List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude you asked for a game that comparably stacked up to Peatlings glorious performance
I gave you one from a player who is maligned in this board or at least not valued by the club internally anyway.

Another poster also pointed out to you he attended 11 centre bounces during the game too….
He wasn’t parked inside 50 and starved as you have led us to believe.

I’m sorry for spoiling your circle jerking
It wasn’t my intention.
Please carry on and do as you please.

We are two sides of the same coin that just have a differing opinion on what constitutes a good game
No, I asked you to find a comparable game that he ended up being dropped after. Not dropped a couple of weeks later. Don’t shift the goal posts and then try to pretend that you gave me what I asked for. Nobody is falling for that shit.

No, I asked you to find a comparable game that he ended up being dropped after. Not dropped a couple of weeks later. Don’t shift the goal posts and then try to pretend that you gave me what I asked for. Nobody is falling for that shit.
Seriously ….you wanna knit pick everything to suit your narrative but when someone tells you he attended 11 centre bounce that debunks your myth about being starved inside 50….it goes over your head.

As I said I apologise for spoiling your wank fest.

I told you we are two sides of the same coin that won’t agree here.

You loved his game …I thought it was trash and no better than what a guy like Macrae would give us.

You can carry on if you please.

Cool…
Round 9…Etihad stadium
Fin Macrae by the numbers
17 disposals, 3 goals , 341m gained at 87% game time.
All at half forward.

He was out of the side within 2 weeks of that performance.
Are you a Fin fan? I'm late to this conversation. If so. what do you like about him and why do you think he is on the outer at Collingwood? Please forgive me if this question has already been answered.

Seriously ….you wanna knit pick everything to suit your narrative but when someone tells you he attended 11 centre bounce that debunks your myth about being starved inside 50….it goes over your head.

As I said I apologise for spoiling your wank fest.

I told you we are two sides of the same coin that won’t agree here.

You loved his game …I thought it was trash and no better than what a guy like Macrae would give us.

You can carry on if you please.
1) I never said I loved his game I just said it was very good for the role he was assigned.
2) Yes he attended 11 centre bounces. Playing a defensive role. Could he have won a few more disposals from there? Possibly. Nobody has claimed he played the perfect game, we’re just saying it wasn’t the trash you claim it to be.
3) Enough with the wank fest talk. Stop acting like a child just because the people who watched the game don’t agree with you.

I’ve already said I’m not convinced that he’s worth what clubs are offering him. I just don’t care for unjustified trash talk of a players game.

Are you a Fin fan? I'm late to this conversation. If so. what do you like about him and why do you think he is on the outer at Collingwood? Please forgive me if this question has already been answered.
It’s not about being a Fin fan
I can. See why he struggles and why he may not make it.
I’m not advocating for him to be in the side or anything like that.

I’m just pointing out a guy like Peatling is very limited in how he plays and is barely better than Macrae…and if he is, it’s not saying much.
Yet others want to have me believe a 10 touch game is some kind of marvel to be hold.

1) I never said I loved his game I just said it was very good for the role he was assigned.
2) Yes he attended 11 centre bounces. Playing a defensive role. Could he have won a few more disposals from there? Possibly. Nobody has claimed he played the perfect game, we’re just saying it wasn’t the trash you claim it to be.
3) Enough with the wank fest talk. Stop acting like a child just because the people who watched the game don’t agree with you.

I’ve already said I’m not convinced that he’s worth what clubs are offering him. I just don’t care for unjustified trash talk of a players game.
I already told you we have to agree to disagree.

You rated his “role”
I didn’t.

You think my take is unjustified whereas I think yours is far too generous on the evidence at hand.

now you can either let it go or continue your carry on.
Either way, I’m not fussed

Peatling rumours are a club plant to create more divisive opinions than Stringer rumours, so that when we get Stringer it seems like a harmonious decision amongst fans.

It's a brilliant plan from Leppa.
I want Peatling just so some commentator can say " Peatling, like a Librarian with those Twinkle toes"

Why are we rating a player off one game?
One game?

The orange tsunami all look the same and blur into one. I couldn't work out which one he was, so it was far less than that for me. It's a no from me - or a yes. Which one was he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll change my name to Stringiatello if Jake comes hahah. Not happening.
Maybe smockatello

will friedle painting GIF by Alpha

He’s not a forward though …he isn’t a small forward like a Hill

Just because someone doesn’t agree with your sentiment ..I’m not sure why it’s “you didn’t watch”…that’s just loser talk.

As I said show me a modern day midfielder who will get a game with 10 touches?

Where exactly would he play with us?
We are stacked with half forwards as I mentioned and I don’t see him as a full time midfielder to give us the inside support we crave for Naicos…

He’s no better than Lipinsii for me.

The contract type offers he’s receiving aren’t of value for me. Great for him though
How come you refuse to answer whether you watched the game?

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peatling did end up attending 11 centre bounces. Wasn't exactly starved up forward the entire game.

When in the centre, he would be playing as a defensive mid. So you would get plenty of games when he almost has more tackles than disposals. It just depends on your expectations of him. He's a gritty and tenacious player, but pretty limited from what I've seen of him.

Would be a nice addition to balance our midfield, but get a touch overrated around here, IMO.
He is staying at GWS. Move on!

It’s not about being a Fin fan
I can. See why he struggles and why he may not make it.
I’m not advocating for him to be in the side or anything like that.

I’m just pointing out a guy like Peatling is very limited in how he plays and is barely better than Macrae…and if he is, it’s not saying much.
Yet others want to have me believe a 10 touch game is some kind of marvel to be hold.
Fin is too one dimensional to have an impact in a role (HFF) that doesn’t suit him. I think similar to his brother he’s best placed as he’s played in the VFL. At the coal face or accumulating around the packs, he’s pretty good by hand…not so good by foot and a tad slow imo.

So yes playing him as hff is not fair, but that’s football. The few times he has had an opportunity on ball he has let us down.

Hopefully he shows improvement in the off-season and it just clicks.

Collingwood has interest in Essendon star Jake Stringer as it looks to bounce back after missing the finals this season. According to AFL Media’s Cal Twomey, Stringer “is telling people he’s played his last game for the Bombers and he’s done there”. They’re also reportedly keen on his out-of-favour teammate at Essendon Ben Hobbs.
I’d prefer Stringer and that’s saying something

The Pies were blindsided when dashing defender John Noble requested a trade to Gold Coast in his exit meeting and there’s still a bit to play out on that front. Small forward Joe Richards reportedly has a four-year deal on the table from Port Adelaide
Bank the picks, Pies

The Pies have also been linked to Power star Dan Houston, Tigers tall Tom Lynch, Saint Tim Membrey and versatile Giant James Peatling.
One (just one) low cost running hbf or inside mid (not Hobbs…)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back