List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget any note worthy players this off season. We simply dont have the draft capital.
We need to see what we get for Noble Richards macrae or Mciness. maybe a packet of chips for each
Best to take our picks to the draft. If we can get picks 12 or 20 and say picks 25 use them in the November draft get the Whitlock twins or at least one them.
A friend of mine works with a Carlton great and he was told we were going to get Hewitt from Carlton but looks like the target could be Kennedy even Owies could be good won't cost much
We cannot trade out our first round pick next year as we need that for Tommy gun Maguane there will be plenty of age right free agents next year heaps of them to suit our needs when dads army retires
maybe a stop gap could be Membrey or Ricccardi from GWS as a forward or even Tomlison as a stop gap kp backman

Don't expect much this year 2025 and 2026 when our cap opens right up is when we will go hard for players and free agents Allan from West Coast could be one although injury prone this is the worry.I would also target Rowell and Forgarty next year from Adelaide
There will be many free agents next year.
Wonder what happenned with Stringer heard is a no media outlets are saying. Shame cos he is a cheap option as a forward we need and can also go into the midfield
Don't need a first round pick for McGuane, just need points, it will be flipped this year or next and because that is wrong you have to question everything else, points for Georgie Hewett though, very creative.

Derksen would be an interesting acquisition - and again wouldn’t cost a heck of a lot.

Given the pool drying up a bit with the quality of names available at this stage, grabbing one/both of Kennedy/Derksen on the cheap and trying to improve our draft hand this year - or trading to next year for trade capital in trade/FA deals in ‘25, would be my play atm.

"Port Adelaide still the favourite"

Adam Simpson: "I got calls from multiple A graders wanting to come to us to play with Harley"

I'm still trying to understand what it is about us that makes us a place players don't want to come to. All the old regime is gone so the idea that the issue was the previous group of coaches and administrators is clearly wrong.
We talk players into accepting backended payments ‘for the team, for the club’ and then reneg on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, you are right. It was sort of a rhetorical question aimed at all of the moronic players out there who choose other clubs over us.
Maybe playing in front of big crowds/big club is not as important as you think it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back