List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure you're seeing it fairly. To be able to play centre square and forward minutes, kicking 42 goals in 2024, laying 2.5 tackles a game, he can't be that inconsistent or lazy.

Not exactly sure how it works, but if he were to replace Cox in our forward line, that's an increase in pressure and running ability and gives us an extra centre square option. A fairly major upgrade. This means we have McStay as second ruck and I understand if that's not to everyone's taste, but it's something to consider and gives us a flexible and dangerous forward line.

I even think that there's an argument to be made that Stringer will be even better at Collingwood than Essendon. With our high defensive pressure forward line it's reasonable to think that this rubs off on him as well. He's already a strong tackling forward, but selective chaser, just needs to improve on the latter. Of course that will take hard work in the off season as well, which is more difficult.

For someone who doesn't like him and who isn't sure I even want him playing for us, I'm pushing this a bit hard - almost convincing myself that we should get him.
People are allowed to disagree. And I can't make my opinion any clearer.

I don't want him at my club for lots of reasons.

This is the exact attitude that landed us in the Schultz trade debacle. Now we are left looking to get creative in a draft that is very deep, that we should’ve had a top 10 pick in. Back your recruiting team to pick decent players. That is their sole job and if they’re incompetent, they should be moved on. You can’t rely on other clubs to continue to pick players for you and try to poach them years later at a premium.
We will get 100 plus games out of Schultz that’s a win already, and he is also proven to be competent and up to the level.

Not the missing piece but can definitely be a piece in getting us there. Going to need a better run with injuries, a few breakout seasons from our youth and maybe another trade or two. Having him or DeGoey in fwdline and midfield at all times would be a nice luxury
That’s the thing, having him in the side with Degoey would push both to a higher competitive level.

People are allowed to disagree. And I can't make my opinion any clearer.

I don't want him at my club for lots of reasons.
You'll come around. We've got a seat side aside for you on the Stringer Express. Not in the dining car - Jake's booked that carriage out for himself - but it's an OK seat.

You'll come around. We've got a seat side aside for you on the Stringer Express. Not in the dining car - Jake's booked that carriage out for himself - but it's an OK seat.
Since I have a seat behind the goals in the Ponsford Stand, I'll be able to witness firsthand all this non competitive stuff he does off the ball & watch him flail his arms around alot .. 🤤

Since I have a seat behind the goals in the Ponsford Stand, I'll be able to witness firsthand all this non competitive stuff he does off the ball & watch him flail his arms around alot .. 🤤

It's the Stringer Express - not the Curnow Express.

He definitely doesn't get Charlie's frees.
No. We can't afford tickets to that train - it's in good condition. We're on the beaten up train without secruity and a high chance of being mugged. The engine came from the same factory though, so we might get where we want to go - once we've cleared out the burgers that have jammed into the petrol tank.

Last edited:
Not sure how much time he actually spent in the midfield. AFL app says 0 centre ball attendances, spent 88% in the forward half & got 2 goals.
Yep. He spent most of the day negating Zorko & kicking the 2 goals as well.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Houston contemplating coming a reality? I dunno, we get linked to everyone and get very few, especially if they are a big names.

If we traded next year's first (only because of McGuane), Noble (what we get for him) and Richards for Houston then we have clearly won. Not sure it's possible or that easy though.

They said on fox tonight that its looking like he will be staying

They're just going off what he said a couple of weeks ago I reckon, wouldn't have been any movement since then.

He could very well stick to his word (and I'd expect him to), but they do still have a lot of mouths to feed so you never know.

Well
We'll that's the problem, without the pill Jake is less an express and more like Puffing Billy up a steep incline.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back