List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a KPD should be our priority. We need to trust Ed, Fin or Ned to help JDG, Naicos, Crisp, Pendles & Titch in the midfield.

I’m actually all for Nick Haynes. Yes, he’s old. However, he could play a great alongside Howe & Moore.

Seems like he’s heading to Bluez.

Haynes is far from a KPD. What he is though is totally cooked as an AFL player.

If we got Macrae and Stringer cheap, it may help the younger guys coming through. There's a huge gap between our oldies and youngies, these two will plug a small gap for a couple of years whilst the youngies, Allan, HDM, HH (missing 2025), Jiath, even Daicos develop. Between them they would bring in over 450 games experiece (249 and 212, 400+ goals). If we lose Pendles, Sidey and Howe next year, you're looking at losing over 1000 games experience. Which is nuts if you think about it.
We have thin pickings depth wise, Jack and Jake might be a good stop gap.
Having said all that, Stringer is almost identical to Mihocek height and weight wise, although I reckon the stats lie a little about Jakey boy. We need a KPF unless we think Smit or Eyre are the answer.
I try and see everything from all sides, ultimately I want team success.
Bussie, when you say cheap, are you talking about trade value or $$$? Because Macrae is still contracted for the next 3 years at around $700k. Bulldogs have stated he will only go for the right price

Unfortunately Daniher also qualifies because he saves his best footy for playing against us. That has to be an attribute for getting on the punchable head list. And annoying footballers generally, whom I don’t like, and don’t need to justify why (although I’m not condoning violence…)
As I told my longtime Bomber supporting mate around 5.30pm on Sept 30th last year, the Danihers are now 0-4 against the Pies in Grand Finals. ;)

Unfortunately Daniher also qualifies because he saves his best footy for playing against us. That has to be an attribute for getting on the punchable head list. And annoying footballers generally, whom I don’t like, and don’t need to justify why (although I’m not condoning violence…)
It's a good point. The desire to punch opposition players in the head is too innate and visceral to analyse. I yearn for the good old days when we kept it simple and it was everyone who wasn't wearing black and white stripes.

It's a good point. The desire to punch opposition players in the head is too innate and visceral to analyse. I yearn for the good old days when we kept it simple and it was everyone who wasn't wearing black and white stripes.
You lost me at visceral. Is that how they measure the thickness of oils?

Bussie, when you say cheap, are you talking about trade value or $$$? Because Macrae is still contracted for the next 3 years at around $700k. Bulldogs have stated he will only go for the right price
As in come to us with a first round pick?

He is not in their best 22. I would not bring him on for 700k. Although we would get more games out of him than Mitchell.

Great news! I just got word from ebay that the Stringer deal will drop some time day.

Your package will be delivered between 9am and 5pm.
Jokes aside, don’t mind this if he comes for free. It’s a gamble, best minimise exposure. With his lack of conditioning you won’t get more than 12 games out of him.

Jokes aside, don’t mind this if he comes for free. It’s a gamble, best minimise exposure. With his lack of conditioning you won’t get more than 12 games out of him.
He played 23 this year. And has played more than 12 in all but one of his last 11 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can scratch out one name for 2025 soon

WEST Coast is working through the process of tying down its key forwards of the future, with talented duo Oscar Allen and Jake Waterman both in talks around long-term extensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stand corrected, just hope at 31 his perceived lack of professionalism doesn’t catch up with him! He’ll be required to defend more aggresively for us!
If it helps, stringer had 8 less tackles than McCreery for the year. I find it hard to believe that stringer doesn't apply pressure or he wouldn't get a game

Can scratch out one name for 2025 soon

WEST Coast is working through the process of tying down its key forwards of the future, with talented duo Oscar Allen and Jake Waterman both in talks around long-term extensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen was never Leaving

If it helps, stringer had 8 less tackles than McCreery for the year. I find it hard to believe that stringer doesn't apply pressure or he wouldn't get a game
He had a 10 tackle game against Freo this year. If you were worried about pressure - only one ruck with Stringer replacing Cox in the forward line would increase our defensive pressure. McStay to chop out in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back