List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

“Josh Daicos and Houston attended high school together and featured for the Oakleigh Chargers throughout their junior years, which could play a role in the negotiations.”
I'd much rather we put our energy into getting Houston than Jake the unfit, lazy one.

Last edited:
“Josh Daicos and Houston attended high school together and featured for the Oakleigh Chargers throughout their junior years, which could play a role in the negotiations.”
Houston is best mates with Jack Silvani and was in his wedding party.
By all reports, its where he wants to get to
Although, he has connections to st kilda, who can get a deal done

As much as I dislike the dude, Stringer would be a good get for us. Just need him focused and bought into the culture as his last contract of his career and you’d get great output forward of the ball with stints in the middle.

If you remember, in our draw vs Essendon he was a huge reason why we could not get our hands on the ball on the inside and ended up with a game high 8 clearances from playing only half the game in there (6 centre clearances!). It’s what we need when our midfield mix is getting a bit stale or over reliant on Nick to win the clearance through smarts and speed as it’s been this year.

Houston is best mates with Jack Silvani and was in his wedding party.
By all reports, its where he wants to get to
Although, he has connections to st kilda, who can get a deal done

Unfortunately that would be a very good get from Carlton. Half their issues are their inability to be creative off half back. Saad is predictable and there’s not much else. It was joyfully obvious last weekend as they kept taking ages to rebound and going to 50/50 options at best.

Wonder if we can get creative and pay part of Houston’s salary at St Kilda so he doesn’t end up at Carlton (joking).

I wouldn’t mind us throwing our hat in the ring for Houston but the lack of noise around us as a suitor indicates we’re too late to that party or have conceded we won’t have or won’t want to pay the capital.

Unfortunately that would be a very good get from Carlton. Half their issues are their inability to be creative off half back. Saad is predictable and there’s not much else. It was joyfully obvious last weekend as they kept taking ages to rebound and going to 50/50 options at best.

Wonder if we can get creative and pay part of Houston’s salary at St Kilda so he doesn’t end up at Carlton (joking).

I wouldn’t mind us throwing our hat in the ring for Houston but the lack of noise around us as a suitor indicates we’re too late to that party or have conceded we won’t have or won’t want to pay the capital.
We've had a chat to him, but seems its either Carlton or St kilda at this stage.
I mea sure, if we end up getting pick 12, we could give that to them and a F1, but.. I'd rather take it to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've had a chat to him, but seems its either Carlton or St kilda at this stage.
I mea sure, if we end up getting pick 12, we could give that to them and a F1, but.. I'd rather take it to the draft.

I’d aim to keep one of these theoretical first rounders by trying to package a pick with Richard’s but that’s be a tough negotiation.

Houston is the best in the game in his role and position.

As much as I dislike the dude, Stringer would be a good get for us. Just need him focused and bought into the culture as his last contract of his career and you’d get great output forward of the ball with stints in the middle.

If you remember, in our draw vs Essendon he was a huge reason why we could not get our hands on the ball on the inside and ended up with a game high 8 clearances from playing only half the game in there (6 centre clearances!). It’s what we need when our midfield mix is getting a bit stale or over reliant on Nick to win the clearance through smarts and speed as it’s been this year.

he's an enigmatic match winner. they don't grow on trees.

Not sure I’d compare him to those two. Doesn’t quite have that level of athleticism to roam up the ground.

The best I could come up with is someone like Josh Kennedy, maybe Tom Lynch (although I think that’s more Sims - who I really like a later option)

Ah k thanks, I was just going off his highlights which he looked quite mobile in limited Footage.

Josh Kennedy would be a very handy in our team to so still happy with that.

There are a list of reasons I wouldn’t want Stringer anywhere near my football club, and questions about on-field consistency is way down the order.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back