List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate what are you doing??
You’re not helping Leppa negotiate with those facts!
Hahaha true.

Tbh I find it fascinating that Fly is interested. Fly and Stringer seem like polar opposites. Stringer doesn't really exhibit the traits of a winner? Its not like he is close mates with any of our playing group?

But Fly has more than earned the right to be trusted,

We already have the oldest list in the comp by quite a margin and yet by the way trade period is shaping up, our age margin is going to get even larger in 2025. It’s extraordinary.

Our list in going to go completely over the cliff in 2026 and then we’ll be trying to rebuild in drafts dominated by Tassie. It’s gonna get very ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Whisper is they made trade Cerra
Cerra is interesting. At Freo he was a gun young mid that was never injured. At Carlton he is constantly doing soft tissue injuries but the Blues have a terrible record injury wise as a club. It makes me think he’s been mismanaged by a sub par fitness team.
I’d like to know how he’d go with Wade and co looking after him. I’m tipping we’d see more of the Cerra from his Freo days.
If he’s on decent coin around $800k, could he be prised out cheaply if they need cap space for Houston?
A fit Cerra would fill a midfield need for the Pies and he’s 24yrs old.

This is mostly my thinking as well assuming we can get a good healthy season out of him

A committed and fit Stringer combined/rotating with a fit De Goey would be a pretty frightening prospect for 17 other sides
The knock on him is he’s fat and lazy - apologies to Beeg, Igniter and anyone else I offend as these are Bombers fans words not mine.
A change of club is a fresh start and you’re almost guaranteed a honeymoon period. He kicked 42 goals this year and by all accounts he hasn’t been happy with his pending contract extension for one year on very average money. If he applied himself just 10% more in his training and preparation, then imagine what we may get on field from him.

Last edited:
Tom Morris mentioned on SEN the Sally Capp is going up to around 18 million next year and clubs have money to burn.

In terms of Cerra let Carlton keep him and his big contract.
That’s common knowledge hence deals like the one Andrew received becoming the standard for decent KPP’s moving forward. We’re only a few years from the first $2m player.

The knock on him is he’s fat and lazy - apologies to Beeg, Igniter and anyone else I offend as these are Bombers fans words not mine.
A change of club is a fresh start and you’re almost guaranteed a honeymoon period. He kicked 42 goals this year and by all accounts he hasn’t been happy with his pending contract extension for one year on very average money. If he applied himself just 10% more in his training and preparation, then imagine what we may get on field.
If McCrae wants Stringer, then I’m onboard with the decision. No doubt that he would get fitter with us.

That’s common knowledge hence deals like the one Andrew received becoming the standard for decent KPP’s moving forward. We’re only a few years from the first $2m player.
We’re lucky Nick isn’t a greedy bastard, because he could already be there.

Get on the Owies train fonz, he's the equal of any of our small forwards. He can push up to the wings also and is fast and can take a grab. Applies plenty of pressure too and hits the scoreboard better than any of our small forwards.
Yep, can't stand him at Carlolton but feel he would be great if he were on your team.

Pretty reliable set shot too, can't be bad thing.

He is an igniter and pest, we need more of these.

Think Ginni without the bulshit factor.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A change of club is a fresh start and you’re almost guaranteed a honeymoon period. He kicked 42 goals this year and by all accounts he hasn’t been happy with his pending contract extension for one year on very average money. If he applied himself just 10% more in his training and preparation, then imagine what we may get on field.

In the same way we got Jordy focused and fit, I would like to believe we could do the same for Jake should we lure him across

Remains to be seen. On both counts

We’re lucky Nick isn’t a greedy bastard, because he could already be there.
If it is true the cap is rising 80% next season, I’m sure Nick’s contract will have that increase built in to it. Not sure if players have it proportionately linked, but you would expect they will participate in the increase.

Can we please just use F1, players and other picks to grab at least 2x top 20 2024?

Everything else I couldn’t care less about
No one will want to trade out of top 20 except possibly Suns at 12 and Lions at 14. We should be targeting either of those picks
I would use it on the best young key position player. Not sure Houston is a real need as a flanker

Why are talking as if he isn't capable of doing a 40 goal season when he has shown he is capable of it multiple times in the past.

He's broken 40 goals 4 times in his career with his best year at Dogs kicking 56 goals.

He isn't coming off a poor season, no reported major injuries, but also has some flaws.

If we are only giving up 400k for 2 or 3 seasons and a 3rd rounder for him why wouldn't you do it?
his goal tally for the last 5 years: 15, 41, 25, 21, 42..

And that stat says it all. For every good season, there is a sub par season. He is often injured in those sub par seasons, injured cause his attitude and prep isn’t at a high level. He has the talent to be the GOAT, but he is the very definition of unreliable.

Yup, if cheap, I can see the appeal, but I’m very very wary.

A nil all draw or high scoring draw?
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

We already have the oldest list in the comp by quite a margin and yet by the way trade period is shaping up, our age margin is going to get even larger in 2025. It’s extraordinary.

Our list in going to go completely over the cliff in 2026 and then we’ll be trying to rebuild in drafts dominated by Tassie. It’s gonna get very ugly.

This is my concern too

I'm trying to rationalise it in my head by assuming we have a plan to go hard at restricted free agents next year after Pendles, Sidey, Howe, Cox, Checkers and god knows who else retires.

If you look at the Restricted Free Agents for next year, it's a very good list (Last I checked).

So maybe the plan is to add Thomas McGuane as the gun kid alongside 3 or 4 gun restricted free agents?

Also, what are the chances we did ask for Pick 12 (with some swaps) for Noble, but we've told some journalists that we haven't, just to temper our expectations a little bit in case we get an average return?

I reckon we have a bit of a history - at least on BigFooty - of expecting a certain value, then getting hyped up to thinking we have a chance of a nice pick, only to get the original pick we expected and then getting sad. Taylor Adams the most recent example.

No one will want to trade out of top 20 except possibly Suns at 12 and Lions at 14. We should be targeting either of those picks
I would use it on the best young key position player. Not sure Houston is a real need as a flanker
Yeah, nah. I ain't waiting 4 years for a speculative KPP to develop. If we had a top 5 pick maybe but there's no outstanding KPP around pick 12 or 14, I'd rather use that pick on a a gun midfield prospect

This as an issue is dependent on the number and quality of draftees. If we bring in say 4 in the top 40 and cut the likes of Sullivan, Bytel and lose both Noble and Richards then we will be younger in 2025.

What really matters is age of best 23 and performance. Your best 23 could have an average age of 30, but if they’re still performing it’s not an issue. The problem is it’s not an issue until it is and right now we don’t have enough underneath to confidently navigate it, but that can turn quickly. If we have two quick hits from this off-season then get internal additions to the best 23 from Parker, HDM and Allan then we’ve found 5 very quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back