List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Every club’s out-of-contract players​

Adelaide: Lachie Gollant, Will Hamill, Elliott Himmelberg, Ned McHenry, Patrick Parnell
Brisbane: Luke Beecken, Darcy Craven, Darragh Joyce, Kalin Lane, James Madden, Carter Michael, Jaxon Prior
Carlton: Jack Carroll, Matt Carroll, Sam Durdin, Matt Owies
Collingwood: Jack Bytel, Charlie Dean, Josh Eyre, Ned Long, Nathan Kreuger, Oleg Markov, Reef McInnes, Joe Richards, Lachie Sullivan
Essendon: Jayden Davey, Will Setterfield, Sam Weideman
Fremantle: Tom Emmett, Odin Jones, Max Knobel, Liam Reidy, Ethan Stanley, Patrick Voss
Geelong: Jed Bews, Patrick Dangerfield, Mitch Duncan, Jake Kolodjashnij, Rhys Stanley
Gold Coast: Levi Casboult, Hewego Paul Oea
GWS Giants: Adam Kennedy, James Peatling, Harry Perryman, Conor Stone
Hawthorn: Josh Bennetts, Denver Grainger-Barras, Harry Morrison, Jack O’Sullivan, Ethan Phillips
Melbourne: Marty Hore, Joel Smith, Adam Tomlinson
North Melbourne: Blake Drury, Cooper Harvey, Charlie Lazzaro
Port Adelaide: Travis Boak, Charlie Dixon, Francis Evans, Kyle Marshall, Tom McCallum, Quinton Narkle, Tom Scully
Richmond: Mate Colina, Matt Coulthard, Noah Cumberland, Thomson Dow, Jack Graham, Kamdyn McIntosh
St Kilda: Jack Hayes, Olli Hotton, Zak Jones, Tim Membrey, Ben Paton
Sydney Swans: Harry Arnold, Jack Buller, Aaron Francis, Tom Hanily, Jacob Konstanty, Jaiden Magor, Lachie McAndrew, Caleb Mitchell, Cooper Vickery
West Coast: Coby Burgiel, Jai Culley, Luke Edwards, Josh Rotham, Alex Witherden
Western Bulldogs: Charlie Clarke, Riley Garcia, Jason Johannisen, Alex Keath

Carlton and North Melbourne lead the race for Houston, who is contracted for four more seasons, but the Power will demand a strong return for the back-to-back All-Australian.
Collingwood, Western Bulldogs and St Kilda have also expressed interest in Houston

Cumming announced last week he was leaving GWS to play for a South Australian team, with two sources telling this masthead at the time that his club choice could impact what Perryman does.

Markov hit a trigger earlier this season.

Schultz could win the norm smith and us a flag next year. Who knows. Judging the trade one year doesn’t work for me. In any event, by all reports this is a strong draft and well worth getting into. Pick 15 this year might even be equivalent to a pick 5 in a weak draft.
So pick 10 this year would be like a pick 3 in a weaker draft? So pick 3 for Schultz is what we traded?

Pick 20 for Noble in a strong draft is a ripping deal. Take it and run away smiling if it's offered.
You flip flop with the best of them at times! On the one hand a marginal upgrade in Rioli is needing 6 + and we should be so lucky to receive 20 for a guy you’ve suggested will be a loss next year because of his line breaking? Choose a lane. Hardwick is on record that players are what they’re after and they have one over the line with two years to run on a contract at Collingwood.

None of that is to suggest that I disagree with your take on what the loss of Noble means for the list. I just don’t believe anyone that rates him should be dancing in the streets over a pick that could push out to 27 (Aschroft, Kaku, Lombard, Marshall and perhaps Tauru get bids plus Battle compensation and maybe Perryman).

Last edited:
It’s generally accepted that it’s not a particularly good idea to try to develop a lot of high end talent all at once. I think they’d probably want to spread it out over 2-3 years.
I think you’re spot on. Richmond will want to translate picks around 17-30+ for future draft capital and will listen to all offers. With so many wholes in their list I think you’ll find they’ll use the earlier selections. I think the Tigers would be happy to trade with the pies but as you are tipped to rebound, your future F1 would not secure you a pick(I think) below 14 - 15 and most likely 17 -21.
What are your thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back