List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard that Perryman chat from Edmund on SEN live today and I'm surprised it took this long for it to his this thread!
Having read the last 20 or so pages of the trade thread, I’d take any actual news atm.

The stringer talk for some reason gave me flash backs to the dermie trade as a kid. 😂

I’d be happy if the Pies were able to pick up Stringer for a 3rd rounder for 2 years and a trigger for a third year at around $500-550k per year. He’d fit in well in our forward line and can run through the midfield at times. He’s 192 cm (same height as Checkers). Explosive and a proven match winner on his day. Can perform in big matches - see ANZAC Day game this year. He played every game this year and kicked 42 goals - our highest goalkicker was Bobby with just 30 goals. Our window is open right now and Stringer could help us snag a flag in the next 2 years before the window closes and the rebuild begins.
Bobby, Schulz and Richards (hopefully Joe stays) at the feet of Checkers, McStay and Stringer is a strong and dangerous forward line. Add Beau, Jamie and DeGoey in the mix and it bats deep and has a good mix of talls, mediums and smalls with strong defensive pressure. A lot to like

You're a tough marker! I think he'd be a good addition to our back six as he'd free up Quaynor to rebound more. Having said that, an intercepting defender is a need.
I don’t think Quaynor needs freeing up to rebound more. What we need is actually rebounders so Quaynor can okay on the oppositions best smalls.

Last edited:
Heard that Perryman chat from Edmund on SEN live today and I'm surprised it took this long for it to his this thread!

Seems really unrealistic, Port have 6 year offer infront of him.

Houston is 100% gone.

He wants midfield minutes from reports?

‘Good player’ is short for ‘good team player’. Anyone worth their salt make their team better through their mere presence around the club, at training and in games. Senior players make their club a contender.

Mainly why I’m not that keen on him. He is one of the very best at capitalising on the hard work of others but isn’t a leaders butthole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd prob have to be wary how many more 30+ players we can add to our already 9, 30 and older players we already have.

Exactly right! That’s precisely why we should he going flat-out for Peatling and Davies. They’re exactly what we need as the old blokes transition out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Noble, our picks 48 and 50 for pick 12. Values noble at about pick 25
If we are making a play for Houston which is likely with Leppa’s request for GC pick 12 this year. I can see us taking Suns pick 12 this year as a direct swap for our F1 next year and then pick 20 for Noble .
Port have said only this years picks will do and not interested in future picks
Win for GC as they need picks / points for next years 5 x AA academy kids .
Pies will trade out F1 anyway with Thomas next year.
Pie gain Houston / and Stringer whilst losing Noble F1 and pick 34 for Stringer.
Stringer signs for 2 yrs at $525k

GC trade Lukosius to Crows for F1 now that Mac has signed for silly money thus giving the Suns 3 x F1 in 2025 to control the draft.

Let’s not forget the little clause in the Suns academy bidding . Finish outside the top 8 and they can match every player bid. Finish in the top 8 and they are only allowed to match 2 academy kids and finish top 4 and they can only match 1 academy player.

If we are making a play for Houston which is likely with Leppa’s request for GC pick 12 this year. I can see us taking Suns pick 12 this year as a direct swap for our F1 next year and then pick 20 for Noble .
Port have said only this years picks will do and not interested in future picks
Win for GC as they need picks / points for next years 5 x AA academy kids .
Pies will trade out F1 anyway with Thomas next year.
Pie gain Houston / and Stringer whilst losing Noble F1 and pick 34 for Stringer.
Stringer signs for 2 yrs at $525k

GC trade Lukosius to Crows for F1 now that Mac has signed for silly money thus giving the Suns 3 x F1 in 2025 to control the draft.

Let’s not forget the little clause in the Suns academy bidding . Finish outside the top 8 and they can match every player bid. Finish in the top 8 and they are only allowed to match 2 academy kids and finish top 4 and they can only match 1 academy player.
Apparantely that request for pick 12 was not true, according to Sam Edmund.
Think we'll still aim for pick 20, which hopefully comes to fruition, it'll end up around mid 20's as it is with bids.

In terms of suns academy kids, soon they wont be able to get them all.
They have 4 players in the U17 futures game, maybe 5 if you include Kalini White who has a decision to make next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back