List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Me after catching up on the last 6 pages reading that we are potentially interested in Perryman, Peatling and Ollie Lord.

jizz in my pants GIF
Is that gif mean good or bad?

He's a 22 year old KPF averaging just over a goal a game. He hasn't proven anything but his stats are probably on par with a few other KPF at his age. We'd be after him on potential more than anything else.
Yet Darcy Moore who had better numbers earlier in his career is referred to by some here as a failed forward 🥴

Me after catching up on the last 6 pages reading that we are potentially interested in Perryman, Peatling and Ollie Lord.

jizz in my pants GIF
Given our situation with not much to play with I'd be thrilled with those three getting on board. Who do you expect us to go after without taking the piss?

This obsession with age is insane.

A 27yo player may have 4 elite years left in them. Not just good years, I’m talking peak performance years.

Would you not have taken Jeremy Cameron in our forward line this year? He’s 31.

Would you not have wanted to pair up Nick this year with a great inside mid like Cripps, Neale or Liberatore? 29, 31 and 32yo respectively.

Get any of these magically in our team this season and we probably win the flag and are favourites going into next year. I would take that every day over the idea of a potential team of future superstars with the lowest median age in the comp.

Now I get that you don’t want to pay too much for anyone and certainly not a tired, bruised up 30+yo with questionable training habits… but I see zero issues in getting someone like Houston in.

The issue I have with Houston is we probably only need a couple of good years out of him but will be paying for 5 or 6 and while he is a quality player we have other more critical areas of need right now.

After that we will likely go into a period of decline with our ageing core retiring so we are in won now mode and really need recruits who can do a job for us for the next couple of seasons without breaking the bank.

We have holes up forward and down back and need a bigger body or two in the midfield, so throwing most of our chips at a single player might very well hurt us more than it helps, as going down the path of chasing the shiniest thing in the room often does.

2 things stoked we chasing Ollie lord.

Secondly these bobby Hill to Fremantle rumours aren't going away should we be worried ?
Rumours from desperate Freo supporters aren’t worth worrying about. Bobby’s management and the club are in the process of negotiating an extension, it’s been pretty widely reported he’s not going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Peatling really is leaving GWS.

They’ve had a three-year contract in front of him for ages and he still hasn’t signed.

I don’t think he’d have gone as far as touring Melbourne clubs if he was just trying to squeeze some more $$$ out of GWS.

Dare we dream of Perryman AND Peatling? Or even Perryman, Peatling and Kennedy?

Some combo of those three would really sure-up our engine room as we move towards the retirements of Pendles, Sidey and Mitchell.
Replacing AAA grade talent with sole B/C listers is not resolving any engine room problems.

Don’t mind any of those trades but they can’t be replacements for the three outgoing players you’ve identified. I mean they can be, but we then won’t be contending for premierships.

2 things stoked we chasing Ollie lord.

Secondly these bobby Hill to Fremantle rumours aren't going away should we be worried ?
Isn't he managed by Colin Young? That's literally just his text book negotation strategry. Not a chance in hell he'd even consider sending any more of his clients to freo. I don't even think any freo fans believe that there's any iota of truth to those rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back