.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Exactly. Other teams will be more desperate to trade for it when they can see exactly which player they can obtain with it.

Worth listening to Eddie talk about Holmes on his podcast this week, as he played junior Footy at Eddie's local club.

Says Holmes is just replicating the kind of Footy he played during his junior career. He's got the elite combo of speed, power and endurance. Knows where the footy is as well.
Sounds a bit like Ed Allan.

The proposed Ralph Richmond trades are laughable. Straight pick 6 for Rioli is what it should be. Same with his talk about 9 and 10 for Bolton. What a laugh. Straight swap for 9.

If they value Noble enough to offer 3yrs then pick 20 is fair because it’ll end up being pick 25.
Rioli ain’t worth pick 6.

Ive just reviewed every draft since 2005 when we drafted Pendelbury. I based it off 50 games played as an absolute minimum. The results are shocking.
2005, 9 in, 3 played over 50 games(33%)
2006, 10 in, 8 played over 50 games (80%)
2007, 6 in, 0 played over 50 games (0%)
2008, 11 in, 4 played over 50 games (34%)
2009, 8 in, 4 played over 50 games (50%)
2010, 14 in, 1 played over 50 games (7%)
2011, 10 in, 2 played over 50 games (20%)
2012, 13 in, 2 played over 50 games (20%)
2013, 8 in, 3 played over 50 games (37%)
2014, 10 in, 7 played over 50 games (70%)
2015, 10 in, 4 played over 50 games (40%)
2016, 12 in, 4 played over 50 games (33%)
2017, 7 in, 4 played over 50 games (43%)
2018, 9 in, 3 played over 50 games (33%)
2019, 4 in, 1 played over 50 games (25%)
2020, 10 in, 1 played over 50 games (10%)
2021, 8 in, 2 played over 50 games (25%)

The scary reading is how many never played 1 game!!! If i was running a business that strike rate would mean recruiters would be sacked.

They still need to trade for Rioli. Tigers are supposedly asking for 2 first round picks. Not that he is worth anywhere near that. I think your scenario is ripping off the Suns a bit. In fact if we got pick 20 for JFN I’d be chuffed.
I dont think they'd go for it either.
They won't trade that pick 12 in the rioli deal. They'll be selling it and by the sounds of the draft they'll get some very good offers for it. Our first and enough academy points might get is onto the conversation. But Noble isn't worth pick 20 in a strong draft.

Why don't we hold on to our F1 until we know roughly where it will fall, and where McGuane is realistically going to be rated closer to his draft? Then we can trade it out if it falls after where McGuane is projected to go.

I agree to a certain extent.
I think it depends on how much we want to get back into this year's draft, given that's supposed to be a deep draft with plenty of quality options, especially in the talls, which we need.
If we trade for a 1st this year, we will still be able to trade draft picks from 2026 into 2025.

Ive just reviewed every draft since 2005 when we drafted Pendelbury. I based it off 50 games played as an absolute minimum. The results are shocking.
2005, 9 in, 3 played over 50 games(33%)
2006, 10 in, 8 played over 50 games (80%)
2007, 6 in, 0 played over 50 games (0%)
2008, 11 in, 4 played over 50 games (34%)
2009, 8 in, 4 played over 50 games (50%)
2010, 14 in, 1 played over 50 games (7%)
2011, 10 in, 2 played over 50 games (20%)
2012, 13 in, 2 played over 50 games (20%)
2013, 8 in, 3 played over 50 games (37%)
2014, 10 in, 7 played over 50 games (70%)
2015, 10 in, 4 played over 50 games (40%)
2016, 12 in, 4 played over 50 games (33%)
2017, 7 in, 4 played over 50 games (43%)
2018, 9 in, 3 played over 50 games (33%)
2019, 4 in, 1 played over 50 games (25%)
2020, 10 in, 1 played over 50 games (10%)
2021, 8 in, 2 played over 50 games (25%)

The scary reading is how many never played 1 game!!! If i was running a business that strike rate would mean recruiters would be sacked.
I know a certain someone who will ask you to provide the same analysis of all other clubs to prove your point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The advantage of trading it into this draft is that it's supposedly a strong draft. And if we get a player from it we may get the player 2 years earlier, which wouldn't normally worry me, but could be important in our list position.

I know a certain someone who will ask you to provide the same analysis of all other clubs to prove the your point.
They are prob just as bad but i only wanted to look at the Pies. Based on that strike rate you have to ask if the current recruiters are doing a good job? To have so many play 0 games is daming.

I dont think they'd go for it either.
They won't trade that pick 12 in the rioli deal. They'll be selling it and by the sounds of the draft they'll get some very good offers for it. Our first and enough academy points might get is onto the conversation. But Noble isn't worth pick 20 in a strong draft.
Market value is dependant on how a club values what a player brings to the table. If GC are targeting a contracted player that a club would prefer to keep, because they put a high value what he would bring to their club, then they would probably feel that pick 20 is perfectly reasonable, particularly given it would be eaten away by their academy bid anyway.

Of all the clubs in this years trade period I’d say GC will value their early picks the least. They’re at a point now where they need to bring in established talent to compliment their high end draftees, not keep bringing in kids who get stuck in the twos and then get traded out for a pittance. IMO getting their deals done will take priority over haggling for the best value they can get, and they’ll pay overs if necessary.

lads I know nothing about the draft. Who are we spending pick 12 on?
Definitely a late blooming, bloke born in November or December with a basketball or cricket background who has speed and is on no ones draft board. Probably a half back flanker or maybe for a bit of variety a half forward flanker.

The advantage of trading it into this draft is that it's supposedly a strong draft. And if we get a player from it we may get the player 2 years earlier, which wouldn't normally worry me, but could be important in our list position.
It amazes me how much development cost is lost on people. Especially if it’s a tall we get. Next years first if we kept it would likely then be traded for picks in 26.. and then tassie concessions are coming.

By all reports this draft bats deep. Perhaps a top 10 in a normal draft is a top 15, or even 20 this year

If he was coming to us instead of leaving us, would you still say that? We got ripped off on the Schultz deal. You can’t use that as a fair guide.
No I wouldn’t, but we make a lot of these trades where we are worse off! Ginivan, Henry (although I get it enabled Mitchell and a premiership), Grundy, Treloar, Stephenson (we held on until he was untradeable), Witts…we have had some wins, but I’d argue in the example that of Cameron he wasn’t an obvious gun when he came to us. We made him in a way.

We pay more and receive less, why can’t we be on the winning side for once.

The OP was a pick in the 30’s for Noble that is not fair either. A pick in the early 20’s would be par. He has a lot of really good attributes.

No I wouldn’t, but we make a lot of these trades where we are worse off! Ginivan, Henry (although I get it enabled Mitchell and a premiership), Grundy, Treloar, Stephenson (we held on until he was untradeable), Witts…we have had some wins, but I’d argue in the example that of Cameron he wasn’t an obvious gun when he came to us. We made him in a way.

The OP was a pick in the 30’s for Noble that is not fair either. A pick in the early 20’s would be par. He has a lot of really good attributes.
Let's just maybe give Leppitsch a chance in his new role, hey?

It amazes me how much development cost is lost on people. Next years first if we kept it would likely then be traded for picks in 26.. and then tassie concessions are coming.

By all reports this draft bats deep. Perhaps a top 10 in a normal draft is a top 15, or even 20 this year
TBH, I don't usually think development cost matters. The gap beaten a hit and a miss is so large that quibbling over getting it earlier isn't significant - Pendles would only be in his 18th season ... But with us at the moment - getting new players in earlier could be the difference between competing or being shite in two years time.

IMG_0619.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back