List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Given our situation with not much to play with I'd be thrilled with those three getting on board. Who do you expect us to go after without taking the piss?
I’m no expert so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

Perryman

As mentioned today Fly has stated we are keen on on Perryman, so seems it’s either us or Port with the tiniest chance of staying at the Giants. Hopefully the thought of coming from playing at a show ground for livestock to playing at the MCG in front of 70,000 is an incentive in itself.

Peatling

Someone in this thread earlier today mentioned Collingwood has booked his hotel and medical (Bigfooty rumours I know) and now Call Twomey reporting we are meeting up this week. A lot to play out on this one, as there’s a few clubs interested.

Lord

Going by that same article today Port will do everything to keep him. So i doubt we will get this one realistically.
Dixon retired and Marshall concussion issues.

Overall, I reckon Perryman. Maybe, if we can woo Peatling?

Ollie Lord would be a nice pickup.

Yep. Agreed.

Really glad we’re looking at someone like that.

I’d be mostly ok with an off-season of Perryman and Lord as our pick ups.

I won’t lie there’s still a part of me hoping we’re secretly organising Petracca behind the scenes too

I like how he always puts his socks on before his boots. Seems like a smart cookie
It's Pendles like professionalism and attention to detail.

My favourite answer was the who are your u answer. Sums up gws for me. I think they've got 4 people on the team: Toby, the little bloke in the helmet, Hogan and the floggish green. The rest are cyborgs. Brown haired, perfectly postured, athletic looking, fluid running, clean skilled robots without any idiosyncrasies or distinguishing features. Let's get a robot or two.

I’m no expert so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

Perryman

As mentioned today Fly has stated we are keen on on Perryman, so seems it’s either us or Port with the tiniest chance of staying at the Giants. Hopefully the thought of coming from playing at a show ground for livestock to playing at the MCG in front of 70,000 is an incentive in itself.

Peatling

Someone in this thread earlier today mentioned Collingwood has booked his hotel and medical (Bigfooty rumours I know) and now Call Twomey reporting we are meeting up this week. A lot to play out on this one, as there’s a few clubs interested.

Lord

Going by that same article today Port will do everything to keep him. So i doubt we will get this one realistically.
Dixon retired and Marshall concussion issues.

Overall, I reckon Perryman. Maybe, if we can woo Peatling?
Perryman the more likely
Peatling has about 8 clubs after him, and he spent the weekend meeting them. Now he has a decision to make.
Lord OOC 2026, don't think this year is realistic, but maybe we can make a play next year.

I can’t see us getting both Perryman & Peatling.

Our midfield rotations next year will include Naicos, JDG, Crisp, Titch, Pendles, Ed (probably), (maybe) Jaicos & Sidey (maybe).

Don’t see how we could fit both Perryman & Peatling into our midfield. I would love to have them both because it probably strengthens our list in general, but unlikely.

Our midfield rotations next year will include Naicos, JDG, Crisp, Titch, Pendles, Ed (probably), (maybe) Jaicos & Sidey (maybe).

Don’t see how we could fit both Perryman & Peatling into our midfield. I would love to have them both because it probably strengthens our list in general, but unlikely.
Titch, Pendles, Sidey, JDG might need a rest here and there. We need depth. Also Perryman can play defence as well.

JDG misses at least 5 games a year
Ed likely to be in and out
Crisp flexible
Perryman flexible
Mitchell likely to miss some games
Jaicos was playing half back in final games

I think we were short on flankers this year due to the mid injuries. Plus Noble is out. Two runners in would be good. Just shuffle them. Crisp to back flank. Peatling inside. Perryman to a wing. Leaving Nick, Titch, Jordy, Ed, Josh to cover midfield, back flank, the other wing and forward flanker who pushes up into the midfield. Or a different rotation like that. I don't think we'd have any trouble fitting them in.

They will fit very easily. Sidey and Pendles can play forward and back, it’s unrealistic to think we’ll get full capacity out of Mitchell either. Crisp can play back and Jordi forward.

Load up in the midfield, but we need another A grader in there as a priority!

They will fit very easily. Sidey and Pendles can play forward and back, it’s unrealistic to think we’ll get full capacity out of Mitchell either. Crisp can play back and Jordi forward.

Load up in the midfield, but we need another A grader in there as a priority!
Hopefully we can get in LDU's ear for next year 🙏

I don't think we'll get both. Reckon one and then try for a key defender depth

Replacing AAA grade talent with sole B/C listers is not resolving any engine room problems.

Don’t mind any of those trades but they can’t be replacements for the three outgoing players you’ve identified. I mean they can be, but we then won’t be contending for premierships.

Of course not - but they’re all way better centre square options than Macrae, Lipinski, Sullivan and Long - and would buy us time for McCreery, Harrison and Allan to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only concern about Lord is why Port went with Asava over him in the finals, especially after his good finals series last year. Was Lord injured? But then again they have "kick it high inside 50" Hinkley
He was injured early in the year. Missed weeks. Played about half a dozen matches at the end of the year. I posted this earlier.

All info available via google 🥴

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back