List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

One wonders whether Lachie Schultzā€™s experience this year could actually put off prospective FA targets. All that animosity from the idiotic element of our fanbase could hamstring us.
Yeah, the attention our club gets, not just in general but also from the fans when you dont perform. Mcstay copped it and Schultz.
It's not for everyone.

Coming to us would have been like when he was at melb all over again. All the attention at our club would have ruined him and he wouldn't be the player he is.
He started at Melbourne when they were a mega laughing stock and then went to Freo with the most ruthless footy media ever, he was never gonna go to a big Melbourne club

I don't think Stringer is the missing piece to us winning a premiership. That's my point.
Not the missing piece but can definitely be a piece in getting us there. Going to need a better run with injuries, a few breakout seasons from our youth and maybe another trade or two. Having him or DeGoey in fwdline and midfield at all times would be a nice luxury

Not the missing piece but can definitely be a piece in getting us there. Going to need a better run with injuries, a few breakout seasons from our youth and maybe another trade or two. Having him or DeGoey in fwdline and midfield at all times would be a nice luxury
Oh well, I disagree. Don't want him. Better run with injuries & we'd be playing finals this year.

I don't think Stringer is the missing piece to us winning a premiership. That's my point.
There's rarely one player that is. I think Stringer could clearly play a positive role for us, improving a couple of weak areas: forward target, power mid. Our lack of cover in these areas cost us badly through 2024.

In a very even comp any player that can improve you gets you closer to a flag. I understand there are other questions over Stringer, and I don't like him myself, but as a player he could definitely be good for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's rarely one player that is. I think Stringer could clearly play a positive role for us, improving a couple of weak areas: forward target, power mid. Our lack of cover in these areas cost us badly through 2024.

In a very even comp any player that can improve you gets you closer to a flag. I understand there are other questions over Stringer, and I don't like him myself, but as a player he could definitely be good for us.
Again. I disagree. I see a lazy, unfit, inconsistent player.

How many did we have kick 40+ goals this year
Bombers don't share their goals around like we do. They don't play a game style like us. To assume he's going to just step into our team, play our style & kick 40+ is a bit silly, imo.

You want him. I don't. Can we leave it at that?

Last edited:
Bombers don't share their goals around like we do. They don't play a game style like us. To assume he's going to just step into our team, play our style & kick 40+ is a bit silly, imo.

You want him. I don't. Can we leave it that?
No. Everyone must jump on the Stringer Express.

How many did we have kick 40+ goals this year
As long as we kick more points than the opposition to win games, I don't care if it comes from 5 forwards rather than relying on 1 player to kick 40..

If anyone thinks he is just gonna repeat this years goal tally every year.. you gotta be kidding

I didnā€™t want Hogan
I didnā€™t want Stengle

I donā€™t want Stringer but what do I know.

Always hard to put a value on these ā€œ differentā€ personalities and whether we are the right club to turn their careers around, or worse still if another club does it and we should have.

So Iā€™m on the fence with a leaning towards no thanks.

Not sure how much time he actually spent in the midfield. AFL app says 0 centre ball attendances, spent 88% in the forward half & got 2 goals.
Pretty sure they had him doing a forward defensive role on Zorko to try and shut down his rebound.

Regardless, writing a player off based on one game is as dumb as saying theyā€™re not going anywhere because of a good game.

Again. I disagree. I see a lazy, unfit, inconsistent player.
I'm not sure you're seeing it fairly. To be able to play centre square and forward minutes, kicking 42 goals in 2024, laying 2.5 tackles a game, he can't be that inconsistent or lazy.

Not exactly sure how it works, but if he were to replace Cox in our forward line, that's an increase in pressure and running ability and gives us an extra centre square option. A fairly major upgrade. This means we have McStay as second ruck and I understand if that's not to everyone's taste, but it's something to consider and gives us a flexible and dangerous forward line.

I even think that there's an argument to be made that Stringer will be even better at Collingwood than Essendon. With our high defensive pressure forward line it's reasonable to think that this rubs off on him as well. He's already a strong tackling forward, but selective chaser, just needs to improve on the latter. Of course that will take hard work in the off season as well, which is more difficult.

For someone who doesn't like him and who isn't sure I even want him playing for us, I'm pushing this a bit hard - almost convincing myself that we should get him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back