List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

In the age, they imply that while its 3 years from port for richards, seems to be a trigger for a 4th year as they say

"Joe Richards is also weighing up a three-year offer from Port – which could extend to four, according to one industry source – versus a two-year deal to stay at the Pies."

The kennedy one is pretty simple for me. We have the best young player we have ever had. We cannot continue to have Nick carry the load in the centre of the ground like he did this year. I don't care how good someone is, everyone needs help and Nick had bugger all this year. If we can get a big body in there who can win his own footy and dish it out to the rolls royce then we should have a crack. Especially when it will come at very little cost.

He could practice voodoo for all I care. I'll take anyone who could potentially make us better.
Is he any good though? Understand he can take the hits and lay the tackles…but Sullivan has been playing that role. I’ve never really noticed Kennedy as a stand out.

Tell Gold Coast it's pick 12 or nothing.

"B-but he's not worth pick 12!" Shut up. He's worth what we say he's worth. It's time we start taking overs on these peasant clubs.

You know who you sound like?

a4b7f68870033e1168e689378f3c9bc6

Demanding ridiculous overs for trades is not a way to run a successful club.

Is he any good though? Understand he can take the hits and lay the tackles…but Sullivan has been playing that role. I’ve never really noticed Kennedy as a stand out.
He is far better player than Sullivan Long Bytel so therefore he makes us better
Can kick a goal when moved forward he is a big body mid and a competent AFL player
He will help Nick and Ed in the midfield by taking the monsters like Cripps

Perryman’s a FA, yeah, so his deal will be the first of those domino’s to fall. They also aren’t offering that if they expect Houston to stick around.

Let’s entertain it for a second though and for me it’s a scary thought if we’re even in the same post code let alone ballpark.

It's very interesting in terms of trade price for UFA.

If he was in a trade situation what would he be worth? - About 25 at a complete guess. How much is that worth in salary cap? That amount is the the overs you'd willing to pay to save the trade price.

But if we're giving Noble AND pick 26 for Kennedy? Doesn't seem fair.

But separately is the way to go.
We don’t have 26 Jen.
The suggestion is a 3 way deal which can be broken down like this…
JN to GCS for pick 26.
We give 26 to the Blueballs and get Kennedy.
Basically we are swapping JN for Kennedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's very interesting in terms of trade price for UFA.

If he was in a trade situation what would he be worth? - About 25 at a complete guess. How much is that worth in salary cap? That amount is the the overs you'd willing to pay to save the trade price.
Cap space to me is the most valuable commodity in the game. Followed closely by a strong and stable FD. Depending on how it’s structured I’m a buyer of cap space every day of the week to afford to pay these premiums on FA’s, but until that day a 6-7 year contract for a role player on JDG money is not for me. If Perryman gets near the money offered from Port by us then Hill’s worth $900k to retain and that’ll blow your cap structure real quick!

In contract terms he’s worth McStay 2022 money so $600k, but shorter terms of about 3 years. I’m personally not prepared to pay close to a $750k-1m premium for pick 25.

Last edited:
In the age, they imply that while its 3 years from port for richards, seems to be a trigger for a 4th year as they say

"Joe Richards is also weighing up a three-year offer from Port – which could extend to four, according to one industry source – versus a two-year deal to stay at the Pies."
Think it’s pretty clear the only reason we haven’t heard an update on this is because port are still in it. Richard’s is gone IMO. Will soon see I guess

So, Geelong will be picking up Smith and now Martin from Carlton. In the meantime some of our supporters stew over player's like stringer because they don't like him, lol. Geelong will back their system to get the best out of these players whilst we hover in no man's land and have doubts over every potential candidate that we might be interested in. Time to grow some nuts Pies and take a gamble.

Hogan, Riccardi, Cadman… too much KPF depth at Giants

Yes to Derksen… offer him a 3 year deal

Google his highlights in the last 12-15 months

Will be able to slot on at either end of the ground
Highlights of a VFL footballer with AFL size beating up on 18yo’s and 190cm state league footballers isn’t exactly a strong sell.

Derkson’s behind Hogan, Cadman, Riccardi and Gruzewski up front then Taylor, Buckley, Himmelberg and Aleer down back. This to me looks a case of an agent identifying a market for fringe KPP’s and trying to guarantee his client a couple of extra years on his current contract.

IMO, Dean’s VFL numbers stack up well enough by comparison and I don’t think he’s spent the time forward to suggest he’s an upgrade on Krueger. One of our current KP projects would need to go in order to add another through pro scouting. Hence why there’s no reports of interest from us as yet.

Highlights of a VFL footballer with AFL size beating up on 18yo’s and 190cm state league footballers isn’t exactly a strong sell.

Derkson’s behind Hogan, Cadman, Riccardi and Gruzewski up front then Taylor, Buckley, Himmelberg and Aleer down back. This to me looks a case of an agent identifying a market for fringe KPP’s and trying to guarantee his client a couple of years on his current contract.

IMO, Dean’s VFL numbers stack up well enough by comparison and I don’t think he’s spent the time forward to suggest he’s an upgrade on Krueger. For me it’s a cas of one of our current KP projects going in order to add another through pro scouting. Hence why there’s no reports of interest from us as yet.
Gironi from werribee is better than Derkson and has kicked 48 goals for the season. Gironi won't be picked up though because as you said, his form won't translate into AFL. Although handy, I doubt Derkson is on our radar. It is smart marketing by his manager though

Gironi from werribee is better than Derkson and has kicked 48 goals for the season. Gironi won't be picked up though because as you said, his form won't translate into AFL. Although handy, I doubt Derkson is on our radar. It is smart marketing by his manager though
It seems to me that the two most likely VFL guys are Bice and Davidson. Bice in particular looks a ready to go Noble type. Unfortunately it seems that with the door shutting on Keane there’s a thin market for ready to go KPD’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back