List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Nil all draw = no trades being done. Noble stays.

High scoring draw - means trades happen but overall results of the movement is Nil.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America
-

Also, what are the chances we did ask for Pick 12 (with some swaps) for Noble, but we've told some journalists that we haven't, just to temper our expectations a little bit in case we get an average return?

I reckon we have a bit of a history - at least on BigFooty - of expecting a certain value, then getting hyped up to thinking we have a chance of a nice pick, only to get the original pick we expected and then getting sad. Taylor Adams the most recent example.
Edmund loves rubbing a negative story in our faces. The Treloar trade was his ultimate grub phase so I expect this to be “true”.

I’d say it’s likely his info has come from GC because he quoted contract numbers. I’d also assume GC said straight up Noble for 12 isn’t happening and that we haven’t discussed anything yet.

No one will want to trade out of top 20 except possibly Suns at 12 and Lions at 14. We should be targeting either of those picks
I would use it on the best young key position player. Not sure Houston is a real need as a flanker
Yes and Richmond might want to trade out 1-2 picks into 2025 depending on what draft hand they have after trade period

Nil all draw = no trades being done. Noble stays.

High scoring draw - means trades happen but overall results of the movement is Nil.

-
How is that remotely relevant to my post on what the salary cap is doing next year?

Anyway high scoring draw Noble’s gone. The game in 2024 doesn’t allow for teams to sit on their hands anymore and we need to be in this draft because of our list profile.

How is that remotely relevant to my post on what the salary cap is doing next year?

Anyway high scoring draw Noble’s gone. The game in 2024 doesn’t allow for teams to sit on their hands anymore and we need to be in this draft because of our list profile.

Agree , we cant wait another 12 months to inject into areas of positions required coupled as importantly with the age demographic. Believe we can turn it around in a 24 month period , it just needs to be acted on sooner than later

We already have the oldest list in the comp by quite a margin and yet by the way trade period is shaping up, our age margin is going to get even larger in 2025. It’s extraordinary.

Our list in going to go completely over the cliff in 2026 and then we’ll be trying to rebuild in drafts dominated by Tassie. It’s gonna get very ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Facts suggest you are wrong in saying we are the “oldest by a fair margin.”

Turning 29 or over in 2025.
Melb - 18
Geel Coll - 13
Carl - 12
BNE, Swans,GWS - 11
Even Freo who are considered a young list have 10.
So we are not as bad as you think.

What's our general consensus as to what Noble's wage would've been for 2025 and 2026? Like what sort of "unforeseeable" salary are we actually shedding?

It just makes so much sense to lose a rebounding HBF and have a dual AA (Houston) wanting to come to Victoria... from a club that has already expressed interest in one of our players (Richards). I really hope he nominates us and we can make it work.

We already have the oldest list in the comp by quite a margin and yet by the way trade period is shaping up, our age margin is going to get even larger in 2025. It’s extraordinary.

Our list in going to go completely over the cliff in 2026 and then we’ll be trying to rebuild in drafts dominated by Tassie. It’s gonna get very ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We have shown we have a list that with minor tweaking can win a flag right now. Why would we sacrifice this current opportunity out of fear for what the list could be years from now? Flags are really hard to come by. I'm more than comfortable trying to win one now than trying to build a list that could win one 5 years from now.

Melb - 18
Geel Coll - 13
Carl - 12
BNE, Swans,GWS - 11
Lucky was saying the same things in 21. Things turned out ok

I'm a bit torn. Add Houston and Stringer and it's game on - big time. But we do also need to hit the draft and this sounds like the draft to do it.
I don’t want Houston. As good as he is. Think they’d ask to much. And we get one season with him then “click” he’s 29 and we are already complaining about his age. That’s just me. Id take stringer cheaply though.

I think we should hit the draft 100% with McGuane next year giving us that chance

We have shown we have a list that with minor tweaking can win a flag right now. Why would we sacrifice this current opportunity out of fear for what the list could be years from now? Flags are really hard to come by. I'm more than comfortable trying to win one now than trying to build a list that could win one 5 years from now.
I think in the current trade climate you can have a crack at both if you've got the cap space. 30+ blokes are cheap in trade - top up with them, keeping a lot of your draft hand to target the future. Don't pay up for the 25-28 year olds who cost a bomb - like Houston will or Schultz did. Use the picks for younger guys - either in the draft or trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think in the current trade climate you can have a crack at both if you've got the cap space. 30+ blokes are cheap in trade - top up with them, keeping a lot of your draft hand to target the future. Don't pay up for the 25-28 year olds who cost a bomb - like Houston will or Schultz did. Use the picks for younger guys - either in the draft or trade.
Def best to try and focus on the 25-28yr old free agents 100%

Yeah. Our premiership side had only 2 players we drafted in the second round, Maynard (30) and Murphy (39). We had 8 that were part of trades. The rest were either top 10 picks, late draftees, rookies and one SSP. Given our hit rate, we should be trading out picks 18-40 for players every year.

Exactly. We don’t need to sacrifice our future.

Melb - 18
Geel Coll - 13
Carl - 12
BNE, Swans,GWS - 11
The one difference could be that we still rely on most of our older players to be in our best 6 each week

The one difference could be that we still rely on most of our older players to be in our best 6 each week
30 is the new 20 anyway. And we all know that Pendles is Dunedain and will play for another 200 years at least.

He’s a solid enough player. The media are running with offers of 6 years from rival clubs, however. That’s a long commitment to a solid player and I’m sure it wouldn’t be a below average wage.
I think it's Port Adelaide who has offered him six years. If I were Harry Perryman I'd take that but as a football club I'd be wary of signing a player for that long.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back