List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we'll get both. Reckon one and then try for a key defender depth

The fact that 3 190cm plus players in Dean, Krueger and McInness remain unsigned… I don’t think all 3 get delisted.. but 1-2 will so it says to me they still have bringing a KPP to the club in mind

The fact that 3 190cm plus players in Dean, Krueger and McInness remain unsigned… I don’t think all 3 get delisted.. but 1-2 will so it says to me they still have bringing a KPP to the club in mind
Plus Eyre unsigned

I don't think fly was bullshitting when he said he wanted a kpd, a kpf and a couple of wingman in a press conference late in the year

Well for me, I prefer a year where we do both, e.g end of 2022

Keep the first round pick and draft allan, but also bring in mitchell hill Frampton and McStay
Me too. I think in the current market, if you target FA and 30 year olds you can top up for the here and now and keep your picks for the future. It's the 27/28 year old guns that would cost a bomb that are where you're really choosing the here and now with the potential to damage the future

Lemmey, Scully, Jefferson, Keeler - apart from Jefferson all late picked talls.
How have they developed? Any worth a shot at recruiting?
I watched a Scully SANFL game earlier in the year. Didn't look likely to me, but who knows with skinny talls.

It’s good that the Collins lovers are out in the open.
We can now get to work eliminating them.
He was ubiquitous in the 80s, which is why many people got heartily sick of him.
He's extremely talented and was a brilliant drummer - his drumming with earlier Genesis is great.

He was ubiquitous in the 80s, which is why many people got heartily sick of him.
He's extremely talented and was a brilliant drummer - his drumming with earlier Genesis is great.
If only he had stayed a drummer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His third solo album is genius.
His latest is pretty good too.

giphy.gif

Arriving at Alberton after being selected in the 2020 draft, Ollie Lord stands at 195cm and has impressed with his marking ability and agility at ground level. His size and skillset makes him an extremely exciting prospect. Showing great potential in whatever position he is played in, Lord has emerged as one of Port Adelaide's most talented young players.
Still adding bulk to his frame, Lord is continuing to develop his size and skills. He made his first AFL appearance early in 2023 and went on to play another 12 games on the year - including a four goal performance in his first ever finals appearance. Showing notable improvement each outing, Lord looks primed for a significant jump in his young career.
He comes from good roots, with the Sandringham Dragons and Geelong Grammar product the grandson of Geelong’s 1962 Brownlow medallist and 1963 premiership star, Alistair Lord.

I watched a Scully SANFL game earlier in the year. Didn't look likely to me, but who knows with skinny talls.
He was too tall for the under 18's and now he's too skinny for the big league. I didn't like him or Jefferson in their draft year. Besides Darcy and now Dear, these 200cm plus beanpoles are a big risk. The better key forwards are the 195cm ish, who are super athletic if you can get one. This is just my opinion though. I have concerns over the Whitlock twins, who atm are nowhere near the king twins at the same age and both the King twins are good without being stars. I'd prefer someone like Faull in this draft

Now Lukosius has officially chosen Port Lord might be considering his position in the pecking order. If we can convince him to ask for an out then I am sure we will find a way to get the trade done.

I'm concerned why lord wasn't chosen over ratatouille in the finals, unless he was injured.
That old chestnut!!
The only concern about Lord is why Port went with Asava over him in the finals, especially after his good finals series last year. Was Lord injured? But then again they have "kick it high inside 50" Hinkley

I believe he was coming back from a knee leg injury
Edit: Jen posed another suggestion.

It was a fracture to the tibia and bone bruising to the knee. So you were both right

Now Lukosius has officially chosen Port Lord might be considering his position in the pecking order. If we can convince him to ask for an out then I am sure we will find a way to get the trade done.
Now that Dixon has retired, he’s more of a chance to get a game so would have to be a decent offer for us to get him across seeing as he’d be behind checkers and McStay.

I'm concerned why lord wasn't chosen over ratatouille in the finals, unless he was injured.
He had returned from a broken leg and played a few games toward the end of the season. Clearly not as match hardened as the other options. I'd be thrilled if we got him. A big, young, mobile key forward- those who are not fussed by the idea of having him in a Collingwood jumper amaze me.

I’m no expert so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

Perryman

As mentioned today Fly has stated we are keen on on Perryman, so seems it’s either us or Port with the tiniest chance of staying at the Giants. Hopefully the thought of coming from playing at a show ground for livestock to playing at the MCG in front of 70,000 is an incentive in itself.

Peatling

Someone in this thread earlier today mentioned Collingwood has booked his hotel and medical (Bigfooty rumours I know) and now Call Twomey reporting we are meeting up this week. A lot to play out on this one, as there’s a few clubs interested.

Lord

Going by that same article today Port will do everything to keep him. So i doubt we will get this one realistically.
Dixon retired and Marshall concussion issues.

Overall, I reckon Perryman. Maybe, if we can woo Peatling?
I think our chances of getting Lord are zero. What club would let go of a young, athletic key forward when they are so rare? Thanks for the updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back