List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we'll be trying to add more than that. A fair few are out of contract at end of the year. And a contracted one has requested a trade.

Begg, Murphy, and Carmichael the only confirmed departures at this stage and we’ve already replaced 1 of them. I think Bytel, Long and Sullivan are all at risk. Beyond that, I’d like to see Dean, Eyre, McInnes and Kreuger retained. So imho, 6 departures, Smit already added, 3-4 added through trade and draft period, 1-2 SSP. Be +1 if Noble deal gets done, I think Richards will stay.

Begg, Murphy, and Carmichael the only confirmed departures at this stage and we’ve already replaced 1 of them. I think Bytel, Long and Sullivan are all at risk. Beyond that, I’d like to see Dean, Eyre, McInnes and Kreuger retained. So imho, 6 departures, Smit already added, 3-4 added through trade and draft period, 1-2 SSP. Be +1 if Noble deal gets done, I think Richards will stay.
Fair enough, but regardless of what you or I want - an unsigned player at this stage of the year suggests that either we're not willing to commit to them yet and are leaving their spots open for potential recruitment or they're not signing yet in case they can get elsewhere - or are undecided.

Long, Dean going nowhere. Staying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, but regardless of what you or I want - an unsigned player at this stage of the year suggests that either we're not willing to commit to them yet and are leaving their spots open for potential recruitment or they're not signing yet in case they can get elsewhere - or are undecided.
Some could holding out for the market, a few might be open to other opportunities.

Some could holding out for the market, a few might be open to other opportunities.
Agree.

Although, I think with our current list - where the two obvious goals are topping up to have a crack at the flag and regenerating an aging list - it'd be odd for us to have minimal movement on the list. I think it'll be about 7-8 in - like most years. so other than Richards, I suspect it's the club holding out to keep options open. Reef's the only other one that I think might have interest and be in a decision rather than a fingered cross Please please please posiiton.

Last edited:
Or angling for a beter deal from the pies I suppose.

It’s important we don’t burn through our draft capital unless it’s for the right player
We got some names returning to health next year and we have a few younger guys who look ready to play more regularly too.

I’d rather sit on our hands and do very little rather than just burn through current and future draft capital unnecessarily.

Is Houston contemplating coming a reality? I dunno, we get linked to everyone and get very few, especially if they are a big names.

If we traded next year's first (only because of McGuane), Noble (what we get for him) and Richards for Houston then we have clearly won. Not sure it's possible or that easy though.
Surely overs

It’s still an underwhelming output
He doesn’t stay inside 50 as a small forward …he is up around the ball pretty much 90% of the time.

I’d be careful offering this type of player a substantial contract and length
From all reports, he played a tagging role on Zorco, so it might be why. He did kick 2 goals though

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back