List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

He wants to play out his career as an AFL midfielder which he can't do at GWS and he would also find it hard at Port. Butters Rozie and JHF are all younger and better established than him as midfielders.
While at Collingwood he will be competing against Mitchell (31 with foot injuries), Pendlebury (37), Sidebottom (34), Crisp (31), Daicos and a non established Allan. We can pretty much guarantee him a primary midfield spot.
Good point: If he's willing to wait a year for it, you'd think he'd get an opportunity to show what he's got through there.

Thanks jen, I can understand why they'd do that. We need to get the off season right and it doesn't necessarily mean they are gone
No it doesn't.
This happens every year. Some players in limbo until after trade. Just have to keep options open given the depth of the draft.

Perryman is on record as saying money isn't his driving factor, he simply wants more midfield time.
It would be refreshing for a player to just say they're moving for money. The industry obviously believes that the public wouldn't accept that reason - I think they're underestimating us and all but a few would be fine with it and those who won't be aren't fine with them moving for other reasons either - unless it's to their club.

Any inside info beeg, I'm getting desperate. Anything will do

Pretty quiet, haven't heard any more on Stringer apart from Collingwood had decided against him and that Sydney is the only real option, they won't decide until season is done.

Things could change, Stringer hasn't done himself any favours from what I heard.

It would be refreshing for a player to just say they're moving for money. The industry obviously believes that the public wouldn't accept that reason - I think they're underestimating us and all but a few would be fine with it.
It would be refreshing but unfortunately the footy public view the act of calling out a players name on draft night a binding for life and that that player is indentured in perpetuity. Consequently any player leaving the club that initially drafted them is seen a violent traitor that threatens the very legitimacy of the sport.

So players have to come up with better reason than just money to quell the masses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be refreshing but unfortunately the footy public view the act of calling out a players name on draft night a binding for life and that that player is indentured in perpetuity. Consequently any player leaving the club that initially drafted them is seen a violent traitor that threatens the very legitimacy of the sport.

So players have to come up with better reason than just money to quell the masses.

Is a senior player wanting to play a different role a better reason? Like money, it seems to be solely about personal gain from the move and actually could be viewed as being a bit more petty and self centred than money and the angle of setting up your family could be portrayed.

Tom Morris said that we have come late for Perryman, but Port have had the most interest and for longer.

Who been Longer does not really mean anything on a Choice

Guess missing our Early Targets brought Perryman into the Conversation

This trade period has me intrigued.
Me too. Should we pay the Perryman? Can he get us to the other side?

Just checked out the rest of the lyrics. We're getting him, but somehow Jon Doritich is involved:

In the rolling mist then he gets on board
Now there'll be no turning back
Beware that hooded old man at the rudder

Me too. Should we pay the Perryman? Can he get us to the other side?

Just checked out the rest of the lyrics. We're getting him, but somehow Jon Doritich is involved:

In the rolling mist then he gets on board
Now there'll be no turning back
Beware that hooded old man at the rudder
You don't always need to 'beware the hooded man', but it's a good rule of thumb.

Has anyone made a joke about Perryman and Don't Pay The Ferryman yet? I've got a really good one.
Blame Leppa. He's giving us nothing. All we have to talk is shit. At least Wrighty gave us shithouse deals to argue about.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back