List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea where Perryman will end up, but can 100% confirm his manager is doing an excellent job of driving his price up to the absolute maximum number available in the market. I don't buy for a second that he doesn't know if he wants to live in Adelaide and play for Port, or live in Melbourne and play for the Pies. His bags would be packed, he'd know what he's doing, surely.

No idea where Perryman will end up, but can 100% confirm his manager is doing an excellent job of driving his price up to the absolute maximum number available in the market. I don't buy for a second that he doesn't know if he wants to live in Adelaide and play for Port, or live in Melbourne and play for the Pies. His bags would be packed, he'd know what he's doing, surely.
Yep his manager is just doing his job

2025 likely to be his final year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the only player Mitchell has to fight for a spot is Fin it will be the easiest fight of his life.

Cal Twomey believes we have offered more than port for Perryman. He's got a decision to make.
Also. Richards is 50/50 weighing up both offers
Believes we can still get pick 12 from GC for noble (probably with some other picks) and we possibly use our F1 given we have Mcguane next year
Still thinks Tomlinson is a chance

If Richards leaves they mentioned what they get for soldo, they can pass on to us

If the only player Mitchell has to fight for a spot is Fin it will be the easiest fight of his life.
Particularly when "looks set to stay at Collingwood" probably means that Collingwood can't unload the contracted Macrae.

Cal Twomey believes we have offered more than port for Perryman. He's got a decision to make.
Believes we can still get pick 12 from GC for noble (probably with some other picks) and we possibly use our F1 given we have Mcguane next year
Tomlinson or a tall defender of that ilk seems likely to me with neither Dean or Eyre being signed yet. We must be trying to add there - and can't go in with only Howe, Moore, Frampton and anyone we may draft.

At what pick would our future first have to land at to think that it was a successful trade ? 10-18?

What if our future pick is between 1-9?

When we traded last years first for Schultz I wonder if everyone was talking about how deep the draft was in 2024.

I’m just sick of continually trading out our future first, it hasn’t gone well for us and I’d rather keep it out of a noble trade.
So your issue wasn't with JFN's trade value but rather with trading F1 for this year's first?

If we make no major improvement to the list and have better fortunes with injury in 2025, we should make the 8... or at least top 10. In that case, F1 likely to be 10-18. No one can be sure how deep future years' draft can be... what we do hear is that this year's draft is special. So a 1st this year be pretty handy. I would not however be trading that pick, under any circumstance, for a Houston or whoever.

The other reason I believe it makes sense to trade F1 for 2025 draft is that we have a highly rated father son prospect next year who might be bid on early, so instead of losing a 1st rounder we could use multiple later picks for points

If Richards leaves they mentioned what they get for soldo, they can pass on to us
Cal and Riley are probably the most reliable trade sources out there so this is good stuff

Tomlinson or a tall defender of that ilk seems likely to me with neither Dean or Eyre being signed yet. We must be trying to add there - and can't go in with only Howe, Moore, Frampton and anyone we may draft.
Interesting, Dean can make the VFL look like junior footy, some of his intercepting is next level, but he hasn't been able to replicate it in the AFL yet. Eyre has more size but hasn't had a good run at it. I think a thomlinson is a no brainer for a couple of years. We already know what we'll get out of him. I don't envy the people that have to make these decisions. It's a hard one

So your issue wasn't with JFN's trade value but rather with trading F1 for this year's first?

If we make no major improvement to the list and have better fortunes with injury in 2025, we should make the 8... or at least top 10. In that case, F1 likely to be 10-18. No one can be sure how deep future years' draft can be... what we do hear is that this year's draft is special. So a 1st this year be pretty handy. I would not however be trading that pick, under any circumstance, for a Houston or whoever.

The other reason I believe it makes sense to trade F1 for 2025 draft is that we have a highly rated father son prospect next year who might be bid on early, so instead of losing a 1st rounder we could use multiple later picks for points
What are the rules on bidding? Otherwise if we can get LM with 2nd and 3rds makes sense to trade in this year and have a stockpile of young talent to build around n daicos.

Looking like Perryman is 50/50. Hopefully he makes a decision in the next few days

It is actually depressing that 12 months after landing a premiership, we cannot even attract a Perryman (not a star) to our club.

I am happy the club is not paying overs, as I want players driven by success and not money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey believes we have offered more than port for Perryman.
No Way Do Not Want GIF

Interesting, Dean can make the VFL look like junior footy, some of his intercepting is next level, but he hasn't been able to replicate it in the AFL yet. Eyre has more size but hasn't had a good run at it. I think a thomlinson is a no brainer for a couple of years. We already know what we'll get out of him. I don't envy the people that have to make these decisions. It's a hard one
Yeah I'm surprised that Dean hasn't been signed yet.

Does he lack a yard in pace? Either way, we do need better back up down back if we're serious about next year. I think Thomlinson offers that
Me too - you'd love us to get a longer term guy, but in the meantime, a stop gap for free is better than leaving the gap.

Both pace and strength look issues with Dean - they do with Lever too though - and he's a star. I don't know how they pick them.

If we do manage getting pick 12 I can’t see the sense in going to the draft with Houston still on the table. I can only see us going to the draft if we can’t get him.
With the list we have and keeping all our older players it would suggest we are going for another hit at a GF rather than starting a mini rebuild

If we do manage getting pick 12 I can’t see the sense in going to the draft with Houston still on the table. I can only see us going to the draft if we can’t get him.
With the list we have and keeping all our older players it would suggest we are going for another hit at a GF rather than starting a mini rebuild
We need good young players and Houston is 29 so probably past his prime especially for Price Port would want for him

Its north v carlton now for Houston
Only Perryman for us now, plus the noble deal and possibly picking up a cheap defender

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back