List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

This always makes wonder when they bring in a guy straight from playing regarding a coaching role.
How do they access if he can do the job or not (or is it a roll of the dice bc he’s a good / smart footballer?)

Felt it’s a bit like saying they were a good student so therefore will make a good teacher…

Btw, I have no idea if it’s a great good or bad appointment- or is it all about IP (from Port…!!!)
Tend to agree. Though I’m sure our very own Scott Pendlebury will get an assistant coaching job of some sort straight up.

Dev coaching would be pretty low-risk recruiting I would have thought. It's an extra warm body to do skills training and mentoring. Given Boak is a former captain I reckon it would be a good move.
The younger Port players always speak about how highly they rate him & how he's helped them develop. I think he'd be a good get too.

This always makes wonder when they bring in a guy straight from playing regarding a coaching role.
How do they access if he can do the job or not (or is it a roll of the dice bc he’s a good / smart footballer?)

Felt it’s a bit like saying they were a good student so therefore will make a good teacher…

Btw, I have no idea if it’s a great good or bad appointment- or is it all about IP (from Port…!!!)
Professionalism. Like Pendles Boak is in the elite of the elite preparers group. In a development capacity you’ll find out pretty quickly if he’s the wrong fit culturally or isn’t able to bring that professionalism across to coaching and can make that change. More often than not though those high performers adapt well (Mitchell, Buckley and Cox immediately come to mind). Gut feel is he’s also highly recommended by our likely incoming head of footy…

And you have worked this out because we have delisted only one player and the trade period and draft haven’t even started yet interesting

Pretty much, it's simple science when you really think about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dev coaching would be pretty low-risk recruiting I would have thought. It's an extra warm body to do skills training and mentoring. Given Boak is a former captain I reckon it would be a good move.
His training and preparation would only be second to Pendles

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty much, it's simple science when you really think about it.
How many trades are we going to do how many draft picks are we going to have
Why delist a player when they may have some value to someone else
How many senior and rookie list spots are we going to have
What fits into the salary caps and what doesn’t can we back end players contracts to fit a big name player in
Do we use our future first
in this years draft and do we have enough points for next for McGuane and any NGA players that might be of draftable standard
What will the final list mix look like does it have the balance required
Its certainly more involved in just delisting players
Until the trade prior finishes we will not no a lot of these answers
I am sure Lepps has his ideas and thoughts he a very capable operator and once he and the club has sorted it out we will be the last to know as it should be
The only reason Begg was delisted is that we already have 4 ruckman on the list and there was simply no spot for him Steene and Smitt where seen
as better prospects

Last edited:
What fits into the salary caps and what doesn’t can we back end players contracts to fit a big name player in
in this years draft and do we have enough points for next for McGuane and any NGA players that might be of draftable standard
I am sure Lepps has his ideas and thoughts he a very capable operator and once he and the club has sorted it out we will be the last to know as it should be
I think we'll go all in this year and trade in next year's first. Why wait another 12 months for what looks like a weak draft. I really believe we'll be hunting another flag next year

Very possible we'll trade this years first into this years draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back