List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You have basically sat there describing Fin Macrae …a guy who is asked to play half forward role and then getting dropped for similar numbers …in half or less the game time to boot not 85% game time.

You may think his game was impressive last night …to me it was a very average game.

Lipinski plays a similar role too without this much love.

if this is being found out so be it.
You can come up with all the excuses you want or give him all the outs you want.
For the hype he is generating I expect to see better
I’ll let you continue your circle jerking and carry on raving about this marvellous defensive performance
Show me a game where Macrae was playing as a forward and got 10 disposals, 2 goals, 7 tackles and shut down his opponent to the point that they were moved to the other end of the ground, and then got dropped.

This should be great.

Show me a game where Macrae was playing as a forward and got 10 disposals, 2 goals, 7 tackles and shut down his opponent to the point that they were moved to the other end of the ground, and then got dropped.

This should be great.

His 2024 All Australian rated opponent.

Charlie Cameron had the same time and had 11 disposals. Rayner only 9. Lohman 9, Bailey 11, Jones 7.

A 10 possession 2 goal game for a small-medium forward isn't a bad game as you seem hell bent on suggesting.

Point me to where I've even stated we should get him or how I foresee him contributing to our team in 2025. I was merely challenging your ridiculous premise that he was poor, and that he was playing as a midfielder. He was neither of those.
Now you’re comparing Charlie Cameron who has been one of the elite small forwards to ever play the game …

Faaaaark meeeee….

You play half forward you’re basically a midfielder in the modern game the way things are today.

So he wasn’t.poor and he is not a midfielder either—-“neither of those” to use your words.
please don’t let me stop you and your jerk off…carry on.

This should be great.
Cool…
Round 9…Etihad stadium
Fin Macrae by the numbers
17 disposals, 3 goals , 341m gained at 87% game time.
All at half forward.

He was out of the side within 2 weeks of that performance.

Cool…
Round 9…Etihad stadium
All at half forward.

cool so he wasnt actually dropped for that performance then? it was actually the one after if he was out of the side within '2 week'

cool so he wasnt actually dropped for that performance then? it was actually the one after if he was out of the side within '2 week'
Fin Macrae isn’t being offered 4-5 year deals for such performances.

Nor is he hailed as some kind of mega star for such performances either.

I’m not buying the hype like many are on here.
If you wanna change your jocks because you are, that’s cool.

Meanwhile (nothing earth-shattering, but a good summary so far)...

Collingwood has interest in Essendon star Jake Stringer as it looks to bounce back after missing the finals this season. According to AFL Media’s Cal Twomey, Stringer “is telling people he’s played his last game for the Bombers and he’s done there”. They’re also reportedly keen on his out-of-favour teammate at Essendon Ben Hobbs.

The Pies were chasing hard after Adelaide’s Mark Keane, but the Irishman has penned a three-year extension to remain at West Lakes until the end of 2028. They are clearly in the market for some defensive depth after the retirement of Nathan Murphy in the pre-season, especially when you consider that Jeremy Howe isn’t getting any younger. Demons tall Adam Tomlinson could certainly help to bolster that area of the ground.

The Pies were blindsided when dashing defender John Noble requested a trade to Gold Coast in his exit meeting and there’s still a bit to play out on that front. Small forward Joe Richards reportedly has a four-year deal on the table from Port Adelaide, while tall Nathan Kreuger is a fringe best 23 player and could be lured elsewhere if greater senior opportunities present. Finlay Macrae and Reef McInnes have both struggled to cement their places in Craig McRae’s senior side, do they stick fat or move on?

The Pies have also been linked to Power star Dan Houston, Tigers tall Tom Lynch, Saint Tim Membrey and versatile Giant James Peatling.

They don’t have a lot of draft capital to work with this season, so it remains to be seen how they could get some of those deals done.

Last edited:
Charlie Cameron had the same time and had 11 disposals. Rayner only 9. Lohman 9, Bailey 11, Jones 7.

A 10 possession 2 goal game for a small-medium forward isn't a bad game as you seem hell bent on suggesting.

Point me to where I've even stated we should get him or how I foresee him contributing to our team in 2025. I was merely challenging your ridiculous premise that he was poor, and that he was playing as a midfielder. He was neither of those.

You can't compare a deep forward's stats with someone playing on Zorko, and thus playing a high half forward role.

Peatling took a couple of chances and otherwise did a Finn Maginness style job on Zorko - albeit in a different style.

I’m on the same side
I just have to disagree with some of the circle work going on here.

Healthy debate is always good, people see the game differently at times. Dead set, I watch the games a lot with a mate of mine and when he has an opinion on something sometimes I sit back and think to myself “what a plonker” haha I couldn’t disagree more…

A lock down role in a fwd position (done very well WHILST kicking 2 goals) and then the ball living in the Lions half A LOT when Zorks moved there after half time compared to Macrae? Hmmm
Full time mid compared to a fwd position with little ball action in the fwd line whilst doing a job he's told to do instead of going rogue and disobeying coaches plan just to appease the stat nutters?
HOKAY 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool…
Round 9…Etihad stadium
All at half forward.

I was at the game. He did not play the entire game at HF. Edit. Furthermore, I have just had a post come up on Insta with Richards, Parker and Allan's first goals. Have a look at Richards first goal in R9 against the Eagles and look who got it out of the centre to him

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Peatling did end up attending 11 centre bounces. Wasn't exactly starved up forward the entire game.

When in the centre, he would be playing as a defensive mid. So you would get plenty of games when he almost has more tackles than disposals. It just depends on your expectations of him. He's a gritty and tenacious player, but pretty limited from what I've seen of him.

Would be a nice addition to balance our midfield, but get a touch overrated around here, IMO.

Collingwood has interest in Essendon star Jake Stringer as it looks to bounce back after missing the finals this season. According to AFL Media’s Cal Twomey, Stringer “is telling people he’s played his last game for the Bombers and he’s done there”. They’re also reportedly keen on his out-of-favour teammate at Essendon Ben Hobbs.

The Pies were chasing hard after Adelaide’s Mark Keane, but the Irishman has penned a three-year extension to remain at West Lakes until the end of 2028. They are clearly in the market for some defensive depth after the retirement of Nathan Murphy in the pre-season, especially when you consider that Jeremy Howe isn’t getting any younger. Demons tall Adam Tomlinson could certainly help to bolster that area of the ground.

The Pies were blindsided when dashing defender John Noble requested a trade to Gold Coast in his exit meeting and there’s still a bit to play out on that front. Small forward Joe Richards reportedly has a four-year deal on the table from Port Adelaide, while tall Nathan Kreuger is a fringe best 23 player and could be lured elsewhere if greater senior opportunities present. Finlay Macrae and Reef McInnes have both struggled to cement their places in Craig McRae’s senior side, do they stick fat or move on?

The Pies have also been linked to Power star Dan Houston, Tigers tall Tom Lynch, Saint Tim Membrey and versatile Giant James Peatling.

They don’t have a lot of draft capital to work with this season, so it remains to be seen how they could get some of those deals done.

Doubting we were chasing Keane.

I read that
A bit of old, outdated, or just speculation.

Peatling did end up attending 11 centre bounces. Wasn't exactly starved up forward the entire game.

When in the centre, he would be playing as a defensive mid. So you would get plenty of games when he almost has more tackles than disposals. It just depends on your expectations of him. He's a gritty and tenacious player, but pretty limited from what I've seen of him.

Would be a nice addition to balance our midfield, but get a touch overrated around here, IMO.
Sounds like it's a defensive mid we're chasing - makes sense with Nick and JDG.

Sounds like it's a defensive mid we're chasing - makes sense with Nick and JDG.
I don’t mind if we’re chasing a defensive mid.
I’m just not sold that he is going to be good enough to be a full time starter in there
And we are flushed with a plethora of half forward options currently in the side ..and that doesn’t even include Richards who may or may not leave.

Cool…
Round 9…Etihad stadium
All at half forward.

Hang on don’t shift the goal posts here, he didn’t get dropped after that game. None of this “within 2 weeks” nonsense. Try again.

Hang on don’t shift the goal posts here, he didn’t get dropped after that game. None of this “within 2 weeks” nonsense. Try again.
Dude you asked for a game that comparably stacked up to Peatlings glorious performance
I gave you one from a player who is maligned in this board or at least not valued by the club internally anyway.

Another poster also pointed out to you he attended 11 centre bounces during the game too….
He wasn’t parked inside 50 and starved as you have led us to believe.

I’m sorry for spoiling your circle jerking
It wasn’t my intention.
Please carry on and do as you please.

We are two sides of the same coin that just have a differing opinion on what constitutes a good game

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back