List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

He was tagging Zorko, kept him relatively quiet given 7 of his 13 disposals in the 1st half came directly from kicking in after a GWS behind. Zorko was moved forward in the 3rd quarter. Peatling didn't follow him. Quelling Zorko's influence of HB (before he moved forward) was a significant factor in GWS's early lead. As a HF, his role when he rolled up to stoppages wasn't the inside mid role he plays that has gained the interest of opposition clubs. Peatling played his role.
You seem to want to have it both ways.
You wanna give him a tick for his first half cool
He then wasn’t tagging Zorko after that ..so why did his output not improve further now that he was let off the chain so to speak?
85% game time and he still amassed only the 10 touches
The key defenders of the giants had more touches of the ball….

You can’t be a modern day midfielder and have 10 touches in a game….

We have a guy who does this in lipinski by comparison already in the team…without the hype too

I’d use our F1 to try to grab two late from Tigers or Swans
Not sure where I’m getting the other one. Prob GC. No idea how.
If we get a second rounder for Noble and if Richards goes for a second or a third we can trade up with an Essendon Carlton Gold Coast or Brisbane that will be looking for points for their Academy and Father son picks

Kicking it out from the goal square 50m 8 times in the game... woweee what an achievement. Lucky we don't actually have you as a list manager. Definitely have no clue.

I watch and understand more footy that you will ever do Champ so sit back on your gaming chair on bigfooty and let the people that actually know what they're doing do their job.
EFA

I’d use our F1 to try to grab two late from Tigers or Swans
Not sure where I’m getting the other one. Prob GC. No idea how.
I’m hanging out on hope we can get either 12 or 20 from Suns which is a first round pick this year.

Our F1 could land us a couple of late ones as you suggest

We need to get creative for sure

His opponent had 25 and kicked 2 goals…
He wouldn’t have made it to the showers before being informed he’d be dropped
Zorko was moved forward in the second half because despite his 13 disposals (more than half being kick ins), his space had been shut down well enough that he wasn’t providing his usual damaging rebound.
He wasn’t on Zorko in the second half, he remained up forward and got stagnant because the ball was locked in the Lions half for the last 1.5 quarters.

Did you even watch the game? It really seems like you’re going on pure stats here and then getting pissy when everyone points out why the numbers are the way they are.

Zorko was moved forward in the second half because despite his 13 disposals (more than half being kick ins), his space had been shut down well enough that he wasn’t providing his usual damaging rebound.
He wasn’t on Zorko in the second half, he remained up forward and got stagnant because the ball was locked in the Lions half for the last 1.5 quarters.

Did you even watch the game? It really seems like you’re going on pure stats here and then getting pissy when everyone points out why the numbers are the way they are.
Stagnant up forward?
Every half forward pushes up the ground in the modern game. 85% time on ground..he wasn’t playing 50 % game time.
His output though is no different t to a guy like Lipinski.
It doesn’t matter how you wish to frame it …but he’s not the answer to our midfield support for Naicos for me personally

Stagnant up forward?
Every half forward pushes up the ground in the modern game. 85% time on ground..he wasn’t playing 50 % game time.
His output though is no different t to a guy like Lipinski.
It doesn’t matter how you wish to frame it …but he’s not the answer to our midfield support for Naicos for me personally
I’ll take that as a yes, you didn’t actually watch the game and are just going on numbers. Cool.

It’s amazing that all our forwards don’t get dropped for their 10 disposal games. That’s some crazy shit isn’t it?

Peatling did a good job on Zorko. It was pretty clear for anyone watching the game closely that Zorko got off the chain once McKenna got subbed in and Zorko moved up the field. To that point as has been pointed out most of Zorko’s ball had come from kick ins and he’d had 3 kicked on him.

I felt the issue with Peatling’s game though, and what he’ll find if he sticks with GWS, is that he was under-utilised up forward. Kingsley should have shifted him into the middle to mind Ashcroft once Zorko was moved. I get why Kingsley didn’t with Bedford smothering Neale he probably wasn’t keen on two midfield run withs. If Kingsley makes that move his numbers look better than 10 and 2 it’s also why I’m keen because he just does a job if needed.

The reason he probably hasn’t signed yet is that his manager is telling him he should move because he’ll get midfield time with Collingwood or WC, but he wants to be loyal to GWS who gave him a shot. Like Richards I think he should move for the betterment of his career doubly so as a mature ager, get this one wrong and it could be career done quickly, but I think there’s some loyalty there.

I’ll take that as a yes, you didn’t actually watch the game and are just going on numbers. Cool.

It’s amazing that all our forwards don’t get dropped for their 10 disposal games. That’s some crazy shit isn’t it?
He’s not a forward though …he isn’t a small forward like a Hill

Just because someone doesn’t agree with your sentiment ..I’m not sure why it’s “you didn’t watch”…that’s just loser talk.

As I said show me a modern day midfielder who will get a game with 10 touches?

Where exactly would he play with us?
We are stacked with half forwards as I mentioned and I don’t see him as a full time midfielder to give us the inside support we crave for Naicos…

He’s no better than Lipinsii for me.

The contract type offers he’s receiving aren’t of value for me. Great for him though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to want to have it both ways.
You wanna give him a tick for his first half cool
He then wasn’t tagging Zorko after that ..so why did his output not improve further now that he was let off the chain so to speak?
85% game time and he still amassed only the 10 touches
The key defenders of the giants had more touches of the ball….

You can’t be a modern day midfielder and have 10 touches in a game….

We have a guy who does this in lipinski by comparison already in the team…without the hype too

You didn't even understand he was playing as a defensive forward on Zorko in the first half so I look forward to you advising us of who he was on in the 2nd half and what their impact was during that time.

The reason he probably hasn’t signed yet is that his manager is telling him he should move because he’ll get midfield time with Collingwood or WC, but he wants to be loyal to GWS who gave him a shot. Like Richards I think he should move for the betterment of his career doubly so as a mature ager, get this one wrong and it could be career done quickly, but I think there’s some loyalty there.
Does he get much midfield time with us next year? Sidey was excellent as a run with mid at the end of the year - hopefully Mitchell and Jordy are fit. Nick, Jordy, Crisp, Pendles, Sidey, Mitchell are a pretty tough group to crack into if they come back fit and hopefully Allan is thereabouts too.

We need some mids for the future, but if we had've poached Davies or Peatling they might have needed to be willing to cut their Magpie's teeth on a flank.

You didn't even understand he was playing as a defensive forward on Zorko in the first half so I look forward to you advising us of who he was on in the 2nd half and what their impact was during that time.
I gave you the “defensive forward” role.
You had that.
Tell me what he did when he was let off that role that was so impressive?
He spent 85% time on the ground and he walked off with 10 touches for the game…
He wouldn’t get a game ahead of any of our current small or half forwards.
So who is he going to knock out permanently as a full time midfielder ?

As I said, Lipinski plays this type of half forward role for us without the hype and fanfare and I don’t see you salivating or creaming your jocks with his output for us.

He’s not a forward though …he isn’t a small forward like a Hill

Just because someone doesn’t agree with your sentiment ..I’m not sure why it’s “you didn’t watch”…that’s just loser talk.

As I said show me a modern day midfielder who will get a game with 10 touches?

Where exactly would he play with us?
We are stacked with half forwards as I mentioned and I don’t see him as a full time midfielder to give us the inside support we crave for Naicos…

He’s no better than Lipinsii for me.

The contract type offers he’s receiving aren’t of value for me. Great for him though
I’m not advocating us to get him or not get him, I’m just pointing out that your criticism of his game last night is ludicrous, and doubling down on it despite being told why his numbers were the way they were, is even moreso.

“He’s a midfielder that only got 10 touches. He’d be dropped with us for that”

He played forward, of course he’s not going to get midfield numbers. He shut down Zorko and got 2 goals. His numbers were great in the role he played.

“His opponent had 25 disposals and 2 goals!”

No, his opponent had 15 disposals, 8 of them being kick ins, and was made so ineffective playing his rebounding defence role that he was moved forward, where he got off the chain on a completely different opponent.

Telling me that saying “you didn’t watch” is loser talk, while refusing to say whether you actually watched the game speaks volumes. You’ve been found out and you’ve gone on the attack to try to discredit anyone who calls you out.

Go and watch the game. Peatling played his role as a forward and he played it very well. If you don’t want us to trade for him that’s fine, I’m not actually convinced on him either, but don’t come up with bullshit based on some numbers without context and then get angry for being called out on it. Thats loser behaviour.

Does he get much midfield time with us next year? Sidey was excellent as a run with mid at the end of the year - hopefully Mitchell and Jordy are fit. Nick, Jordy, Crisp, Pendles, Sidey, Mitchell are a pretty tough group to crack into if they come back fit and hopefully Allan is thereabouts too.

We need some mids for the future, but if we had've poached Davies or Peatling they might have needed to be willing to cut their Magpie's teeth on a flank.
It depends on the balance because with Jaicos back there’s a wing role up for grabs and I wish I had your confidence that the structure of late 2024 will roll into 2025.

That out of the way and everyone fit he’s on a flank which he can do, but I was definitely posting that from the angle of the manager. I’d compare our midfield to Geelong’s in that it’s about the whole rather than the sum of its parts and I don’t think it’s a widely held view that Collingwood or Geelong will have strong midfields in 2025.

I’m not advocating us to get him or not get him, I’m just pointing out that your criticism of his game last night is ludicrous, and doubling down on it despite being told why his numbers were the way they were, is even moreso.

“He’s a midfielder that only got 10 touches. He’d be dropped with us for that”

He played forward, of course he’s not going to get midfield numbers. He shut down Zorko and got 2 goals. His numbers were great in the role he played.

“His opponent had 25 disposals and 2 goals!”

No, his opponent had 15 disposals, 8 of them being kick ins, and was made so ineffective playing his rebounding defence role that he was moved forward, where he got off the chain on a completely different opponent.

Telling me that saying “you didn’t watch” is loser talk, while refusing to say whether you actually watched the game speaks volumes. You’ve been found out and you’ve gone on the attack to try to discredit anyone who calls you out.

Go and watch the game. Peatling played his role as a forward and he played it very well. If you don’t want us to trade for him that’s fine, I’m not actually convinced on him either, but don’t come up with bullshit based on some numbers without context and then get angry for being called out on it. Thats loser behaviour.
You have basically sat there describing Fin Macrae …a guy who is asked to play half forward role and then getting dropped for similar numbers …in half or less the game time to boot not 85% game time.

You may think his game was impressive last night …to me it was a very average game.

Lipinski plays a similar role too without this much love.

if this is being found out so be it.
You can come up with all the excuses you want or give him all the outs you want.
For the hype he is generating I expect to see better
I’ll let you continue your circle jerking and carry on raving about this marvellous defensive performance

It depends on the balance because with Jaicos back there’s a wing role up for grabs and I wish I had your confidence that the structure of late 2024 will roll into 2025.

That out of the way and everyone fit he’s on a flank which he can do, but I was definitely posting that from the angle of the manager. I’d compare our midfield to Geelong’s in that it’s about the whole rather than the sum of its parts and I don’t think it’s a widely held view that Collingwood or Geelong will have strong midfields in 2025.
For us, it'll depend on whether the oldies stand up. But if I was a player manager of a young mid I wouldn't be assuming enough decline in Titch, and Pendles to assume my kid would be picked to play mid before them or that Sidey wasn't pencilled into a run with spot following his end of season form in the role. I'd be saying, you might have to do a year on the flank with them, but then spots should open.

I gave you the “defensive forward” role.
You had that.
Tell me what he did when he was let off that role that was so impressive?
He spent 85% time on the ground and he walked off with 10 touches for the game…
He wouldn’t get a game ahead of any of our current small or half forwards.
So who is he going to knock out permanently as a full time midfielder ?

As I said, Lipinski plays this type of half forward role for us without the hype and fanfare and I don’t see you salivating or creaming your jocks with his output for us.

Charlie Cameron had the same time and had 11 disposals. Rayner only 9. Lohman 9, Bailey 11, Jones 7.

A 10 possession 2 goal game for a small-medium forward isn't a bad game as you seem hell bent on suggesting.

Point me to where I've even stated we should get him or how I foresee him contributing to our team in 2025. I was merely challenging your ridiculous premise that he was poor, and that he was playing as a midfielder. He was neither of those.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back