List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston: he's good and would be pleased if we got him, but prefer we don't if the cost is two FRP. Need younger players in that case. Give up a player of similar age or older and I'm on board - maybe one FRP max. Ideally, any earlyish picks or young players we lose should be replaced by picks or young players.

Stringer: fits well as a player, especially as De Goey misses too many games. Lack of work rate, on field at least, is exaggerated. You'd think first year at a new club that he brings his best effort. Don't like him, but it makes sense, improving two areas of weakness: forward target and goal kicker, plus power mid

I cant remember who it was on Mike Sheehan's show on Fox years ago who highlighted this. We had greed on $$$ and terms. The committee then felt that it was too much money for Quinlan who they felt was getting on 26/27 and tried to reduce $$$. Quinlan said no on principle. He then went to Fitzroy where he played 189 games, kicked 576 goals and won a Brownlow. 12 months later we paid a fortune for Allan Edwards a CHF who had done his knee during the year and was NQR. He played 30 odd games for us over 5 years

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
In the days where all it took was a signature, rather than draft picks etc, that is just criminally inept. Same with Lockett. Wasn't it suggested that we didn't need him because we had Mark Richardson. :eek:

He is out of favour? Wow. I just presumed he must be injured.
I believe his season just stalled following the suspension because he hasn’t been injured.

Following the suspension he broke back in for a month, kicked 2 goals in that time, was then outside the seniors for 8 weeks, recalled for Rd 25, dropped for the QF and is still out. His VFL form doesn’t stand out for that July- August period, but I’m not going to pretend I was monitoring him.

He’s low possession high impact and maybe doesn’t get targeted much when Hogan and Greene are up and about. Worth a look if we want another attacking option, IMO.

I believe his season just stalled following the suspension because he hasn’t been injured.

Following the suspension he broke back in for a month, kicked 2 goals in that time, was then outside the seniors for 8 weeks, recalled for Rd 25, dropped for the QF and is still out. His VFL form doesn’t stand out for that July- August period, but I’m not going to pretend I was monitoring him.

He’s low possession high impact and maybe doesn’t get targeted much when Hogan and Greene are up and about. Worth a look if we want another attacking option, IMO.
Is he OOC

Is he a good enough kick of the footy out of defense? Might be his weakness imo
It’s perfectly fine, and his elite marking and reading of the play far outweighs any issues with his kicking

Only a thought, but with all the talk of Stringer why hasn’t Brown’s name come up? He has all the physical traits of Stringer, none of the baggage and seems to be out of favour at the Giants. His season never got going again after he cleaned up McCartin and he would be a better fit for our list profile.
It is no good Brown having the physical attributes if he cannot find the ball. He had one good game this year with was against us in Round 1 when he kicked 5. He hasn't come close to those dizzying heights since (or before). Otherwise this year he has averaged 7 possessions a game despite 82% game time. 7 games without a goal. Career wise 42 games in 4 years for 42 goals with 8 possessions a game and 69 tackles

It’s perfectly fine, and his elite marking and reading of the play far outweighs any issues with his kicking
Certainly an elite mark. No arguments there. Down back is the last place you want to be turning the ball over though. Just suggesting it as a reson they haven't moved him down back and have gone with the likes of O'Donnell instead

It is no good Brown having the physical attributes if he cannot find the ball. He had one good game this year with was against us in Round 1 when he kicked 5. He hasn't come close to those dizzying heights since (or before). Otherwise this year he has averaged 7 possessions a game despite 82% game time. 7 games without a goal. Career wise 42 games in 4 years for 42 goals with 8 possessions a game and 69 tackles
That’s the $64k question with him. Is that who he is with OR the outlier? Or was he building and the suspension sucked the air out of his season? Nash took a while and he has time on his side. If I’m throwing $1.1m over two years at him or Stringer I think I’d rather the risk of Brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right. Our draft picks are locked in with the hawks loss.
33, 48, 51.
Was worse than we originally thought, but this was my main reason for wanting hawks to lose lol At least its set now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back